Ez cloner day 10 no roots

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Metrix

Metrix

Any acid depends on concentration AFTER dilution in the system. The concentration used does not matter but should be diluted before adding of over 5-10% to prevent burning the roots before it had a chance to fully dilute.

Citric acid is a very bad choice for hydroponics because of its chemical reaction with bicarbonate to produce co2. This makes it very poor for stability.

Any acid will lower PH some are more stable than others. It's not the type of acids that makes them damaging its the PH they created that burn you. Hydrochloric acid sounds dangerous and ppl think oh it's worse for plants and microbes but that's false... its all dependent in the concentration of any acid.

To add you don't know how much it drops the PH there is absolutely no way to calculate this without knowing the alkalinity of the water.... 1 drop of 5% Citric acid in a gal of RO will drop it drastically. In an alkaline water like very hard well water it won't do anything
Absolutely right, we are on the same page, i just didn't make so clear as you did,

I personally use phosphoric food grade 86%, but of course the EC value makes huge difference how much need to be adding, my water are RO and i never add drops in, first dilute and wait 10 min, after slowly adding.

What i want to say in my previous post, i absolutely do not recommend to use pure acids in hydro for beginners.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely right, we are on the same page, i just didn't make so clear as you did,

I personally use phosphoric food grade 86%, but of course the EC value makes huge difference how much need to be adding, my water are RO and i never add drops in, first dilute and wait 10 min, after slowly adding.

What i want to say in my previous post, i absolutely do not recommend to use pure acids in hydro for beginners.
I mean you won't find pure but I also use concentrated stuff... 85% phosphoric acid. Good idea to wear PPE I don't but I should.

Important when mixing....Never EVER add water to acid. ALWAYS add acid to water. Absolutely agree with ya on diluting like you do. Best to use a glass pipette or acid resistant plastic. If the acid is below 30% like most PH down is it will take quite a bit of exposure to burn you but none the less gloves and glasses should be worn.

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Appreciate any responses

Do these roots need to show the “teeth” before I remove them

CC5978EC 13F6 4588 8FDC E1FE2534CE4C

Latest posts

Top Bottom