Exactly who is DJ Short?

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I think many of us can agree DJ Short is quite iconic in the MMJ world. But who the heck is this guy? Where does he live and what makes him tick? I did a google on him and the only thing that shows up is his strains but no real good information on him personally. Has he ever been interviewed? Is he still alive? Does he frequent the Cannbis Cups or hang in Amsterdam? I think he would be an interesting guy to shoot the shit with and/or here him speak. Inquiring minds want to know!

johnursery

johnursery

last i knew he was teaching a course at the cannabis university in oakland or somthing like that...whatever that college is called

P

paulycali

He's around and i believe in cali somewhere. He guy rocks and has done his fair share of work in the medical marijuana community. Im sure he attends the cups and what not. Shooting the shit with him would be great. Someone gotta know where he's at if you want a interview or something. maybe someone will chime in soon with some better info. Good luck :)

johnursery

johnursery

i dont see him at Oaksterdam University anymore as a guest speaker for classes, but they have kyle kushman, and ed rosenthal...but i believe he was teaching some classes there a little while ago

K

kolah

I'd love to see him do a lengthy interview on how he got started, growing MJ and breeding and the such. It would be a treat to get him posting here at the forum.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
His kid is putting out gear now

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
His name is JD i think. He made a cross called Whitaker Blues which is DJ's Blueberry father to a cut called "Quimby" from the NW. Not sure what Quimby's makeup is

urbanite420

urbanite420

His name is JD i think. He made a cross called Whitaker Blues which is DJ's Blueberry father to a cut called "Quimby" from the NW. Not sure what Quimby's makeup is

JD is DJ's son. Quimby is an old Oregon heritage strain. They also made Azure haze which is the same makeup as the Blue dream haze but the mom is an F4 blueberry instead of f5, if I remember correctly.

DJ Short teaches classes in Pasadena every once in a while. Look up the MCCD class schedule.
:pimp:

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

He did a segment recently on a hightimes podcast. His comments were interesting in spite of the bad interviewer. Search the itunes directory for "free weed". Honestly the show is pretty lame, but they've had a few really good guests.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Not sure I already deleted it from the playlist. You should be able to see his name in the iTunes description though, and they only had like 5-6 episodes so far I think. Got bored with that whole podcast pretty quickly, but it was cool to hear dj talk a little. They also had Dr Lester Grinspoon on one of the first episodes.

smokey79

smokey79

dj short used post on a formun-just me think- an frm us, was a grower/breedr for many years postd on forums tk knows him, an is now collaberating with a lage dutch seed producer producing blu cheese/skunks etc...am sure used post here. anyway hope answers tQ well repected guy-like a say me thinks-am putin nos to gether n puttin in blanks myself the info re kid is new but makes sense tk 25years+in the biz

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I know a little but won't say to much but I do know folks that are close still...high grade hash and red wine fills their days...I know one of them hasn't smoked actual weed in 20+ years now, only hash and good wine, told me they thought the buzz profile of actual weed/buds was crap and not even to their liking anymore..they sent me pics and I about fell out....there is three of them that hang out and you'll know all by name, all been in the game from jump street

Here is a little hash o rama from the gods

At one point I had an invite to go hang out and do a season with them but just couldn't make it all work out

Tex

4323cakes
4323hmmmm
4323labeling2sm
4323luichunk
4323melty goodness med
4323renee
4323soulshine73bottletoke
smokey79

smokey79

hi tex, so i put my bits together no so bad??;)fan your posts n lookforward to reading more, learning everyday n all the science dont touch expiranance. so is there a qualily hash revival on the way???

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have one pic with them all sittin around a large 3x3 silk screen frame with a cool ass cone hooked to the bottom and then attached to a big ass shop vac..then they take the dry sieve kief and roll with wine bottles filled with boiling water, roll it out like a cake dough, press it and then stamp them

Tex

Top Bottom