Everytime I turn my light up, I get the yellow brick road....

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HomegrownOhighO

I don't understand, my light is at 24 inches at 60% intensity, been slowly turning it up in flower but everytime I do, she starts to go yellow on me. Indicative of a nitrogen deficiency. She is receiving Gaia Green Bloom so the N should be there. My ppfd is between 600-750, DLI between 25-35. My medium is promix hp, week 7 of flower. Should I even worry about the yellowing this late in the game because she does look good and smells like sweet blueberries. It would be nice to finish one still lush and green.

Everytime i turn my light up i get the yellow brick road
Everytime i turn my light up i get the yellow brick road 2
Everytime i turn my light up i get the yellow brick road 3
Everytime i turn my light up i get the yellow brick road 4
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I don't understand, my light is at 24 inches at 60% intensity, been slowly turning it up in flower but everytime I do, she starts to go yellow on me. Indicative of a nitrogen deficiency. She is receiving Gaia Green Bloom so the N should be there. My ppfd is between 600-750, DLI between 25-35. My medium is promix hp, week 7 of flower. Should I even worry about the yellowing this late in the game because she does look good and smells like sweet blueberries. It would be nice to finish one still lush and green.
If it finishes lush and green the smoke will be harsh. You want a fade

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

The yellowing is natural when you're that far in the flower process, the plant is dying. I think they look great, I would crank the Watts right up to the top at this point in the grow. Don't worry about those yellow leaves. They will naturally curl up and die and pull them off as they do, they are serving no purpose at that point.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
So, should I slowly keep cranking the light up? I feel like I should be closer to 70-75% on intensity or should I focus more on ppfd and dli?
There is a lot to the decision but, it's am annual plant, let it fade and die off. I wouldn't go crazy with the light, leave it where the leaves look flat, if they are droopy at the end of the day cycle,its probably too much, if they are praying at the end of the day they need more light. ✌

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

There is a lot to the decision but, it's am annual plant, let it fade and die off. I wouldn't go crazy with the light, leave it where the leaves look flat, if they are droopy at the end of the day cycle,its probably too much, if they are praying at the end of the day they need more light. ✌
I've never seen my leaves pray this far in the stage even with lack of light.. have you? I'm not being sarcastic either bro. I'm just saying that I've never seen yellow leaves fold up like a taco. Once they turn yellow they just continue yellowing and drooping with black spots until they either fall off or you pull them off. I've also never grown with LED lights also so that could be a big difference.

H

HomegrownOhighO

How many days are you from seed on this Auto?
Fucking 112 days since seed. It was supposed to be a blueberry auto from fastbuds. I actually had to flip her myself. I'm hoping only a couple more weeks. What ppfd and dli would you recommend 7 weeks into flower?

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Fucking 112 days since seed. It was supposed to be a blueberry auto from fastbuds. I actually had to flip her myself. I'm hoping only a couple more weeks. What ppfd and dli would you recommend 7 weeks into flower?
Should be at around 700-800 ppfd... Maybe 50 DLI... The DLI can vary a bit.. but I'd stay in the ppfd range of 700- 800... Don't go under 20 or over 70 with the DLI.. don't go under 450 or over a 1000 with the ppfd... This far in the stage I really wouldn't worry about any of that because you should be really close to cutting it down.. keep your pH in set and start flushing it with water... Most autos should never go over 85 days from seed. What do the trichomes look like on this thing?

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Are you saying this is an autoflower that went 63 days without producing a bud? You had to flip it to a 12/12 cycle to get it to flower? At 63 days that things should be totally full of trichomes and a week and a half from cutting

H

HomegrownOhighO

Should be at around 700-800 ppfd... Maybe 50 DLI... The DLI can vary a bit.. but I'd stay in the ppfd range of 700- 800... Don't go under 20 or over 70 with the DLI.. don't go under 450 or over a 1000 with the ppfd... This far in the stage I really wouldn't worry about any of that because you should be really close to cutting it down.. keep your pH in set and start flushing it with water... Most autos should never go over 85 days from seed. What do the trichomes look like on this thing?
I haven't check the trichomes yet but I will tomorrow.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Are you saying this is an autoflower that went 63 days without producing a bud? You had to flip it to a 12/12 cycle to get it to flower? At 63 days that things should be totally full of trichomes and a week and a half from cutting
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Not the best experience for a first time grower but I'm managing and taking it all as a lesson. I know exactly what to do on my next run now. I had two, I just harvested the one and this one was about 3 weeks behind her in flowering because I had to flip this one.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I haven't check the trichomes yet but I will tomorrow.
Have you checked the trichomes at all during the grow? Although it is hard to tell in pictures, the buds look pretty developed. For the length of time that this plant has been growing I'd think it would be really close to ready.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Not the best experience for a first time grower but I'm managing and taking it all as a lesson. I know exactly what to do on my next run now. I had two, I just harvested the one and this one was about 3 weeks behind her in flowering because I had to flip this one.
Did you have it on an 18-6 light schedule before flipping it to 12/12? This is one of the weirdest situations I've ever heard of with an autoflower. They are never supposed to see 12/12 light. They require at least 18 hours to actually produce. That is one weird plant you have dude 😂

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

It's a really nice looking plant and I bet you it's totally bomb bud when it's done. What brand of seed is it?

H

HomegrownOhighO

Have you checked the trichomes at all during the grow? Although it is hard to tell in pictures, the buds look pretty developed. For the length of time that this plant has been growing I'd think it would be really close to ready.
I honestly haven't, maybe I'll try to do that today. Her lights off is at 3pm so I hate going in there after that and I'm usually not off until after that. At the latest it will be tomorrow morning.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Did you have it on an 18-6 light schedule before flipping it to 12/12? This is one of the weirdest situations I've ever heard of with an autoflower. They are never supposed to see 12/12 light. They require at least 18 hours to actually produce. That is one weird plant you have dude 😂
Hahaha, tell me about it. Yeah both were on 18/6 and the other flowered at 6 weeks but this one wasn't even close. I have heard that some autos can have the photo gene and sometimes have to be flipped and kept on 12/12 after that. And honestly, she went nuts after the 12/12 switch.

H

HomegrownOhighO

It's a really nice looking plant and I bet you it's totally bomb bud when it's done. What brand of seed is it?
Fastbuds blueberry, and I'm sort of weed snob but this does smell straight like blueberries and if I squeeze a bud and have a sniff it's the gaseous blueberry, smells of heaven. Hard to find bud that ppl say is blueberry and it actually be a blueberry strain because true blueberry taste like fucking blueberries. Lol.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Hahaha, tell me about it. Yeah both were on 18/6 and the other flowered at 6 weeks but this one wasn't even close. I have heard that some autos can have the photo gene and sometimes have to be flipped and kept on 12/12 after that. And honestly, she went nuts after the 12/12 switch.
It looks like it has all of the traits of an auto but with the photoperiod gene to flower... Cool but time-consuming. My buddy just had an autoflower sprout two stocks. Two plants growing out of one seed so I can't wait to see this when it gets bigger.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Fastbuds blueberry, and I'm sort of weed snob but this does smell straight like blueberries and if I squeeze a bud and have a sniff it's the gaseous blueberry, smells of heaven. Hard to find bud that ppl say is blueberry and it actually be a blueberry strain because true blueberry taste like fucking blueberries. Lol.
I've rarely had any bud that tasted of its name.. the only thing that I've had really potent is anything lemon, lemon Haze, lemon sour diesel, they all taste like pledge 😂

Top Bottom