Experience Growing AFGHAN KUSH Anyone?

• Thread starter Shodgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

yes i'm using LED and my heater will be on all the time on a thermostat so hopefully RH should be fairly stable? once i chop them down and hang them to dry im going to have to be careful it doesn't shoot up suddenly or i'll put a dehumidifier in there i think
I think if you have the spare $$ atm invest in a small dehumidifier to start with it would help you keep the humidity at bay and try to prevent mildew becoming an issue. I've had mildew before its not something you want to be dealing with prevention is better than cure amigo.

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

we can help out when you get to harvesting and whatā€™s best for you to do..
thanks a lot i really appreciate this, it's the kinda stuff you can't look up easy but talking to guys with experience is definitely the way to go, i'll keep you posted when i sow the seeds once they arrive...

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

I think if you have the spare $$ atm invest in a small dehumidifier to start with it would help you keep the humidity at bay and try to prevent mildew becoming an issue. I've had mildew before its not something you want to be dealing with prevention is better than cure amigo.
that's what i will likely do once i start them flowering but at the minute im begging to wonder if a humidifier would be beneficial in veg as im only at 40%?
it would be devistating to get mildew problems especially as would have no idea how to cure it eitheršŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that's what i will likely do once i start them flowering but at the minute im begging to wonder if a humidifier would be beneficial in veg as im only at 40%?
it would be devistating to get mildew problems especially as would have no idea how to cure it eitheršŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
donā€™t worry about the mildew, just keep things neat and clean, youā€™ll be fine at 50-60% humidity, your over thinking it.,
just get good quality equipment as more than likely itā€™ll be running 24/7..

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

If your struggling to lift the humidity above 40% then you will be needing a humidifier .
something consider have you given any water to the pots you have in your grow room?

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

donā€™t worry about the mildew, just keep things neat and clean, youā€™ll be fine at 50-60% humidity, your over thinking it.,
just get good quality equipment as more than likely itā€™ll be running 24/7..
that sounds fair enough to be honest, i've given the room a spray and wipe with disinfectant today just to get a clean start, other than that i'll take your advice and just keep everything tight and not panic, i would like to get another fan at a later date to get some air movement higher up

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

If your struggling to lift the humidity above 40% then you will be needing a humidifier .
something consider have you given any water to the pots you have in your grow room?
i haven't yet watered the pots but perhaps i should do to keep the soil "alive"? do you think that will push the humidity up aswell as they evaporate

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

WarnAbrotherzGardenZ

i haven't yet watered the pots but perhaps i should do to keep the soil "alive"? do you think that will push the humidity up aswell as they evaporate
I would give your soil a sprinkle of water now and then to keep it moist until you plan on planting.
What soil are you using?
Yes correct when you add water your will get evaporation in turn your humidity should be higher šŸ˜‰ imagine throughout your cycle the soil should never be very dry so you will have added humidity to the room.

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

I would give your soil a sprinkle of water now and then to keep it moist until you plan on planting.
What soil are you using?
Yes correct when you add water your will get evaporation in turn your humidity should be higher šŸ˜‰ imagine throughout your cycle the soil should never be very dry so you will have added humidity to the room.
okay understood i'll keep the pots damp from now on and in turn i'll be able to see what the actual humidity will be then.. my soil is a mix of 2 parts john innes no. 1, 3 parts light acidic compost from tree bark, and 3 parts sand for drainage. was kinda a shot in the dark but i figured it would do?...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
okay understood i'll keep the pots damp from now on and in turn i'll be able to see what the actual humidity will be then.. my soil is a mix of 2 parts john innes no. 1, 3 parts light acidic compost from tree bark, and 3 parts sand for drainage. was kinda a shot in the dark but i figured it would do?...
mmm, iā€™m not to sure about using that as your medium?
where did you come up with that mix?

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

mmm, iā€™m not to sure about using that as your medium?
where did you come up with that mix?
i was wondering if it wasn't going to be great to be honest...
i came up with the mix after talking to people that said don't use just compost.
however the soil in my area is very clay and heavy so i thought that would be no good either. it was just guessing realy to come up with a compromise

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Rule number when growing
Do not bring anything outdoor to your indoor grow!

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

Just fill a largish bucket with water and just sit it in there, can help for sure..but then nothing gets humidity high like lots of plant matter.
okay sweet i'll try that if i need a dehumidifier i'll just have to get one i don't think i can avoid it to be honest? i suppose once there's buds on the plants the RH will go up even further?...

william76

william76

U can work with 40 percent humidity in veg no problem,any 1 actually grew afghan kush?,I have,very forgiving,ur over thinking things,keep it simple,they don't need much.76

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

U can work with 40 percent humidity in veg no problem,any 1 actually grew afghan kush?,I have,very forgiving,ur over thinking things,keep it simple,they don't need much.76
awesome mate thank you, it's good to hear it's a forgiving plant to grow, also the fact i can keep things simple with good results is good news as one day id like to work towards a full organic grow with quality over quantity every time.
i'm going to keep on top of training them and pruning as i have limited headroom, also a nice short bushy plant is what i want to go for anyway

william76

william76

They actually don't need any training(unless u want to top them)from seed I'd try and wait as close to 8 weeks old before flipping,but u can flip them before if need be.just don't let them get to big.its a medium stretcher and most are sturdy enough to not need much support.good yielded of stinky,fruity hashyness,20+ thc is common with this strain.good luck,76

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

They actually don't need any training(unless u want to top them)from seed I'd try and wait as close to 8 weeks old before flipping,but u can flip them before if need be.just don't let them get to big.its a medium stretcher and most are sturdy enough to not need much support.good yielded of stinky,fruity hashyness,20+ thc is common with this strain.good luck,76
oh realy that's alright then, i will top them yes and maybe lollipop before flower? stretching is something i was worried about but i'll wait for as long as i can safely without light burning my plants. i look forward to some nice sticky pedigree indicašŸ˜‹ knowing when to flush is also something i'm concerned about but that's way in the future i'll just take it step by step...
thank you man

Latest posts

Top Bottom