Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

OK, lights have been raised to 47 inches above the plants right now. I'm not concerned about penetration, except in flowering actually. I just want some elongation of the main stem, everything will take care of itself as we move forward.

sshz

sshz

Another way to increase stretch is to have a wider day/ night temp differential.

The opposite effect being warmer nights than days keeps plants shorter.

That's a good point, and true. I will leave my exhaust and fans on thru the nights now, which will help cool things down some. The nights here are starting to fall into the 40's now, so things will continue to cool as we move on.

sshz

sshz

I have the master controller and adapters to dim the lights but they are not set up yet........ I’m still reading them everything and want to make sure I know what I’m doing before starting. So for now, the lights are raised.

Anthem

Anthem

I have the master controller and adapters to dim the lights but they are not set up yet........ I’m still reading them everything and want to make sure I know what I’m doing before starting. So for now, the lights are raised.
Sshz can you post a picture of both of your e series adaptors?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Another way to increase stretch is to have a wider day/ night temp differential.

The opposite effect being warmer nights than days keeps plants shorter.

The cause and effect of diurnal shifts on plants is fascinating.

“The range in temperature drives a balanced flavor development,” says Evan Goldstein, Master Sommelier and president of wine education platform Full Circle Wine Solutions. “By balancing out the heat spikes that jack up sugar levels and drive down acid, with cooler nights where the sugar development is slowed and acid is preserved, the physiological development of the grape is more moderate and balanced, and leads to livelier flavors.”

“Grapes can’t put on SPF like us,” says Goldstein. “But ones exposed to more intense ultraviolet rays, which increase 10–12% for every 1,000 meters gained in elevation, will protect themselves by developing thicker skins, producing more intense, lively wines.”

I'd love to see cannabis analyzed to this level. At least some of this has to translate to weed.

sshz

sshz

Not sure how this translates to stretch in flowering, as opposed to thicker branches and more leaves?

sshz

sshz

Here's the Gavita Master Controller and adapters necessary for each LED. You can find the Controller for around $500 and each adapter is around $130-$140. You can run the lights without these, by just plugging it in to the wall but then they run at 100% strength all the time. The controller allows dimming, among other options. The controller can also runs fans, monitor temperature, etc., etc.

I've had a few people/company's contact me to see if I would be interested in running their light(s) as a comparison to the Gavita's.......one company looks promising, and most of you would recognize the name if I mentioned it. I'm thinking they want to break into the home growing LED market and this would help there exposure. For free LED's, I said yes. I'll set up another room, maybe grow the Irie's Bebop strain but the wife in none-too-pleased when I told her. LOL They must be in China I'm guessing, because all communications have been between 1AM-4AM in the morning. I'll keep you posted, as I've asked for the LED spec's and more info about them before agreeing to anything.

IMG 1262

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The cause and effect of diurnal shifts on plants is fascinating.

“The range in temperature drives a balanced flavor development,” says Evan Goldstein, Master Sommelier and president of wine education platform Full Circle Wine Solutions. “By balancing out the heat spikes that jack up sugar levels and drive down acid, with cooler nights where the sugar development is slowed and acid is preserved, the physiological development of the grape is more moderate and balanced, and leads to livelier flavors.”

“Grapes can’t put on SPF like us,” says Goldstein. “But ones exposed to more intense ultraviolet rays, which increase 10–12% for every 1,000 meters gained in elevation, will protect themselves by developing thicker skins, producing more intense, lively wines.”

I'd love to see cannabis analyzed to this level. At least some of this has to translate to weed.

Already know that more trichomes with more canabanoids result from more uvb at higher elevations. Thats the plants “skin”.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here's the Gavita Master Controller and adapters necessary for each LED. You can find the Controller for around $500 and each adapter is around $130-$140. You can run the lights without these, by just plugging it in to the wall but then they run at 100% strength all the time. The controller allows dimming, among other options. The controller can also runs fans, monitor temperature, etc., etc.

