Extremely resistant spider mite help

• Thread starter F.Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zatoichi

I lost a years indoor work and thousands in genetics thanks to bens nursery on strainly. Ad said no pests or diseases. Was very hot day they arrived and had fans on. Way worse than outdoor mites since they came from warehouse grows that tried everything. Once a plant gets over a couple of fee tall, almost impossible to kill the since on bottoms of leaves and if not hit at least 5 times 3 days apart, will be back again. Trick is to quarantine for a couple of months, preferably at another location. No pest strips will kill basic ones in a day, but had 2 in 5 X 5 tent for 4 days, and they were running around like they were on meth. Be very careful using them since not meant to be used in inhabited buildings. Also tried UVC light which is very harmful to eyes, but again if you miss a few, they are right. Had to trash everything bug bomb rooms a few times and took 4 months off. Bought hot sauce based products and Venerate which does not kill adults but prevents larva from molting so they get crushed, but meant to be used with other products. A fogger can help reach bottoms of leaves, but too much huidity, especially in flower leads to mold. For basic spider mites I used this and worked. Must be cold pressed and 3 hours after mixing with water becomes less effective. 2 days and useless. https://www.icmag.com/threads/snype...r-mites-broad-mites-with-100-neem-oil.268114/

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

I lost a years indoor work and thousands in genetics thanks to bens nursery on strainly. Ad said no pests or diseases. Was very hot day they arrived and had fans on. Way worse than outdoor mites since they came from warehouse grows that tried everything. Once a plant gets over a couple of fee tall, almost impossible to kill the since on bottoms of leaves and if not hit at least 5 times 3 days apart, will be back again. Trick is to quarantine for a couple of months, preferably at another location. No pest strips will kill basic ones in a day, but had 2 in 5 X 5 tent for 4 days, and they were running around like they were on meth. Be very careful using them since not meant to be used in inhabited buildings. Also tried UVC light which is very harmful to eyes, but again if you miss a few, they are right. Had to trash everything bug bomb rooms a few times and took 4 months off. Bought hot sauce based products and Venerate which does not kill adults but prevents larva from molting so they get crushed, but meant to be used with other products. A fogger can help reach bottoms of leaves, but too much huidity, especially in flower leads to mold. For basic spider mites I used this and worked. Must be cold pressed and 3 hours after mixing with water becomes less effective. 2 days and useless. https://www.icmag.com/threads/snype...r-mites-broad-mites-with-100-neem-oil.268114/
Sorry to hear. I've heard plenty of bad things about Ben's. I thought discord would be different than strainly. It ain't.

I killed all the mites I had in clone and veg. And I'm not about to start spraying neem oil on buds. I guess what I'm really looking for is a systemic that I can add to the reservoirs. I know spinosad can be taken up into the plant through the roots, but I tried that. It didn't do shit. These things are straight up demonic. I might need a priest to perform an exorcism.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

I had a bad infestation of broad mites my past grow bc I bought a couple clones that were infested and didn't see them, they tore through my 20 plants in Flower about 2 weeks before harvest. I picked a bottle of Green Clean, 2 applications, gone no trace haven't seen them since its been six months, so for me Green Clean is very effective. Good luck hope you get rid of those nasty fuckers!
What is Green Clean? I've found products called Green Cleaner and Clean Green, but no Green Clean. Do you have a link to this stuff? And can I spray it on flowers without harming them?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t know. I don’t need to use it. I suppose you’ll just have to go buy the label. And maybe the reviews on it. But have seen other people use it on occasion. Can’t remember whether it was in veg or flour though.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

I don’t know. I don’t need to use it. I suppose you’ll just have to go buy the label. And maybe the reviews on it. But have seen other people use it on occasion. Can’t remember whether it was in veg or flour though.
I'm reading reviews now. It seems that it either works great for people, or doesn't work at all. No mention of anyone using it on buds tho.

