Exotic Genetix Kimbo Kush pheno hunt

• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alligator

alligator

Kimbo is top shelf, pure fire. View attachment 455682
Hot damn, bag appeal to the max! I mean... Damn dude. Damn...
@ShroomKing are there any genetic markers or traits that pheno has that makes it easy to identify from the others?
Any pics of her in veg, early flower, whole plant shots, etc?
That's the pheno to aim for imo.
Absolutely stunning.
(No offense to anyone else's kimbos- all of the kimbos in here look great & sound great! but that shroomking pheno... Geez Louise!)

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Hot damn, bag appeal to the max! I mean... Damn dude. Damn...
@ShroomKing are there any genetic markers or traits that pheno has that makes it easy to identify from the others?
Any pics of her in veg, early flower, whole plant shots, etc?
That's the pheno to aim for imo.
Absolutely stunning.
(No offense to anyone else's kimbos- all of the kimbos in here look great & sound great! but that shroomking pheno... Geez Louise!)

Yea his pheno looks and sounds like pure fire!! Can't wait for an opportunity to smoke a joint of his Kimbo.

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

This Tahoe Alien dominate Kimbo Kush is pure flame.

RG420

RG420

Beautiful plants! Got a very nice Kimbo Kush male that I am pollenating a DNA Genetic's
Sour Kush with (Aka Headband). Very excited about that cross. Im thinking I am going to get some super stinky, frosty funk!

Dude thAt sounds fire! Got any pics of the sour Kush your gunna pollinate? And the male?
I wanna do some breeding this year and was wondering what to look for in a male, also got a pack of kimbo on chill so looking forward to popping them!

Matt8800

Matt8800

She isn't pretty lol. Rats got in our warehouse and destroyed about 30 plants. This one was chopped in half but still fine for breeding.
Dj short wrote a great book on breeding and explains how to select males.
kimbo kush has awesome potential for breeding with but the strain is still unstable. A couple had some deformities and showed flowering in veg. Out of a pack, I picked the best female with the best frost, smell, vigor, bud size etc and bred with the best male. I threw out the males that showed sex too early or pollen clusters too small or not enough vigor. I'll do a pheno hunt properly with a couple hundred seeds and pollenate one branch from each plant. Then I'll get both the male and female from the best one or two Plants. That way, you have a better idea of the contributing male also.
I just teamed up with a new seed company and a couple of strains I am playing with for them is kimbo kush crossed with a great super silver haze to add some sativa kick with the kimbo frost, smell and Potency. I'm also chose the sour kush as a breeding candidate because it is super potent and one of the stinkiest strains I've encountered out of hundreds we've grown. It's also super vigorous and easy to grow. I'm excited about both projects.

bigworm6969

bigworm6969

fucking rats ate ur plants that suck damn never thought of rats eating my shit, heres a male superstious plant that was male and got sum pistils, I think I read its a backward hermi and good to use cause u get more females so I didn't use the pollen what do u think have u seen anything like this before, I got 6 kimbos going also, thanks

IMG 1350
IMG 1351
IMG 1352
Matt8800

Matt8800

Wow, never seen that but I remember reading in dj shorts book confirming what you said about getting more females. Personally, I would put a plastic bag over the plant and pollinate one branch. Let it sit for 4 or 5 hours, spray the branch with water to disable stray pollen. Then remove the bag, spray everything down real well and let it dry before putting back into flower. You should get a couple hundred seeds and you should be able to find an awesome keeper out of that bunch :)

bigworm6969

bigworm6969

yeah buddy she he was frosty if it didnt pop them pistill i would have been siked u know, still on the look for that super frosty male, hey growaholic that kimbo looks kill i see u like the raws also i been getting everybody that smoke blunts hooked on the raws u can actually taste the weed haha, ttyl

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Last run with this Tahoe OG leaning phenotype of Kimbo Kush. The smells and flavor of her are extremely unique, and one of a kind to say the least. The buzz is just a bit to up beat, and racey for my preference. After 4 rounds with her she'll be leaving the garden but her fragrance will never be forgotten :)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I know what you mean by racey. I'm assuming that your keeper pheno has a more relaxed effect?

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Wanted to take some time out and applaud @ExoticGenetix for their 420 double cup winning weekend. I'm sure most of you are aware but for those that missed the news @ExoticGenetix placed in two different cups over the 420 weekend. Exotic's famous Cookies N Cream took 1st place at the Denver Hightimes 420 Cannabis Cup in the dry-sift category. In the same dry-sift category Exotic's Kimbo Kush took home 3rd place. Pretty astonishing if you ask me. Then to top things off the Seattle Dope Cup was occurring the same 420 weekend and the ever popular Kimbo Kush took 1st place also in the dry-sift category. Talk about putting a cherry on top of the cake. Huge credit also goes out to @cubanhashqueen and @cubangrower for entering and winning with their top notch quality dry-sift. Great job guys and gals. Congratulations to all of you. Your team's continual passion for this plant is clear. I have to say I can't get enough of the Blackberry Maple Syrup Kimbo Kush. This Cup winner will never be leaving the garden.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Damn, she's a dime!!! Sounds excellent:D Kimbo is an Ex Gen strain that I slept on and I wish I didn't. Great find man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom