Experiences With Foxtails

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will this effect bud quality? (If you have any prior experience with it)

• Sadly, your buds will be fluffy and bland.

• They will be fine with a good trim, dank as ever.

• Pull them out now, it will only get worse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
To me, they look like they are about done. When I start to see that, it is typically when the plant is spent and is going too long. Surprisingly, corn will do the same thing if left too long in the field. I often find a small nub at the end of a huge cola when trying to let it get huge-er. Too much heat can also cause it, so look for hot spots if it's just in one area.

I apologize for my misunderstanding of the term "Foxtailing". I was referring to the way that the larger colas tend to get little nipples on the tip, like corn gets late in the season. The general looseness of the buds wasn't what I was describing, just the little nub I see when I go a little too long on some plants. Sorry for the confusion and possible misinformation.

3 balls

3 balls

fox tailing is based on 2 factors, genetics and environment/temps

The genetic based foxtails will be as potent as a regular bud, they just suck for bag appeal. But potency is still there. :D Heat related foxtailing is a potency killer.
That may be the case with the true fox tailing like in the Madmax pic. But I have seen repeat (same strains and conditions) do this explosion type fox tailing like Crimson had when using HG shooting powder at anywhere near the recommended dosage. Anyone with thoughts on the HG line, other booster explosions?
P.S. I understand Crimson was running some kind of organic super soil and it's not due to a synthetic booster.,

Top Bottom