Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondracer

Pondracer

Yeah I use uvb four hours a day from week 5 of flower and don't mess with the tent at all while the uv is on.

I started with 2 hours per cycle at 21 days past flip and gradually increased every week. At day ~70 past flip I am at 8 hours per cycle. Like you I do not poke my head in there unless its turned off. I know in theory it doesn't hurt but it bothers my eyes and I just feel uncomfortable. Not sure if this was the factor that crushed my gnat problem but I feel pretty strongly that it was. They would be there in the morning but not in the evening, and as the time increased they went away almost entirely. Lots of dead soldiers in the evening back when I first started.

sshz

sshz

I've been meaning to post a revised GUMMIE recipe........I made this exact recipe and they turned out great, even better than ever before. The big difference is the addition of this item, off of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Sunflowe...7&sr=1-1-a14f3e51-9e3d-4cb5-bc68-d89d95c82244

Ingredients:

1/2 cup water
1/3 cup coconut oil infused with THC
1 large box Jello (not sugar free)
1 oz (2 tablespoons) gelatin (4 orange packets)
4 capsules of lecithin

This recipe is MUCH easier than the one I posted in the Orange Gasm thread. If you need info on how to infuse pot into the coconut oil, refer back to the Orange Gasm thread for the recipe.

Mix 1/2 cup of boiling water with the box of jello and the coconut oil in a pot (3 qt. pot or thereabouts). Low boil for approx. 2 minutes, then add the lecithin (cut open capsules and squeeze out the dark oil inside into the hot jello mix). Stir, stir and stir and keep stirring all thru the entire process. Low boil for another minute (3 minutes total so far) and then add the gelatin. I like to dissolve the gelatin first with just a little hot water to help it dissolve. Then add it to the low boil jello mix and keep stirring. The gelatin will be very sticky, just spoon it in. Between minutes 4 and 5, it should be about done. Pour it into silicon candy forms, let sit for 10 minutes, and then place in fridge for 1/2-1 hour. They'll be nicely hardened after that and you should place them in a container in the fridge for your enjoyment.

So you know, if you overcook it- you'll end up with 12 gummies, meaning you overcooked it. If you undercook it, you'll end up with 55 weak gummies. I look for a slightly thickened syrupy consistency. I average between 37-45 normally. Just keep them in the fridge, and they'll last forever. Strawberry and lime are my favorite flavors, my daughter likes black cherry, others like orange.

Pondracer

Pondracer

I've been meaning to post a revised GUMMIE recipe........

So you know, if you overcook it- you'll end up with 12 gummies, meaning you overcooked it. If you undercook it, you'll end up with 55 weak gummies.

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for. But my question is how can you know your potency without knowing THC% and grams used to make the coconut oil?

sshz

sshz

You don't.......LOL That's the big unknown. I find indica's make better gummies than sativa's but past that, it's all from experience by making it over and over. It all starts with the potency of the oil and as a baseline, I generally add around 2 1/2 oz of whatever I have laying around to 12-14 oz of coconut oil. I wouldn't use your best bud, but shake, trim, and fluff would work just fine. Also, the longer you cook it,, the stronger it should be.

The batch I made last with the orange gasm I found to be too weak, so I gave those gummies away and took the remaining oil I had, about a pint, and melted it down in a double boiler again and added another oz or so and let it warm for around 3 1/2 hours. After straining, I made another batch of gummies and they are now nicely potent.

I have made gummies with hash, trim, bud, etc and don't really find much difference between them all......... but it's hard to know the exact THC content of the oil without knowing the THC content of the bud. You can always take more gummies or less, to adjust the dosage too.

sshz

sshz

As long as it's dry, I don't think a cure is necessary as long as you decarb............ most flavors don't come thru to the gummies anyway, so I'm not sure what value a long, full cure adds to the gummies.

Pondracer

Pondracer

As long as it's dry, I don't think a cure is necessary as long as you decarb............ most flavors don't come thru to the gummies anyway, so I'm not sure what value a long, full cure adds to the gummies.

I was thinking mainly about flavor. Maybe less of a green taste? But if it doesn't come through then maybe not a big deal. I just ordered the Magical Butter Machine. I'm on 6 days of drying now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was thinking mainly about flavor. Maybe less of a green taste? But if it doesn't come through then maybe not a big deal. I just ordered the Magical Butter Machine. I'm on 6 days of drying now.

We cure the close trim and small and loose buds in jars along with with the best buds. We use 3-6 month or older cured product to make coconut oil for edibles. Gummies now too Mrs. MMG tried them. I still prefer her cupcake sized muffins. Get you higher when they have nuts. More good fat for the thc to bind to. And taste wonderful in the baked goods. Smooth and complimentary to the cake, nuts and or fruit.

