Extraction Apparatus w/ Laboratory Glassware

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

I've certainly looked hard at the Rotovape and it would be easy to engineer one, using a simple rotary union, but most of our oil goes into sublingual medication, so we just cook off the solvent and decarboxylate in the same step, making vacuum un-necessary.

Our simple vacuum chamber does an stellar job in the small quantities of carboxylic acid cannabis products that we produce by thin film vacuum purging and it is easy to remove afterwards.

A Rotovape is on the wish list, but the used Perkins Elmer Gas Chromatograph that we just picked up was way higher on that list, because we are tired of shooting blind and relying on only anecdotal information. I under stand how a GC works, but there is zero chance that I could ever engineer one myself.

Next highest on our wish list, is the rest of the equipment that our biochemistry student requires for his tissue culture, synthetic seeds, DNA sequencing experiments, and fraction distillation separating the stream constitutes by refractive index.

I would grab a Rotovape at a price I couldn't refuse, but in retirement am on a fixed income and have to pick and choose toys. We hope that eventually Skunk Pharm Research lease program income will pick up that slack and start to support more and better toys, so I can start to spend my own monthly mad money allowance on other thangs.

Maybe take my tolerant and supportive wife mate on a wild weekend wearing golf balls as big as diamonds for instance.

I would give an arm and a leg to be "your student". Can't describe how badly I'd love to be able to legally bring cannabinoids and terpenes into the lab and run testing.

I've lately been reading up in these experiments where tobacco has been engineered with some avian DNA and over expressed (placed adjacent to a gene which is copied often), which turned terpene production up 1000%.

I want so badly to have the technology in my hands to do this (and the team of people to run a genome, etc., that it'd take). I essentially already have the know how--the instructions are right there. All I need is the genome, a plasmid, and the right tools.

I've got so many little experiments on my wishlist--and no way of doing any of them.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

are you saying they mixed bird DNA and tobacco DNA?.....:confused:

I dont know what avian means.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I would give an arm and a leg to be "your student". Can't describe how badly I'd love to be able to legally bring cannabinoids and terpenes into the lab and run testing.

I've lately been reading up in these experiments where tobacco has been engineered with some avian DNA and over expressed (placed adjacent to a gene which is copied often), which turned terpene production up 1000%.

I want so badly to have the technology in my hands to do this (and the team of people to run a genome, etc., that it'd take). I essentially already have the know how--the instructions are right there. All I need is the genome, a plasmid, and the right tools.

I've got so many little experiments on my wishlist--and no way of doing any of them.

Don't know where you live, but you're welcome to visit. Non residents that have qualifying medical conditions, can also get a non resident OMMP card.

Our biochemistry student Joe is our DNA project manager and you are also welcome to discuss corroborating on projects with him on our site. I am so ignorant, as to not even be dangerous on the subject.

squiggly

squiggly

are you saying they mixed bird DNA and tobacco DNA?.....:confused:

I dont know what avian means.

This is exactly what it means.

essentially the bird's body needs waaaay more of the chemical which is a precursor to the terpene synthesis pathway than a plant does and has proteins which can produce a shit ton of it. They gave the genes coding for these proteins to the tobacco and the result was a LOT more terpenes.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Before registering Skunk Pharm Research, LLC, we used that equipment set up in my garage for our initial research. Squiggly didn't mention it, but a soxhlet makes killer coffee!

We've made a number of cannabis esters using this equipment, concocted potions, and last Christmas made some popular cannabis soap and massage bars for stocking stuffers.

With the inclusion of a separatory funnel, I also use this equipment to clean up other extractions, and have extracted essential oils from hops, for a hops farmer looking for a way to preserve and market his surplus harvest.

The glassware is all basic and the foundation to any number of chemical procedures and experiments.
Damn... I don't say this very often when it comes to this site, but thats a first. Thanks for the posting pics you have kinda just made my day.:) I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for more of you're posts.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is exactly what it means.

essentially the bird's body needs waaaay more of the chemical which is a precursor to the terpene synthesis pathway than a plant does and has proteins which can produce a shit ton of it. They gave the genes coding for these proteins to the tobacco and the result was a LOT more terpenes.
the Marlboro's I smoke are GMOed? :confused:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I see now you said is was experimental

you wanna GMO weed? o_O
with a lizard maybe?

squiggly

squiggly

the Marlboro's I smoke are GMOed? :confused:

No--the intention of this modification was to produce terpenes (which are complex molecules requiring an advanced, and expensive, organic synthesis).

Essentially they've turned tobacco into a terpene factory because biology does the job better than chemists.

Top Bottom