Everytime I turn my light up, I get the yellow brick road....

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I honestly haven't, maybe I'll try to do that today. Her lights off is at 3pm so I hate going in there after that and I'm usually not off until after that. At the latest it will be tomorrow morning.
Open the tent and check them when the light is off with a good bright bulb, if it's only a few minutes you're not going to do anything to hurt the bud, and that whole light leak making the plant Hermie out is a freaking myth.. outdoor plants grow with the moonlight and everything else just fine all year. That's a total load of crap, that doesn't mean to keep the light on your plants during it's dark time, but you can indeed open the tent for a few minutes and check your plants, it's the best time to view them with a good flashlight because you can really see everything. If a plant Hermes out because it saw some light during its dark time, that's a bad genetic.

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

I honestly haven't, maybe I'll try to do that today. Her lights off is at 3pm so I hate going in there after that and I'm usually not off until after that. At the latest it will be tomorrow morning.
And even if it did hermie out you're too far in the game for it to actually produce a seed anyway so don't worry about it dude

H

HomegrownOhighO

And even if it did hermie out you're too far in the game for it to actually produce a seed anyway so don't worry about it dude
She already hermed out a little bit, it's personal and my second plant ever so I let her finish up. Plus, for a while I was picking the pollen sacs off and I have yet to see any nanners either. The buds are so dense and just all around completely different than the other blueberry but from the same company, just different phenos I guess. Next run is, banana purple punch from fastbuds hopefully these stay auto and I can harvest in 8-10 weeks. That would be a cake walk compared to this 16 almost 17 week stretch. And I agree, for all I know this one could be done. I need to check those trichs.

Newty

Newty

Does the package say Auto directly on it? FastBuds doesn't sell just Autos but also photoperiod fast flowering strains and it sounds like that's maybe what you got.

H

HomegrownOhighO

Does the package say Auto directly on it? FastBuds doesn't sell just Autos but also photoperiod fast flowering strains and it sounds like that's maybe what you got.
No longer have package but here is the receipt. Says auto.

Newty

Newty

No longer have package but here is the receipt. Says auto.
They claim 9 weeks for the blueberry and now that I'm looking, I don't see them offering the blueberry in a fast flowering photoperiod anyways.

Do you think the plant looks like what they advertise? Maybe they were packaged wrong? Did you buy directly or from a authorized retailer? Send them a message, maybe they will help you out.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I donno you guys, the "fade" does happen, but it could and should be avoided, at least to an extent. Someone here mentioned green leaves at the end will result in harsh tasting weed. Thats simply not true. I try and keep my plants as green as possible till chop, and its fire, no harshness at all. Once the fan leaves yellow and die, the sugar leaves are next. And then guess what, that dead shit spreads to the buds. Thats nasty harsh, yuck..

Heres a batch im running right now in a 2x4, beginning of week 5. Green and healthy..

PXL 20240319 184213218

C

chinaoreo

Fastbuds blueberry, and I'm sort of weed snob but this does smell straight like blueberries and if I squeeze a bud and have a sniff it's the gaseous blueberry, smells of heaven. Hard to find bud that ppl say is blueberry and it actually be a blueberry strain because true blueberry taste like fucking blueberries. Lol.
i recently popped 3 ak47 autos.. only one was barely trying to flower after a 90 day veg.! threw them in 12/12 and watcha know there photos. if u really like this plant and its not an auto u can reveg and clone to keep the genetics

C

chinaoreo

I donno you guys, the "fade" does happen, but it could and should be avoided, at least to an extent. Someone here mentioned green leaves at the end will result in harsh tasting weed. Thats simply not true. I try and keep my plants as green as possible till chop, and its fire, no harshness at all. Once the fan leaves yellow and die, the sugar leaves are next. And then guess what, that dead shit spreads to the buds. Thats nasty harsh, yuck..

Heres a batch im running right now in a 2x4, beginning of week 5. Green and healthy..

View attachment 2137422
this right here is the truth..green weed is NOT harsh. undried uncured weed is most times unpleasant. ALSO flushing and fade is bro science. now that legality has came into the scene there are clinical testing and trials.. weed that has not been deprived or flushed near the end in blind testing groups results in more potent weed. better yeild.. and YES better flavor

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I've never seen my leaves pray this far in the stage even with lack of light.. have you? I'm not being sarcastic either bro. I'm just saying that I've never seen yellow leaves fold up like a taco. Once they turn yellow they just continue yellowing and drooping with black spots until they either fall off or you pull them off. I've also never grown with LED lights also so that could be a big difference.
Yes I have, as far as harvest actually.
Your anecdotal experience is appreciated though.
happy growing ✌

R

RGWD0202

To answer your original question, for future grows, Those leaves look more like a nutrient deficiency than light burn or heat stress. When plants get more light they use more magnesium, possibly a magnesium deficiency but as everyone else has said I’d let it go this far into flowering. Plus you don’t wanna add nutrients if it’s almost ready for harvest. I think it’ll be fine to let it ride out.

H

HomegrownOhighO

To answer your original question, for future grows, Those leaves look more like a nutrient deficiency than light burn or heat stress. When plants get more light they use more magnesium, possibly a magnesium deficiency but as everyone else has said I’d let it go this far into flowering. Plus you don’t wanna add nutrients if it’s almost ready for harvest. I think it’ll be fine to let it ride out.
Could be but she gets calmag weekly and this only happens when I start fucking with the lighting.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

some plants just dont want more light, are you using an app to check ppfd? where you are at in your grow is normally when i start turning down the light. How often are you hitting it with teas/microbes? maybe the gaia is being broken down fast enough for the plants to keep up with the increased light

H

HomegrownOhighO

Its possible you have a lockout issue. Do you check your PH every watering? Also what are watering with?
Yes, I keep it around 6.5 and I have a natural spring where I source my water. Do you mean pH of runoff?

R

RGWD0202

some plants just dont want more light, are you using an app to check ppfd? where you are at in your grow is normally when i start turning down the light. How often are you hitting it with teas/microbes? maybe the gaia is being broken down fast enough for the plants to keep up with the increased light
The greensand in there takes over a year to breakdown, kinda weird they put that in there. I like what else is in there though.

R

RGWD0202

Yes, I keep it around 6.5 and I have a natural spring where I source my water. Do you mean pH of runoff?
PH what is going in. Id check the ppm of what is coming out, even organics it can build up too much. It never hurts to see the ph that is coming out. But I wouldn’t stress over that too much regardless the number. A lot people that have limestone or gypsum or another buffer in soil and nutrients believe it’s not necessary and don’t worry about their ph. However it can still be too low or high which is what causes those lockout issues when ph is under 5.5 or over 7. Also if you use silica and add it in the wrong order you can cause a nutrient deficiency that way.

Again, you are so far along none of this really matters in your situation and really your plant really looks nice especially with everything it’s thrown at you. But could do those checks and see what they say and just take it as a learning opportunity. Everything is likely in range but always a good idea to check it every now and then

Top Bottom