Anyway the other thing we have learned is to mix many strains. Like at least 4 per batch of oil. Seems the more diverse and full canabanoid profile gives the most full and deep effects.

Ours has been sativa leaning hybrids for the most part. With some indica leaners mixed in of course with seeds.

Hope this helps.

Oh also we dont decarb for that. The boiling during the transfer and the baking in the oven seem to more than activate them. Most think they are too strong.

Yet no one ever listens to advice and only eats half. Lol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
We use a Levo II with grapeseed oil and use that to make muffins or cakes baked at 290 and with lecithin added. So far we are very pleased. Just use trim and larf that got put in the freezer.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thought that came to mind. Day and night temps have a lot to with node spacing. Much like spectrum. Increase the differential and the node spacing get longer. Decrease it and it get shorter.

So I guess my question is are your day/night temos staying close together?
This differential aspect is interesting! I think it may have had some effect on my grow ...but it's hard to separate from vpd re: growth behavior.

sshz

sshz

So, as of now, I will not be starting up another grow. After numerous conversations, I really only want to do a comparison grow with a similar light to the Gavita. Over 600 watts and some deep red diodes were 2 of my requirements, which they don't have as of now. Looks like I'll set up the master controller and adapters next week instead, as I'll have some time to play with it all.

I'm going to do a PureCrop1 wash tomorrow sometime. I've talked about it in the Orange Gasm thread........ the plants always to react favorably to a spraying and I'd like to hit them again the first week of flowering. I think my bottle is running low too, which I'll have to check. I also plan to calibrate my BlueLab Trimeter over the weekend (measures temp, ph and ppm). I love mine, it's an important piece of equipment for me. I've also added a few of those yellow sticky Gnat traps to some perimeter pots, just as an early warning system. They are more of a nuisance than anything, they always land on my laptop screen. LOL And either way, it's time to add those Misquito Bits with BT that kills the gnat larva.

Room humidity has been in the 55-57% range....... acceptable for now. As the plants gets bigger and transpire more, I'm sure I'll need the dehumidifier running again and I'll definitely need the heat from it to get the temps right. I just bought an extended warranty on the bugger for $18/ year too.

Lastly, I'm already thinking about the next strain after the Irie BeBop strain. It will definitely be a 50/50 hybrid I think, since the last two were to the extreme- 85% sativa and 95% indica. So, something in the middle that yields really well. And it sure looks like HEIGHT will never be a problem in my grow room again!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Lastly, I'm already thinking about the next strain after the Irie BeBop strain. It will definitely be a 50/50 hybrid I think, since the last two were to the extreme- 85% sativa and 95% indica. So, something in the middle that yields really well. And it sure looks like HEIGHT will never be a problem in my grow room again!
Lol I too am already toying with what I will grow two grows from now. It's a fun thing to toss around in the brain!

AAyeRon

AAyeRon

Just finished reading your orange Gasm thread. Will definitely be following along with this one. Lots of info and tips. I appreciate it

Harvard

Harvard

So, as of now, I will not be starting up another grow. After numerous conversations, I really only want to do a comparison grow with a similar light to the Gavita. Over 600 watts and some deep red diodes were 2 of my requirements, which they don't have as of now. Looks like I'll set up the master controller and adapters next week instead, as I'll have some time to play with it all.

I'm going to do a PureCrop1 wash tomorrow sometime. I've talked about it in the Orange Gasm thread........ the plants always to react favorably to a spraying and I'd like to hit them again the first week of flowering. I think my bottle is running low too, which I'll have to check. I also plan to calibrate my BlueLab Trimeter over the weekend (measures temp, ph and ppm). I love mine, it's an important piece of equipment for me. I've also added a few of those yellow sticky Gnat traps to some perimeter pots, just as an early warning system. They are more of a nuisance than anything, they always land on my laptop screen. LOL And either way, it's time to add those Misquito Bits with BT that kills the gnat larva.

Room humidity has been in the 55-57% range....... acceptable for now. As the plants gets bigger and transpire more, I'm sure I'll need the dehumidifier running again and I'll definitely need the heat from it to get the temps right. I just bought an extended warranty on the bugger for $18/ year too.

I’ve always had fungus gnats for 25 years. I always used the sticky traps and even bad infestations like you have. I been using these for 2 months and I’ve seen two flies. I honestly think they are working, No big black spiders in basement since, no mice and it’s fall so I always would get 2-3 moving in for the winter. For 10$ I couldn’t not try them, mine are a different brand.
5F5BD138 23B5 4B61 BA1C 7D4EAD09FD44

sshz

sshz

OK, where to begin? I've heard others mention some awkwardness when deciding where to place everything........... some people have attached the adapters to the top of the light, I think I'm going to be able to mount them on the wall, out of the way. I want to take my time, think everything out before rushing into it.

IMG 0246

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom