Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Not Iris Seeds, for the Bebop, It’s Irie Seeds. Not sure what’s been going on, my fingers have a mind of their own lately. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Madmax

Madmax

I keep getting requests for the updated gummie recipe, here's the entire process for the last time.

12 oz unrefined coconut oil
2-3 oz of cleaned and crumbled (no stems or seeds) pot, decarbed (dried) in 170 degree oven for 20 minutes or so
1 large box jello, your choice of flavor (not sugar free)
1/2 cup water
2 oz gelatin (4 packets)
sunflower lecithin (1/8-1/4 teaspoon granules or oil from 3 capsules)
silicone candy molds

Double boil the coconut oil and pot for at least 3 hours. Make sure the oil covers the pot. I prefer to use a mix of strains to balance out the high, but it's not necessary. Indica's will lead to a heavy body buzz and sleep, sativa's will lead to a head buzz for an hour or two, then hit the body. Stir often. The resin will melt from the bud and be absorbed by the oil. The oil will turn green. Strain well when done, squeeze out every drop of oil from the mix. Part 1 is over, easy peasy.

Part 2- Mix 1/3 cup of the infused coconut oil, the box of jello, 1/2 cup of water and the the lecithin in a pot and boil for about 3+ minutes. Then you need to add the gelatin powder but I like to mix a little bit of hot water to it first to make sure it's disolved well. Then add to the boiling jello. Keep stiring throughout the entire process. About 5 minutes is good, don't over boil it, I turn mine down slightly to a low rolling boil.

The key to the whole recipe is cooking the entire mix to a certain point, not under or over cooking. The jello coloring tends to darken and turns a bit more thickened and syrupy. If you over cook it, the gummies will be more like hard candy (not good). If you under cook it, it will end up more like jello and less like gummies. Trial and error but after 2-3 attempts, you become an expert, I promise.

When you think it's done, pour into the molds. Let them sit 10-15 minutes, then place in fridge. They'll turn rubbery, like gummies and stay like that forever if kept in the fridge. Remove from molds, put on a container and enjoy.

What makes this recipe a bit differently is these gummies will hold up well in your pocket for hours and not melt. The balance of the oil can be kept in the fridge for your next batch, or put a teaspoon of hardened oil in a cup of tea, or whatever you come up with- there are countless options to injest it.

Lastly, obviously, the more pot you use, the stronger these will end up. Also, the stronger the pot, the stronger the gummie. I always add a warning, these can be very potent. I've had people freak out, pass out, and everything in between. It's a much stronger buzz than smoking......so go slow initially til you become more experienced. Start with a smaller dose, you can always take more. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour for full effects to hit. If you get too buzzed, eat some pretzels or something like that- it tends to calm things down. Expect the buzz to last at least 6 hours, sometimes 8-10. For a stronger buzz, eat one on an empty stomach. For a milder run, have a meal first.
Can you still make them using hash sshz.

sshz

sshz

Yes, but I wouldn’t know how much to suggest. But let’s try this.....

3 oz of pot= 84 grams

84 grams X 20% THC= 16.8 grams of hash

2 oz of pot would yield 12.8 grams of hash

Of course this is all theory because it’s impossible to remove all the resin off the buds. I remember when I’ve done it before, I actually took the resinated coconut oil, melted it down to add more hash to make them stronger.

I am guessing in 12 oz of coconut oil, 5 or 6 grams of good hash would probably be plenty strong. But again, it’s just a guess.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I’ll be starting the Iris Seeds “Bebop” thread on Friday or Saturday, as this thread starts to wind down......
I listened to the gfyh blip he did on bebop...sounds like an interesting genetics mashup. Idk anything about blueberry cookies tbh (idk cookies at all really), but blueberry with the arise sounds interesting. Very sweet and potent/productive. I'll be shocked if you cut before 77 days though.

sshz

sshz

Yup, I'll allocate 11 weeks this time and hope I can get to them by 10-10.5 weeks. I'm imagining by lessoning the defoliation a bit, it might allow things to finish faster. The Blueberry Cookies side of the strain is why I bought these:

GSC (Durban X OG Kush) x Blue Tahoe (Blueberry X Tahoe OG Kush)

They obviously have a lot of Kush in them, which I haven't done in a while and am excited about it. The Golden Goat in the Arise parent worries me though, as some phenos of the Gasm weren't done at 77 days when chopped. I love the weight that the G.G. provides, but past that- surely not my favorite for smoking.

sshz

sshz

I guess you are asking if they are fading in color????? Actually no, because I'm still feeding at a low rate but flushing ever 3rd feeding to not let the ferts build up. I'm feeding at a reduced rate though, at around 400 ppm with just a touch of Cal/Mag and the rest with 1-4-5 Pure Blend Pro. Oh, a bit of tea too every other watering. I will start a complete flush on Tues for 1 solid week- I find if I start a full flush too early, they don't react well. So I'll use plain water around 5 times the last 7 days, and maybe use some Clearex Rinsing Soution the last day or two.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I guess you are asking if they are fading in color????? Actually no, because I'm still feeding at a low rate but flushing ever 3rd feeding to not let the ferts build up. I'm feeding at a reduced rate though, at around 400 ppm with just a touch of Cal/Mag and the rest with 1-4-5 Pure Blend Pro. Oh, a bit of tea too every other watering. I will start a complete flush on Tues for 1 solid week- I find if I start a full flush too early, they don't react well. So I'll use plain water around 5 times the last 7 days, and maybe use some Clearex Rinsing Soution the last day or two.
Yeah i was wondering if the fans are fading. What you say makes sense. What's in the tea?

sshz

sshz

The tea is made up of:

1. Seabird Guano
2. Earthworm Castings
3. Fish Meal
4. Kelp
5. Humic Acid

And I tried to make a video with my wife's new iPhone 12 Pro Max......it looked great but I'm guessing the resolution was so high, the phone wouldn't let me download it. There is some yellowing going on, no doubt, with only 11 days to go but I still try to keep them fairly healthy and green.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The tea is made up of:

1. Seabird Guano
2. Earthworm Castings
3. Fish Meal
4. Kelp
5. Humic Acid

And I tried to make a video with my wife's new iPhone 12 Pro Max......it looked great but I'm guessing the resolution was so high, the phone wouldn't let me download it. There is some yellowing going on, no doubt, with only 11 days to go but I still try to keep them fairly healthy and green.
Sounds like great stuff.

sshz

sshz

Definitely will be going the full 70 days (so 10 more days), as some of the plants will need it and maybe more......... but everything is hardening up nicely and gives me reasons to be hopefull it will be a bountiful harvest.

IMG 2290
IMG 2291
IMG 2292

sshz

sshz

95% indica but yes, no Kush like flat tops in this bunch........... but I agree with you totally.

I took 2 hits of it yesterday off a glass pipe, the bud I accidentally cut a week ago and it was a nice and long lasting indica buzz, but not overly potent. Another couple of weeks from that chop point should have a dramatic impact in the end.

The last 7-10 days are always the hardest, waiting and waiting............

sshz

sshz

Day 62 in flowering, 8 more days to go whether they like it or not.............. I'm basically just starting to give them only water, keeping humidity around 35%, letting them dry out an extra 12 hours between waterings and I'll probably raise the LED's around 6-8 inches to mimic the suns reduced light in the fall and past that, it's just a waiting game.

IMG 2307

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Day 62 in flowering, 8 more days to go whether they like it or not.............. I'm basically just starting to give them only water, keeping humidity around 35%, letting them dry out an extra 12 hours between waterings and I'll probably raise the LED's around 6-8 inches to mimic the suns reduced light in the fall and past that, it's just a waiting game.

View attachment 1072700
Any chance we can see a lower angle? I'm wondering how far down you are seeing solid flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom