Extracts

• Thread starter Two.Bears
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Here is a YouTube video of extraction i have found aboyr alcohol extraction.

He covers everything but winterizing (filtering inside the freezer to keep any clorophyll fats and lipids in ice crystals so they can't pass through the filter.

I have made RSO but never will again.

Quiso gives 40-100% higher yield than RSO. It yields about the same as BHO. I usually get 17-24.5% yield RSO yields 12-15%

QWISO can be used any way RSO can be used plus it can be used in edibles, made into tinctures, made into Ejuice for e cigarettes, dabbed. The sky is the limit.

There is one down side to QWISO. Keep your temps low when purging the alcohol or you will destroy your flavonoid and Terpene profile. If you gave too much heat it will still hit like BHO but the flavor will be way off.

This is the video that taught me to winterize my QWISO for a better product. He does about 6 10-15 second washes. I do 1 90 second Wash.

A few weeks ago i found behind my stash 1/8 Oz Sour Sage that had to be at least 3 years old. QWISO gave me a 12% return on buds that was nothing powder. I dabbed it. The effects was still there but the flavor was gone.

I still have shatter done with butane so right now i only do QWISO on buds too old to smoke.
Extracts

This is a picture of .6 gram QWISO I made yesteeday from 3.5 grams of Girl Scout Cookies too old to smoke. A 17.2% return

Right now i am very happy with QWISO but may exolore hexane as a Solvent. Where i live 91% isopropyl is tge higgest i can get locally. I get my 99% isopropyl online from Amazon.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

Nice post. been making some bho from frozen trim from time to time. I have a oven and all kinds of equipment your way seems much cheaper my give the qwiso a try next time.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Nice post. been making some bho from frozen trim from time to time. I have a oven and all kinds of equipment your way seems much cheaper my give the qwiso a try next time.
thanks.

As long as you do two things i think you will like it.

To get the best yield freeze the alcohol and the weed. You vwant those trichomes brittle so they break off in the liquid.

QWISO is easily ruined two ways

1. They dont winterize the liquid (filter the liquid inside the freezer). You want to keep the solids, fats, lipids, and clorophyll frozen. So the frozen materials cannot pass through the coffee filter.

2. Keep the temp low when purging or you will destroy the Terpenes and flavonoids.

I would recommend you watch the YouTube video that taught me to make QWISO.

QWISO jar method uploaded by Ethanol King 88.

He did 6 washed of ice cold 99%/isopropyl lasting 10-15 seconds each. I do a single wash lasting 90 seconds.

Other than that single discrepancy the methods are identical

Good luck to you.

Top Bottom