Extremely saggy leaves just before night cycle

• Thread starter augdawg507
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Plants do that. They go to sleep.
You know my plants rarely do this. They are always perky and ready to go. It wasn't always like this but once I started to strictly follow vpd chart during lights off, not just lights on, plus adjusting DLI throughout the grow, my plants never sag, and this is throughout the entire grow.

augdawg507

augdawg507

You know my plants rarely do this. They are always perky and ready to go. It wasn't always like this but once I started to strictly follow vpd chart during lights off, not just lights on, plus adjusting DLI throughout the grow, my plants never sag, and this is throughout the entire grow.
Welp. That’s not reassuring

mikeross

mikeross

Welp. That’s not reassuring
Bud, your plants are fine. My plants for the majority of my growing experience would droop after about 10 hours of lights on and would stay droopy during lights off, but would perk up about an hour or two before lights on, as if they knew the light was coming.

What medium are you growing in? It looks dry, but either way I'd water to some runoff.

IMO its your light causing the trouble. Either lower the amount of hours the light is on or raise your light up. Is it an LED? I'd raise your temps if it is, if possible.

augdawg507

augdawg507

The light is fixed in place with my setup. So I raise the plants closer to the light. It’s set to 100% but I’d been running it at 75% most days. I lowered them back to their original height and I’ll put it back to 75% today

augdawg507

augdawg507

The light is fixed in place with my setup. So I raise the plants closer to the light. It’s set to 100% but I’d been running it at 75% most days. I lowered them back to their original height and I’ll put it back to 75% today
Bud, your plants are fine. My plants for the majority of my growing experience would droop after about 10 hours of lights on and would stay droopy during lights off, but would perk up about an hour or two before lights on, as if they knew the light was coming.

What medium are you growing in? It looks dry, but either way I'd water to some runoff.

IMO its your light causing the trouble. Either lower the amount of hours the light is on or raise your light up. Is it an LED? I'd raise your temps if it is, if possible.
I’m growing in peat moss. It’s similar to coco but retains moisture better. It was def in need of watering but I don’t think that caused the drooping. Thanks for the reassurance tho Hahahah, I needed it

Ponky

Ponky

They don't all do it. But the ones that do still yield. So I don't worry about it. The plants drooping before lights out isn't a problem.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They don't all do it. But the ones that do still yield. So I don't worry about it. The plants drooping before lights out isn't a problem.
Yep, plant knows the dark cycle is coming. Stomata begin closing. Transpiration is beginning to stop for the dark cycle and the leafs droop. Pot is still to dry, lol.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Listen to this guys trust me on this one. Im an outdoor grower by heart but I also do a lot of indoor. My plants outside will follow the sun all day as it passes from the SE in the morning to the SW at sunset. The leaves stay turned and angled towards the light as they reach for it throughout the day. By grey light in the morning they will actually lift up and angle to the rising SE run. They are anticipating the sun will be coming from that direction because it becomes locked into their natural daily cycle. They wont do this right away either when I move them from indoors to outdoors it takes them a while before the earth and suns cycle gets imbedded in their rhythm.

augdawg507

augdawg507

Listen to this guys trust me on this one. Im an outdoor grower by heart but I also do a lot of indoor. My plants outside will follow the sun all day as it passes from the SE in the morning to the SW at sunset. The leaves stay turned and angled towards the light as they reach for it throughout the day. By grey light in the morning they will actually lift up and angle to the rising SE run. They are anticipating the sun will be coming from that direction because it becomes locked into their natural daily cycle. They wont do this right away either when I move them from indoors to outdoors it takes them a while before the earth and suns cycle gets imbedded in their rhythm.
I’m tempted to just start some outside come spring time and let nature do it’s thing. It’s worked with every other crop I’ve ever grown. I think the more human duckery you put into it, the harder it is to grow

Madbud

Madbud

I’m tempted to just start some outside come spring time and let nature do it’s thing. It’s worked with every other crop I’ve ever grown. I think the more human duckery you put into it, the harder it is to grow
Lol, how many other crops have you smoked?

G

GraynGreen

Sorry these are it last night and this morning
Mine do that every day; they know when it's about bedtime.

Check 'em about 5-10 minutes before lights on, and they'll be holding up their leaves, looking for those first rays.
No worries, they're happy and healthy, and right in step with the program.
Resist the urge to medicate every little spot and wrinkle; these are weeds, after all.

Top Bottom