B

Ben.Jamin

What is Green Clean? I've found products called Green Cleaner and Clean Green, but no Green Clean. Do you have a link to this stuff? And can I spray it on flowers without harming them?
That's it Green Cleaner, it's expensive but works trust me. Yes all over flower under leaves, on the soil everywhere, walls, floor. It's has alcohol in it so dries fast and kills on contact, smothers eggs. 2 applications 3 days apart the strongest dose on the bottle

B

Ben.Jamin

That's it Green Cleaner, it's expensive but works trust me. Yes all over flower under leaves, on the soil everywhere, walls, floor. It's has alcohol in it so dries fast and kills on contact, smothers eggs. 2 applications 3 days apart the strongest dose on the bottle
If you have broad mites or crazy mites that won't die strongest dose is needed

B

Ben.Jamin

If you have broad mites or crazy mites that won't die strongest dose is needed
Sorry for all the replies, forgot to mention you can use it up until day of harvest with weekly prevention application according to the company but I would be hesitant to do so unless you have mites, I spray it on veg just as prevention, not when in flower as I have not needed to other than the time I had the infestation while flower. My harvest was not effected at all by the spray

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Warning!!! Do not try this while sober!
A44ADC87 D8E0 4350 9289 6B12D607B6EB
501C82BC 2073 482A BC8D D5688374A7F5
A991B794 CE0B 4C59 8D3B 344A7279A2FA
ED17B88B CA9E 463E 8126 194438A6810B
3F172193 0FA3 4E21 A4AE 646D1BA4C31E
7F7522A0 DCE2 400A B29F C17B9B74D097
size it up, bottoms up! 15 minutes soak. Up and out! I think she liked it! Sorry to clog your thread! The can about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Sorry for all the replies, forgot to mention you can use it up until day of harvest with weekly prevention application according to the company but I would be hesitant to do so unless you have mites, I spray it on veg just as prevention, not when in flower as I have not needed to other than the time I had the infestation while flower. My harvest was not effected at all by the spray
No problem. I just bought two 8oz bottles. And I also bought a bottle of Lost Coast Plant Therapy, which looks to be similar. Just to compare the two.

It just seems crazy spraying alcohol on trichomes. It must be a very weak alcohol mixture to not destroy trichs 🤷🏼

I was thinking of hitting them with some Dr. Zymes Eliminator after lights out tonight. I dunno wtf Dr zymes is made out of, but it turns spider mites to liquid at full strength. I'm gonna dilute to "medium strength" though.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Warning!!! Do not try this while sober!View attachment 2036063View attachment 2036064View attachment 2036066View attachment 2036072View attachment 2036073View attachment 2036074 size it up, bottoms up! 15 minutes soak. Up and out! I think she liked it! Sorry to clog your thread! The can about 45 minutes.
Lol. For when you're done fucking around.

I would give it a shot, but I'm in no position to dunk these girls...

20230907 162859

I have plants further along also, but they're under hps, and I hate taking pictures under hps

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
OK! I hear you! That’s the first I’ve seen of the plants. Maybe somebody else with an infestation will give it a try. Good luck, man! Just wanted to get an alternative solution out there!

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

These are quickly becoming infested. They're supposed to have three and a half weeks to go. But I'm thinking of cutting them now and tossing them in a fire
20230907 172941

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you can get a few of them out, give it a try! It will take a little work, but you never know it might help you in the future. I’m not lucky enough to have an infestation, so I was looking for someone with one to give it a try! L O L! Don’t have much to lose! I know it’s easy for me to say. But I would yank them all out, give them a 20 minute dunk, clean up the tent, and throw them back in just for the sake of experimentation. Might take a half a day.

Last edited:
Z

Zatoichi

I'm reading reviews now. It seems that it either works great for people, or doesn't work at all. No mention of anyone using it on buds tho.
Just looked at ingredients and 39% soybean oil. Have heard someone say isopropyl and water 50/50 but test first. Should dissipate rapidly. Might want t take lower bud off and test then check with microscope.

B

Ben.Jamin

No problem. I just bought two 8oz bottles. And I also bought a bottle of Lost Coast Plant Therapy, which looks to be similar. Just to compare the two.

It just seems crazy spraying alcohol on trichomes. It must be a very weak alcohol mixture to not destroy trichs 🤷🏼

I was thinking of hitting them with some Dr. Zymes Eliminator after lights out tonight. I dunno wtf Dr zymes is made out of, but it turns spider mites to liquid at full strength. I'm gonna dilute to "medium strength" though.
Yeah, only in an emergency situation while in flower for any chemicals.. I didn't notice any degrading of trichs, use at your own risk though, but you should be fine. I wish I took before/after pics as it saved my harvest.

Top Bottom