I've had a few people/company's contact me to see if I would be interested in running their light(s) as a comparison to the Gavita's.......one company looks promising, and most of you would recognize the name if I mentioned it. I'm thinking they want to break into the home growing LED market and this would help there exposure. For free LED's, I said yes. I'll set up another room, maybe grow the Irie's Bebop strain but the wife in none-too-pleased when I told her. LOL They must be in China I'm guessing, because all communications have been between 1AM-4AM in the morning. I'll keep you posted, as I've asked for the LED spec's and more info about them before agreeing to anything.

View attachment 1043814

I keep getting contacted to run chinese lights and document too. But they always want to give less lamp than i need and i dont want to negotiate with them. And i dont respect the way they do business or the general corners they always cut for price and dont give accurate info on the sites.

I have now turned down popular known companies and other shenzen companies that sell crap on amazon.

Used to be. You buy 400 watt grow light for your 3x3 and knew exactly what to expect. Now its all convoluted bullshit stats. And putting good and cheap diodes together on the same board is a ticket to early failure. And the manufacturers know his but sell anyway.

Fuck “legal” weed and all the scum just making a profit off uneducated growers.

Sorry rant over.

sshz

sshz

I don’t want to give out the name just yet but it may be one of the largest lighting companies the world, if not the largest. I have a number Of their LED spot fixtures in my house already, so I recognized the name. I’m waiting for the spec’s, if it’s not high powered (over 600 watts) I probably wouldn’t be interested anyway. It’s not like I have to do anything, but for a quality light or two, I’m in. If it’s crappy amazon light, I’m not.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t want to give out the name just yet but it may be one of the largest lighting companies the world, if not the largest. I have a number Of their LED spot fixtures in my house already, so I recognized the name. I’m waiting for the spec’s, if it’s not high powered (over 600 watts) I probably wouldn’t be interested anyway. It’s not like I have to do anything, but for a quality light or two, I’m in. If it’s crappy amazon light, I’m not.......

You got my attention.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Already know that more trichomes with more canabanoids result from more uvb at higher elevations. Thats the plants “skin”.

Exactly. So how much of that translates? Can we manage sugar levels the same way and replicate the temperatures that create higher brix in the buds? If so, how do buds of the same strain differ when grown with larger and smaller shifts?

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 1043814
Sshz,
Just make sure the e series adaptors look just like the ones on the box cover and you should be good to go. I have one like in the picture and a Gen 1 adaptor as well. What I was going to say is that Gavita changes the communication wires between these two adaptors. So I had to take the inner two wires and jump them to the outer 2 wires to get the second e series adaptor to work. All of this happened about the same time as the gen 2 controllers came out. So you should be good to go. If the lights do not light up at like 51 percent power I might be wrong.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Exactly. So how much of that translates? Can we manage sugar levels the same way and replicate the temperatures that create higher brix in the buds? If so, how do buds of the same strain differ when grown with larger and smaller shifts?

You better get started testing! ;-)

But seriously. Environment and nutrients definitely make a difference or the maui wowie from Hawaii wouldnt be so much better than when grown in Pittsburg.

So if you want to get real detailed. Got to include nutrients as well as temp, uv, light spectrum, etc.

Meanwhile im going to keep growing more potent weed than i can get around here with pro mix, a bottle of nutes and good ol’ HPS. :-)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You better get started testing! ;-)

But seriously. Environment and nutrients definitely make a difference or the maui wowie from Hawaii wouldnt be so much better than when grown in Pittsburg.

So if you want to get real detailed. Got to include nutrients as well as temp, uv, light spectrum, etc.

Meanwhile im going to keep growing more potent weed than i can get around here with pro mix, a bottle of nutes and good ol’ HPS. :-)
I think the difference is mostly spectrum tbh. Especially far red and uv. No proof, just hunches. But everyone I have talked to about my weed has been wondering what's weird about the high across three strains. Totally anecdotal I know. But I am running an extra 15w of far red and UV. I'm trying to use decent organic-derived bottles too, but I know my watering and nute usage was awful last grow and it's not the dry either because I messed that up a bit too.

