Experience Growing AFGHAN KUSH Anyone?

• Thread starter Shodgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shodgrow

Shodgrow

Whats up people i am getting ready to start my first grow. I've decided to go for afghan kush - is this a wise choice? thanks
Experience growing afghan kush anyone

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
sure it’s worth it..
in about a year i hope to just grow an indigenous landrance afghania strain for a few grows indoors and outdoors as it highly resistant to molds/mildew etc, and a short finisher. this strain is made for making the afghan hashish, which i’ll make and hash oil from it.
yours probably has been breed/crossed, i’m going to look it up..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
sure it’s worth it..
in about a year i hope to just grow an indigenous landrance afghania strain for a few grows indoors and outdoors as it highly resistant to molds/mildew etc, and a short finisher. this strain is made for making the afghan hashish, which i’ll make and hash oil from it.
who breed it/buy it from?

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

who breed it/buy it from?
t
sure it’s worth it..
thanks brother, the mold resistance was a big concern for me as i have no experience growing whatsoever, so i'm likely to make mistakes. that sounds awesome to be able to produce quality hash from a pedigree strain.

The breeder is world of seeds...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
t

thanks brother, the mold resistance was a big concern for me as i have no experience growing whatsoever, so i'm likely to make mistakes. that sounds awesome to be able to produce quality hash from a pedigree strain.

The breeder is world of seeds...
yep i know them, i grew a wild thailand outdoor this year from them, though that strain is not very resistant to mildew so i had to keep treating her to finish than i washed the buds, dried in sunroom than trimmed up and out into pails, meaning she went through hell and looked dead near the end but i ended up with near 3 ounces of thai hash- different grades and roughly 35 grams of thai hash oil..
here’s some pics
made a piece of grade A for the girlfriend
0C022971 0573 4769 ADC2 FC7B1718FF06
5725528E B266 4346 807A 11CF933FAC0A

than some different
B-C grades and the oil
7DFA1F78 A323 4921 A31E 97DE478C933E
835679CF CBEF 46F0 B57E 3B229DA941C8
3EF3FFA9 1C2C 4E93 BA50 14FB4A6B7CA9

i’ve only been smoking this stuff since a week or two before christmas and i love it still!
so this is what can be done from something that must growers would throw away!

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

yep i know them, i grew a wild thailand outdoor this year from them, though that strain is not very resistant to mildew so i had to keep treating her to finish than i washed the buds, dried in sunroom than trimmed up and out into pails, meaning she went through hell and looked dead near the end but i ended up with near 3 ounces of thai hash- different grades and roughly 35 grams of thai hash oil..
here’s some pics
made a piece of grade A for the girlfriend View attachment 1204399View attachment 1204398
than some different
B-C grades and the oilView attachment 1204402View attachment 1204403View attachment 1204404
i’ve only been smoking this stuff since a week or two before christmas and i love it still!
so this is what can be done from something that must growers would throw away!
this is awesome! so you get to keep the bud and make the hash from the trim?
i don't want to waste a single bit of my ladies once they finish so this sounds like a great way of using everything. is all that from your one thai plant?!

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

this is awesome! so you get to keep the bud and make the hash from the trim?
i don't want to waste a single bit of my ladies once they finish so this sounds like a great way of using everything. is all that from your one thai plant?!
also do you think world of seeds was a good choice...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
also do you think world of seeds was a good choice...
i don’t smoke weed or haven’t really in 25-30 yrs, just smoke hash and oil.. yep there was a couple other small pieces of hash missing from pics and 5 grams of oil was already given away. that hash was made from dry sifting.
don’t think i missed much as i make the oil with everything i used for dry sifting, though i like more hash oil than weed oil, so maybe a few tric’s were left behind..
world of seeds is good they are more or less another seed bank, in the U.K. i think?

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

i don’t smoke weed or haven’t really in 25-30 yrs, just smoke hash and oil.. yep there was a couple other small pieces of hash missing from pics and 5 grams of oil was already given away. that hash was made from dry sifting.
don’t think i missed much as i make the oil with everything i used for dry sifting, though i like more hash oil than weed oil, so maybe a few tric’s were left behind..
world of seeds is good they are more or less another seed bank, in the U.K. i think?
oh fair enough that sounds like a great result from the plant im eager to find out how the afghans will turn out especially considering i'm a newbie.. my only worry is having the whole harvest ruined by mould or PM. is there anything i should make sure i do in order to keep the risk low?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
oh fair enough that sounds like a great result from the plant im eager to find out how the afghans will turn out especially considering i'm a newbie.. my only worry is having the whole harvest ruined by mould or PM. is there anything i should make sure i do in order to keep the risk low?
so these are outdoors? where abouts are you?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no these are going to be indoors with my temps around 75F im in LA and at the minute my humidity seems to stay around 40%
you shouldn’t get mold indoors unless you bring it in somehow, like visiting friends grows with it etc..
normally mildew will take hold with large humidity swings like say during the day its 45-50 than at night it’s 75.. that’s what it really likes..

Reactions: PK1
Shodgrow

Shodgrow

you shouldn’t get mold indoors unless you bring it in somehow, like visiting friends grows with it etc..
normally mildew will take hold with large humidity swings like say during the day its 45-50 than at night it’s 75.. that’s what it really likes..
oh that's brilliant then now i'm begging to wonder if i'm going to have to get up in the night to check the humidity once to make sure my humidity doesn't swing too much for a mildew risk - also is mildew what causes bud rot?

freezeland2

freezeland2

oh that's brilliant then now i'm begging to wonder if i'm going to have to get up in the night to check the humidity once to make sure my humidity doesn't swing too much for a mildew risk - also is mildew what causes bud rot?
If you are using LED then the swing is pretty minimal, like a 5% or so increase. Running HID lights it can make a big jump at lights out. It’s because of the temp drop when the lights go out. HID’s create a lot of heat when on, LED not so much.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If you are using LED then the swing is pretty minimal, like a 5% or so increase. Running HID lights it can make a big jump at lights out. It’s because of the temp drop when the lights go out. HID’s create a lot of heat when on, LED not so much.
^^this^^

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

yes i'm using LED and my heater will be on all the time on a thermostat so hopefully RH should be fairly stable? once i chop them down and hang them to dry im going to have to be careful it doesn't shoot up suddenly or i'll put a dehumidifier in there i think

SSgrower

SSgrower

Nice choice of seeds, my question is what media, nutrients & lights you are running? Welcome to the Farm,SS

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

Nice choice of seeds, my question is what media, nutrients & lights you are running? Welcome to the Farm,SS
thanks man my medium is a mix:
2 parts john innes no.1
3 parts ericaceous compost- quite light and airy
3 parts sand for drainage

this was kind of a shot in the dark to be honest i wanted something with very good drainage and i wanted more acidic medium so i came up with this and hoping for the best realy...

nutrients are GH Flora Trio - i might just use the micro and bloom tho? also i have very hard water so i picked up some PH down and didn't bother with Cal - Mag

my light is a fairly cheap 1200W LED - hoping this will be good enough for now at least.

the grow space is aprox 4x4 and i'm growing two plants, SCRoG required?

Thanks for your help
ECC60417 A47E 4D71 8AA5 805CD4A9046E

thcoso

thcoso

I grew 3 kush strains over the summer. Strawberry Kush, Jamaican Kush and a Raspberry Kush. All 3 strains I picked up in negril Jamaica. Not sure if that’s good enough but can’t hurt.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes i'm using LED and my heater will be on all the time on a thermostat so hopefully RH should be fairly stable? once i chop them down and hang them to dry im going to have to be careful it doesn't shoot up suddenly or i'll put a dehumidifier in there i think
we can help out when you get to harvesting and what’s best for you to do..

Top Bottom