Extracting Terpenes

• Thread starter cbdialog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbdialog

cbdialog

How do you extract terpenes like D-limonene? I am interested in what methods there are out there. Do the methods vary based on what terpene you are trying to extract?

Extracting terpenes
Calixylon

Calixylon

d-limonene is a natural solvent, they use it in alot of natural cleaners, like that orange clean stuff. Also in all citrusy fruits. I know myrcene is also found in hops, and mangos. Not sure how easy it is to pull out specific terpenes without using pretty intense scientific procedures, and expensive lab equipment. Easy to pull every terpenoid out of something, not so easy to isolate a single terpene though.

If you were trying to add terpenes to BHO e cig cartridges it may be hard to find specific terpenes that are extracted in a pure enough form to wanna smoke. Although that tetra pure gold cannabis gunk uses aditional terpenes for flavor in their oil. I gaurantee the terpenes they add do not come from cannabis, but from things like citrus, hops, pine needles, mangos, and whatever other flavanoid terpenoid combo they wanna sell to the kids these days

covertchem

covertchem

When you run shoot material with bho first freeze with dry ice when material is fresh and wet or if you do qwiso or rso do same use fresh frozen material ..... This will lock in terpenes as they degrade after harvest they are at peak in fresh nugs. Need to freeze to lock out chlorophyll and fats. This will get you terpy cocentrates

Reactions: 313
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Solid info @Calixylon. The d-limonene infused products seem to be the most popular. Looks like other common terpenoids like pinene, myrcene, linalool and the likes are very hard to find in raw, food grade form.

Latest posts

Top Bottom