Everything Was Going So Well Then Root Aphids....

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I would think the nematodes in EWC would take care of the root aphids....... Maybe a dead bag of EWC from store bought castings?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I wrote a how to that works and is proven by me and several other people. I've beat them twice in a perpetual grow, so I know it can be done. Look up my name and search the archives. Its a multi step multi product remedy. Be diligent and you will win.......cutting everything down Isn't an option for me and root aphids don't justify that extreme move to me. I was told so many times to chop my crop and just take a loss; to you guys I say: you give up to easy.
I agree but some of these guys are on a schedule and got sick people to take care of and can't have the speed of their crop slowed. It would be nice to have plants that don't attract bugs.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would think the nematodes in EWC would take care of the root aphids....... Maybe a dead bag of EWC from store bought castings?
I question the quality of some EWC out there. I have found my share of EWC coated peat marbles in bags. I also think the East Coast has a much easier specie to kill.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

Why is no one using Mycotrol ESO or a product containing Beauveria bassiana? Boom. Dead bugs. Bugs are so defeatable.

The thought of me makes them tremble.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Why is no one using Mycotrol ESO or a product containing Beauveria bassiana? Boom. Dead bugs. Bugs are so defeatable.

The thought of me makes them tremble.
I was under the impression that mycotrol was owned by Monsanto because the label is so similar to Botanicare. Laverlam International is the parent company and it has an active ingredient of 11% and Monsanto Botanicare is 22%. Thanks @QuantumGen ! I don't by Monsanto/scotts and I thought I was shit out of luck on Beauveria bassiana.
http://www.birc.org/JulAug2011.pdf

Last edited:
DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

I am with SHIRDABZALOT, cutting down is never an option. I am fighting these bastards right now. Not scared! So far I have tried SMS203 at more then full strength, didn't work. Tried 1 teaspoon of rosemary extract and 1 teaspoon of dawn70 degree water(recipe found on other site) worked awesome for about 10 days then very small return of RAs. I intentionally did not do follow up applications to see if they were one stop applications as claimed. Tried azamax at 6%(60 gallons, wasn't cheap), didn't work. Today I tried the old school hot water technique, 120 degree water for 5 minutes, I'm in DWC BTW. All RAs are dead, scoped several. This option is suppose to kill all stages, under the scope they are f***ed. This technique has been used successfully for 20 years, I will update for current cannabis culture. If it works I will go over how I did it and then one can adjust to their setup. To follow is a pic 9 hours after hot dunk and hour before night time, a lot of people said this killed their plants. DTS. I would laugh my ass off if this worked, already spent $200 on grow shop shit that didn't work.

IMG 1478
IMG 1480
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I am with SHIRDABZALOT, cutting down is never an option. I am fighting these bastards right now. Not scared! So far I have tried SMS203 at more then full strength, didn't work. Tried 1 teaspoon of rosemary extract and 1 teaspoon of dawn70 degree water(recipe found on other site) worked awesome for about 10 days then very small return of RAs. I intentionally did not do follow up applications to see if they were one stop applications as claimed. Tried azamax at 6%(60 gallons, wasn't cheap), didn't work. Today I tried the old school hot water technique, 120 degree water for 5 minutes, I'm in DWC BTW. All RAs are dead, scoped several. This option is suppose to kill all stages, under the scope they are f***ed. This technique has been used successfully for 20 years, I will update for current cannabis culture. If it works I will go over how I did it and then one can adjust to their setup. To follow is a pic 9 hours after hot dunk and hour before night time, a lot of people said this killed their plants. DTS. I would laugh my ass off if this worked, already spent $200 on grow shop shit that didn't work.
Those sure do look healthy for having RAs

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Today I tried the old school hot water technique, 120 degree water for 5 minutes, I'm in DWC BTW. All RAs are dead, scoped several. This option is suppose to kill all stages, under the scope they are f***ed. This technique has been used successfully for 20 years, I will update for current cannabis culture. If it works I will go over how I did it and then one can adjust to their setup. To follow is a pic 9 hours after hot dunk and hour before night time, a lot of people said this killed their plants. DTS. I would laugh my ass off if this worked, already spent $200 on grow shop shit that didn't work.
Yeah! When I shared the phylloxtera (sp? grape RAs) paper that discussed the hot water method some years ago a cat tried it, said he killed his plants. Yours look amazing at this point!

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

Yeah! When I shared the phylloxtera (sp? grape RAs) paper that discussed the hot water method some years ago a cat tried it, said he killed his plants. Yours look amazing at this point!
Hi Sea, its been a while. Thank you for the compliment; and because of the plants up-top visual appearance, I failed to notice the RAs when I transferred the last round to my flower room, don't think they were that infested yet cause I then would just glance at my roots because up-top looked great. 10 days into flower I start noticing what appears to be nutrient deficiencies so of course I try to make adjustments with no improvements. Water uptake is slowing so I take a good look at the root zone, holyshit!, what the hell is this?! Probably about 50-100 visually(which means 1,000s are present I'm sure) so I tried everything that I stated in the previous post, definitely slowed them down but they were visually still there. I am now 7 weeks into flower and it is impossible for me to lift the plants out of there home buckets into treatment buckets so I'm adding H202 to keep them pissed until I harvest. Pics of sum of the colas to follow. Now my plants in veg, different story, I can do what I need to, hence taking the chance on the hot water dunk(HWD). So far, so good. It's been 48 hours and they look descent. As you well know Sea anyone can type and say they did something(AS DIRECTED) and they may not have. Before attempting the HWD I read several studies that were done showing fluctuations of 15-20 degrees from the recommended 120 degree water could kill certain plants. I kept to the 118-122 degree mark.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

Not so healthy looking root zones Doc(see previous pics). You could barely see any white on the roots, that's how infested some of the plants root zones were. This is roughly 48 hours after 120 degree hot water dunk for a minimum of five minutes, they got a little pissed. There is zero signs of RAs as of now. If you have a healthy plant to start out with and run into problems, they usually can be fixed. If your plants are not so healthy and you run into problems like this, your chances of survival deminish tremendously. IMO

W

WyattHerbz

Mighty wash did wonders for me. Out of nowhere they were all over my plants. Drenched my ladies in MW with lights off. 1 week later stull havent seen any.

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

Hi Sea, its been a while. Thank you for the compliment; and because of the plants up-top visual appearance, I failed to notice the RAs when I transferred the last round to my flower room, don't think they were that infested yet cause I then would just glance at my roots because up-top looked great. 10 days into flower I start noticing what appears to be nutrient deficiencies so of course I try to make adjustments with no improvements. Water uptake is slowing so I take a good look at the root zone, holyshit!, what the hell is this?! Probably about 50-100 visually(which means 1,000s are present I'm sure) so I tried everything that I stated in the previous post, definitely slowed them down but they were visually still there. I am now 7 weeks into flower and it is impossible for me to lift the plants out of there home buckets into treatment buckets so I'm adding H202 to keep them pissed until I harvest. Pics of sum of the colas to follow. Now my plants in veg, different story, I can do what I need to, hence taking the chance on the hot water dunk(HWD). So far, so good. It's been 48 hours and they look descent. As you well know Sea anyone can type and say they did something(AS DIRECTED) and they may not have. Before attempting the HWD I read several studies that were done showing fluctuations of 15-20 degrees from the recommended 120 degree water could kill certain plants. I kept to the 118-122 degree mark.
How did you hear all the water?

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

How did you hear all the water?
I put a 3.5 gallon bucket in my kitchen sink, filled it 3/4 the way with my hot sink water which comes out around 115 degrees. I then filled the inside of the sink up(around the bucket to help keep temps as steady as possible). On the stove I had a pot of water getting as hot as possible that I added to fill the already 3/4 filled bucket, this would usually get the temp around 118-120 degrees. I would heat the water for the next plant while another plant was sitting in the hot tub.

DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

UPDATE!! 4 DAYS LATER...
Out of 18 plants, 4 are definitely pissed off and probably are NOT going to make it. 6 others are pissed but are already showing signs of bouncing back and the rest are doing fine. I also administered Jacks(spinosad) to kill anything rolling around my veg room and to get some spinosad into the plants to help fight, not sure if this pissed the plants off right after being cooked.

Suggestions: -Be super anal about the 5 minutes, I had to go out into my shop to get nutes a couple different times and walked into the house with the timer going off.
- Do NOT use full strength nutes when placing plants back into DWC, I would use 1/4 strength until you see the plants bouncing back. Make sure to use a root accelerator at full strength with your 1/4 strength solution, I use GH Rapid Start.
- Your plants may NOT make it, use as a serious last resort.

- Oh yeah, still ZERO signs of RAs as of now.

Top Bottom