So idk, but I think adding that to the spectrum makes a difference. I could totally delusional too of course. Guess if it's my subjective experience then why would I care.....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think the difference is mostly spectrum tbh. Especially far red and uv. No proof, just hunches. But everyone I have talked to about my weed has been wondering what's weird about the high across three strains. Totally anecdotal I know. But I am running an extra 15w of far red and UV. I'm trying to use decent organic-derived bottles too, but I know my watering and nute usage was awful last grow and it's not the dry either because I messed that up a bit too.

So idk, but I think adding that to the spectrum makes a difference. I could totally delusional too of course. Guess if it's my subjective experience then why would I care.....

Not a lot of talk about it but plenty of research ongoing. The nutrients and composition of the soil and the surrounding environment definitely influences not only canabanoid profiles but even plant size and structure.

Many growers try to replicate the native soil to grow plants. Think Jamaican bud from jamaica. Doesnt come out so good up here.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not a lot of talk about it but plenty of research ongoing. The nutrients and composition of the soil and the surrounding environment definitely influences not only canabanoid profiles but even plant size and structure.

Many growers try to replicate the native soil to grow plants. Think Jamaican bud from jamaica. Doesnt come out so good up here.
I know. It seems they are mostly unsuccessful. Obviously something is missing.

I've spent something like five percent of my life in Puerto Rico. Dorado. Fruit from my grandfather's yard tastes different and it ain't the soil because that's shit. Not like hawaii. I'm not saying it's definitely light, but I sure do know the sun is different there and it's not just intensity. I have a paper in my thread on a study of far red: red ratios in different zones. Equatorial zones are different than further out.

Again, just a guess. I'm going to find out for myself quite soon with more and more tropical plants.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Sshz,
Just make sure the e series adaptors look just like the ones on the box cover and you should be good to go. I have one like in the picture and a Gen 1 adaptor as well. What I was going to say is that Gavita changes the communication wires between these two adaptors. So I had to take the inner two wires and jump them to the outer 2 wires to get the second e series adaptor to work. All of this happened about the same time as the gen 2 controllers came out. So you should be good to go. If the lights do not light up at like 51 percent power I might be wrong.

If it doesn't work, I'll be contacting you. LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know. It seems they are mostly unsuccessful. Obviously something is missing.

I've spent something like five percent of my life in Puerto Rico. Dorado. Fruit from my grandfather's yard tastes different and it ain't the soil because that's shit. Not like hawaii. I'm not saying it's definitely light, but I sure do know the sun is different there and it's not just intensity. I have a paper in my thread on a study of far red: red ratios in different zones. Equatorial zones are different than further out.

Again, just a guess. I'm going to find out for myself quite soon with more and more tropical plants.

Im listening bud. No doubt the suns aspect as well as uv is affecting.

sshz

sshz

I wanted to comment on AquaMan's recommendation during the Orange Gasm grow regarding my adding 2 1/4 cups of dolomitic lime for each bale of 3.8 cu. ft. Pro-Mix/perlite mix for my potting soil. I've been doing that for years and years. And I found it necessary to add around 10ml per gallon of Cal/Mag to stop leaf tacoing (Mg deficiency) in most of my crops.

Well, this crop I did not add any lime to my mix, and I'm finding that 5ml is keeping the plants happy. I grew this strain before, and I made notes that said the strain is a Cal/Mag whore. So, on the Canna web site, I found this about the relationship of Calcium to Magnesium:

"This ratio is also important for the mineral balance within the plant. The Ca/Mg ratio in the leaves of some plants is about 2:1, which means that it is necessary to apply greater quantities of calcium than magnesium via the nutrient solution."

So, I'm figuring I was adding so much Calcium thru the lime addition, I was creating a Mg deficiency over time, leading to some leaves tacoing. Pro-mix does contain a short acting lime and a longer acting one, it probably didn't make sense to ever add additional lime in the first place.

So kudos to @Aquaman for the suggestion, it does appear to be working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom