VLAD 107 oz 7 grams
J-Sauce 108 oz 8 grams
Bdmack 109 oz 2 grams
MadMax 111 oz 0 grams
SlammedS. 111 oz 11 grams
Burnz 116 oz 0 grams

sshz

sshz

I've been reading some scientific papers tonight on UV-B........here's some of the more interesting points.

1. "Furthermore, UV light can reduce the lifespan of other equipment in your grow environment. This is because some materials, like plastic, degrade quickly when exposed to UV."

2. "UV wavelengths can also help plants defend against insects. UV wavelengths, and to some extent, other wavelengths of light, can trigger plants to release defence compounds. Some examples of these defence compounds are volatiles (smells that deter insects), hormones (alert defence responses in other parts of the plant), secondary metabolites (change the colour and taste of a plant) and trichomes."

3. "Aside from (potentially) increasing THC content and reducing damage from insects, UV wavelengths have other benefits. In particular, there is strong evidence that UV-B light prevents the spread and severity of fungal spores."

4. "Unfortunately, UV exposure is also connected with lower CBD levels. This is likely because there is a tradeoff between THC production and CBD production."

sshz

sshz

Contest guesses.......

TheShortAnswer 99 oz 5 grams
Mr.Greenthumb 99 oz 9 grams
Porky1982 99 oz 22 grams
Milson 101 oz 11 grams
Rootbound 102 oz 16 grams
Seb 103 oz 15 gams
BadBud3 104 oz 14 grams
JimmyC 105 oz 10 grams
Aqua Man 106 oz16 grams
Anthem 106 oz 17 grams
VLAD 107 oz 7 grams
J-Sauce 108 oz 8 grams
Bdmack 109 oz 2 grams
MadMax 111 oz 0 grams
SlammedS. 111 oz 11 grams
Burnz 116 oz 0 grams

sshz

sshz

The Destiny Exotic Genetics "Glueberry Muffin" is like 90% indica which I don't want to do so it will either be the Ethos End Game strain I mentioned earlier or something new, as I continue to look for something interesting and sativa leaning.

Happy Easter everyone.......smoke a fatty, enjoy your meal!

j.sauce

j.sauce

I've been reading some scientific papers tonight on UV-B........here's some of the more interesting points.

1. "Furthermore, UV light can reduce the lifespan of other equipment in your grow environment. This is because some materials, like plastic, degrade quickly when exposed to UV."

2. "UV wavelengths can also help plants defend against insects. UV wavelengths, and to some extent, other wavelengths of light, can trigger plants to release defence compounds. Some examples of these defence compounds are volatiles (smells that deter insects), hormones (alert defence responses in other parts of the plant), secondary metabolites (change the colour and taste of a plant) and trichomes."

3. "Aside from (potentially) increasing THC content and reducing damage from insects, UV wavelengths have other benefits. In particular, there is strong evidence that UV-B light prevents the spread and severity of fungal spores."

4. "Unfortunately, UV exposure is also connected with lower CBD levels. This is likely because there is a tradeoff between THC production and CBD production."
No.2 Is really why I bought myself some lizard UVB T5 and have been running it 100% of the time (it is quite weak). There is definitely more trichromes on the plants directly under the light. Volatiles (terps) and secondary metabolites is really what motivates me to add UVB.
Edit: This is what I am using Arcadia T5 HO Dragon Lamp 14% UVB 24w 22"

sshz

sshz

I posted some stuff meant for this thread accidentally in another, which I’ll copy and paste over tomorrow when I’m not under the influence.

The Orange Gasm thread now has over 42,000 views and growing, even though we don’t post in it anymore. When and if the views ever hit 45,000, I’ll buy any single pack of seeds from any seed company for the first person who mentions the 45,000 views in the current thread I’m running at the time (up to $250). This is the only time this will be mentioned........

sshz

sshz

I forgot to mention my replacement dehumidifier arrived. If you remember, the one I had bought last July for $233 started acting funny- the fan would not turn off, even when the compressor shut down. It was still working, but wouldn't have lasted very long. So it came with a 1 year warrant, and I bought an additional year for $18.

I contacted Frigidaire, the new one arrived within a week. The old one still works, but I put the new one in the room and will store the old one for emergencies. Frigidaire stands behind their warranty, and the unit can really suck the moisture out of the air when it's cranked up. On days I water, I can get about 3 gallons of water out of the air, which I add to my water reservoir to water with.

IMG_1458.jpg

sshz

sshz

In the same vain, my new Medify Air Scrubber is supposed to arrive tomorrow- we'll see. We were out on Easter from 11AM til 8:30PM and when we arrived home- the house smelled musky, but I didn't smell the plants. The Phresh Filters have probably helped some. I have high hopes for this new unit off of people's reviews and comments on it. For $600, at a minimum I'm hoping my allergies and asthma greatly improve. I'll keep everyone informed.

slammedsonoma420

slammedsonoma420

Thats great i really hope it helps with allergies, i know how bad it can get. Feeling like you cant breath your lungs are so tight. would you mind sharing what ratio you usually use for your oil infusion. i have some in the double boiler right now but think i need to add way more green i used 2oz (weighed after decarb) to 48fl oz coconut oil. i can always infuse the oil 2 times if needed.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Usually to 14 oz of coconut oil, I add between 2-3 oz of pot. It may be a little overkill, but I like them strong, as does everyone else. Probably with less than 1.5 oz of pot, you may not feel a thing. 48 fl oz of coconut oil sounds like a lot of oil, you’ll need to add a lot more pot to make it work. A lot more!

sshz

sshz

Well, it's a beast. It's bigger than I thought, and definitely louder than I thought at the highest speed. Either way though, if it works well, I'll be a happy camper and buy 1-2 more for each floor of the house. Initially, it's best to run it in each room for 2-3 hours, then place it centrally and leave it be.

IMG 0330

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well, it's a beast. It's bigger than I thought, and definitely louder than I thought at the highest speed. Either way though, if it works well, I'll be a happy camper and buy 1-2 more for each floor of the house. Initially, it's best to run it in each room for 2-3 hours, then place it centrally and leave it be.

View attachment 1110343
Looks real clean! Curious of the results for sure the pollen here in fla is horrible this time a year, so ya got me thinking how well would one keep up?

sshz

sshz

Thats great i really hope it helps with allergies, i know how bad it can get. Feeling like you cant breath your lungs are so tight. would you mind sharing what ratio you usually use for your oil infusion. i have some in the double boiler right now but think i need to add way more green i used 2oz (weighed after decarb) to 48fl oz coconut oil. i can always infuse the oil 2 times if needed.

Regarding this, once or twice I made the oil and it wasn't potent enough so I melted it down and double boiled it again with more pot to make it stronger. So it is possible to do and it will work fine.

slammedsonoma420

slammedsonoma420

Regarding this, once or twice I made the oil and it wasn't potent enough so I melted it down and double boiled it again with more pot to make it stronger. So it is possible to do and it will work fine.
Thanks. That's exactly what i'm going to do. Now just to figure out what to do with a lifetime supply of coconut oil! I'm sure ill find a use!

slammedsonoma420

slammedsonoma420

Looks real clean! Curious of the results for sure the pollen here in fla is horrible this time a year, so ya got me thinking how well would one keep up?
I will keep you posted. In FL also. Mine should be here wednesday the tracking says, UPS. Im not really allergic to the pollen though, dust and cats to hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom