Exactly who is DJ Short?

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

He is from Sacramento or was. He did a ton of work for the mmj community here in Sacramento, just as Bog did before they were ever had seed companies. Bog also helped Subcool get off the ground and growing when he was released from prison. DJ and BOG are both owed a huge thank you from thousands of us here in Sacramento.

LEXX1369

LEXX1369

DJ Short is well known around the OCF circles enjoying the family comfort for decades. Can share have smoked with DJ many, many times, sharing our Oregon harvests even a few hoots in Vansterdam. Good friend, so very glad he is teaching and doing well!

fractal

fractal

I know a little but won't say to much but I do know folks that are close still...high grade hash and red wine fills their days...I know one of them hasn't smoked actual weed in 20+ years now, only hash and good wine, told me they thought the buzz profile of actual weed/buds was crap and not even to their liking anymore..they sent me pics and I about fell out....there is three of them that hang out and you'll know all by name, all been in the game from jump street

Here is a little hash o rama from the gods

At one point I had an invite to go hang out and do a season with them but just couldn't make it all work out

Tex

BREEDER STEVE! gotta be him, he is in the wine biz now right?

fractal

fractal

Mainly wanted to get a pack of flo for some things later which is a great strain for daytime imo. Just asked about history and old school things. Touched base on real breeding and taking things further which in todays "breeding" if you want to call it that shits nonsense strait up. Crossing elites and thinking your works done is a joke, sham and deceitful. Learned interesting things about hash making also.

Preach it. . . I really wish breeder Steve and DJ would work on some new stuff. It's been 8 years since the last creation of anything from those two.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Just a quick update. He was at High Times Cannabis Cup this past weekend in San Berandino. I was able to get some blueberry seeds and location of his grape crush in clone form. Also he autographed a blueberry poster. Seems very humble and quiet.

S

spibach

DJ Short is well known around the OCF circles enjoying the family comfort for decades. Can share have smoked with DJ many, many times, sharing our Oregon harvests even a few hoots in Vansterdam. Good friend, so very glad he is teaching and doing well!
He's very alive and well. We've been good friends since the late 70's. He schedule's his trips through Eugene around my music shows. He claims I'm his favorite guitarist, but that's about all I'll say about him.

K

kolah

Lots of rumors that his original Blueberry seeds no longer exist. Is this true? FYI, he has a a Blueberry and a True Blueberry. I am asking about the Blueberry..... as I know the "True" strain is still available.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Lots of rumors that his original Blueberry seeds no longer exist. Is this true? FYI, he has a a Blueberry and a True Blueberry. I am asking about the Blueberry..... as I know the "True" strain is still available.
He lost the parents many years ago. Closest thing I've found is the "blues" from underground originals

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter

Yeah the True was a crossing used an Afghan to up the yield...I have posed the same question to someone repp'n his seeds....if it is as good...got no answer. I assume you would have to look thru quite a few to find anything truly blue leaning...

He lost the parents many years ago. Closest thing I've found is the "blues" from underground originals

He is randomly passing out seeds in the PNW area....older seed stock. He sometimes passes out Blueberry cuts in the PNW also. I have heard rumors of him dropping different F generations in cuts...but could just be that rumors. There is a local guy repp'n his gear in the PNW...claims to know him personally.

I will say this also...I thought I saw a post where someone said all he smokes is hash...might have been another thread...but I saw DJ along with Swerve, Kyle Kuhsman...and maybe one other I can't recall. They did a presentation last year at the Seattle Cannabis Cup...as they were signing off. they took the last question being "What do you see us smoking in 5 years?" the older members said they hoped we would be smoking the flowers again...lol!

Keep it Green!

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

The True Blueberry was not crossed to Afghan, it's from the same seed stock Flo and Blueberry were found in, he just got to select from a larger population size. I think it was 400. The True and F-13 stuff is actually what he lost. They won't be able to recreate those again, so what's out there at vendors is all that there is.

He claims to still have the parents to the original Blueberry and Flo lines and still produces them.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah the True was a crossing used an Afghan to up the yield...I have posed the same question to someone repp'n his seeds....if it is as good...got no answer. I assume you would have to look thru quite a few to find anything truly blue leaning...

He is randomly passing out seeds in the PNW area....older seed stock. He sometimes passes out Blueberry cuts in the PNW also. I have heard rumors of him dropping different F generations in cuts...but could just be that rumors. There is a local guy repp'n his gear in the PNW...claims to know him personally.

I will say this also...I thought I saw a post where someone said all he smokes is hash...might have been another thread...but I saw DJ along with Swerve, Kyle Kuhsman...and maybe one other I can't recall. They did a presentation last year at the Seattle Cannabis Cup...as they were signing off. they took the last question being "What do you see us smoking in 5 years?" the older members said they hoped we would be smoking the flowers again...lol!

Keep it Green!
I met him too, dj short, honestly I was so bummed. He had samples of his herb that he grew/kind of smokes and it was god awful. Really terrible stuff.

grayarea

grayarea

I met him too, dj short, honestly I was so bummed. He had samples of his herb that he grew/kind of smokes and it was god awful. Really terrible stuff.

i had a hard time starting his seeds . not many people still around from that era in time. going thru changes like he went thru can change a guy . fun to have better weed then your friends but its pointless to make a game out of it and not factor in other sectors of a persons life .

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

i had a hard time starting his seeds . not many people still around from that era in time. going thru changes like he went thru can change a guy . fun to have better weed then your friends but its pointless to make a game out of it and not factor in other sectors of a persons life .
I feel you but there was more than just simple disappointment from his herb. I asked him if he had the blueberry I fondly remember with the taste and smell of real blueberries and instead of honesty he said that it was still present in his seeds and depended upon the grower and the season which is like somebody giving me goo and saying if I tried hard enough I'd get og Kush from it.

grayarea

grayarea

nuh not the same thing . blueberry strains are hard . if it was as simple to grow as og you would be seeing people posting warehouse grows of it .its pretty much in the same boat as purple ,only good when its good .

G

GP73LPC

Great thread TK...

Here is my contribution. A pic of DJ's blueberry sativa...

Can anyone comment on this pic... I've seen it for years, but know little about it...

blueberry-regular.jpg

Top Bottom