explosive growth in coco coir

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

First coco grow. I'm finding it very interesting. I didn't know plants grew this fast!

Here are two pictures. One from Jan 28, thr other from February 7.
how many waterings a day are they getting? alsoo temp and humidity?

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

First coco grow. I'm finding it very interesting. I didn't know plants grew this fast!

I should have posted a picture from today to really show the growth. Today is 2 1/2 weeks from the Jan 28 picture. In the past few days I've been defoliating the lower areas and leaves growing into the center under the canopy. I'm going to have to flip these to flower very soon to keep height down. And I've topped them a number of times already.

20220214 145127
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

how many waterings a day are they getting? alsoo temp and humidity?
I'm up to 4x a day at 30 seconds each. I think that's about 3/4 of a liter per plant per watering, buy I neglected to get good measurements when I could.

When I don't get runoff, I add another watering.

Temps are what I can get, and humidity even more so. I'm in Phoenix in an upstairs bedroom. If the A/C runs, relative humidity drops into the thirties, but Temps can stay down below 80f. But mostly I'm around 82F and 40 to 85 percent humidity. Spikes at night when lights are off for 6 hours and tent fan isn't running.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

More comparison pics. These were grown from seed and sprouted Jan 12 or so. I thought they were older until i looked at these pics! The pics are from Jan 19 and today, Feb 14.

20220214 151340
20220119 182810
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Where did you buy your ball valves and fittings from..

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Looking great @phxazcraig! I'd defoliate, make sure you're getting good air flow and flip them sooner than later.
Yeah, I belatedly realized that. I've topped (mostly) lollipopped them over the past couple of days and flipped them 2 nights ago. I'm already planning on removing the fan from inside the tent so I can raise the light farther. These plants really surprised me with their speed. I started germinating them Jan 7. I think they sprouted 5 weeks ago today. I was trying to coax them to fill the tent to the edges, but they are already to the top of the trellis. Already so close to the light that I have very uneven lighting at the edges. Raising the pots for self-draining cost me 3 inches too. I'm mulling over the idea of swapping out the tent for a taller one here mid-grow. I

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I was pretty "wow" myself even going from promix with 50% perlite...kinda nice tho when they settle into flower and pace slows a bit and you can relax and watch em make nugs 🔥

nice grow...I'm subbed up
I'm dreading the stretch coming up.

I've ordered a new inline fan and controller (and humidifier as well) with a vague plan to mount the fan outside the tent so I can raise the light another 8 inches maybe, I'll have to figure out the hangars though, as they are already as high as you can go with the ratchets I have.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I'm dreading the stretch coming up.

I've ordered a new inline fan and controller (and humidifier as well) with a vague plan to mount the fan outside the tent so I can raise the light another 8 inches maybe, I'll have to figure out the hangars though, as they are already as high as you can go with the ratchets I have.
I bought wire and made a loop through the x2 hooks off the light. Clamped it with a wire clamp and then hung the light without ratchets when it got too close , will get you bit more height . I can get a pic of your interested when my lights are on next

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Yeah, I belatedly realized that. I've topped (mostly) lollipopped them over the past couple of days and flipped them 2 nights ago. I'm already planning on removing the fan from inside the tent so I can raise the light farther. These plants really surprised me with their speed. I started germinating them Jan 7. I think they sprouted 5 weeks ago today. I was trying to coax them to fill the tent to the edges, but they are already to the top of the trellis. Already so close to the light that I have very uneven lighting at the edges. Raising the pots for self-draining cost me 3 inches too. I'm mulling over the idea of swapping out the tent for a taller one here mid-grow. I
Keep in mind, you can still train the 2nd screen during the stretch and keep things manageable. You should have plenty of space.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I bought wire and made a loop through the x2 hooks off the light. Clamped it with a wire clamp and then hung the light without ratchets when it got too close , will get you bit more height . I can get a pic of your interested when my lights are on next
My plan is to do something like that. Take the loops from the light wires, run them over the poles and hook them directly together with carabiners or some such. It will put the ballast about 2 inches from the top of the tent, but I'll have a fan blowing there, plus the exhaust ducting pulling air out. And I'm going to buy a taller tent for the next crop.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

My plan is to do something like that. Take the loops from the light wires, run them over the poles and hook them directly together with carabiners or some such. It will put the ballast about 2 inches from the top of the tent, but I'll have a fan blowing there, plus the exhaust ducting pulling air out. And I'm going to buy a taller tent for the next crop.
Today I switched out my original inline fan for an AC-Infinity T6. Removed the muffler and raised the light into the space where the muffler was. I can raise it another 2-3 inches when I get something like a carabiner. I was thinking of pointing the fan straight down, but I couldn't see a decent way of mounting it like that with hangars, so I put it horizontal and aimed the intake upward, still over the light. Programmed the controller per recommendations, and found out how annoying the alarm beep is.

Also replaced the humidifier (again - this is the third one) with one that has a setting to shut itself off over 50% RH. And I have the AC Infinity fan set to come on over 50%. That should keep my night RH from spiking to 90%.

Plants are starting to stretch, I think/hope. 3rd day at 12/12 and I saw my first female pistil. Tops of two plants are already an inch above the top trellis, and the other two are right at it. Sure wish I had a taller tent right now!

Top Bottom