EZ Cloner...Not so Easy...

• Thread starter OGPuck13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGPuck13

I bought a timer that will allow the EZ Cloner to be 1 min in, 4 mins off and I'm throwing a couple ice cubes in there from time to time. EZ Cloner, take 4! and action......!

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback.:hi

E

eyepinpools

I have a EZ60 and usually get 100% success with it. I do a res dump, scrub and refill after the first week, although not sure if this is necessary.

I take the cuttings with a sharp sterilized razor blade, and immediately dip them in the vitagrow rooting hormone for 30 seconds. I like this better then the gel because it doesn't spray right off.

I start with RO water (1 ppm), and add clonex liquid to it. Last run was 200ppm I believe, but they were large cuttings. PH the water to 6.3. Also I kept the temps at 72-73 with a chiller this run.

The water can be chilled by rotating out frozen water bottles into the res. It seemed like i was doing this all day without the chiller.

Completely sterilize everything between runs, and possibly replace the neoprene grommets.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

after 3 unsuccessful runs with my ez-cloner 60, i achieved 10 clones each time, i decided i did not like it. it is an expensive low laundry table now. my botanacare daisy cloner pumps out 8 at a time religiously, same water same everything except the botanacare uses a spinner that also never clogs like them damn misters in the ez-cloner. I have one ez-cloner 60 for sale at a discounted price.

2b2s

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I have great success with my ez-cloner.. You must have your temps right air and water.. I use tap water with roots excel or humbolt roots.. Sterile blade with olivias cloning gel.. KISS.. works for me..

MeJuana

MeJuana

I have a home made one with Rubbermaid tote, ez cloner sprayers, 396GPH pump. I use straight tap water chlorine and all at 700 PPM, they root fine. It is so easy to clone with this thing using just water I don't use gel anymore, I don't use CloneX solution, just water and a razor blade never look back. Love this thing.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I hear mostly success with the EZ-Cloner, but some guys just don't have luck with it. Maybe this boils down to environment, like where you live not your grow room. I dunno I do nothing but chop off the shoot, put it in a collar and drop it in the cloner. I get roots about 100% of the time and damn fast, but a very few amount of people I see can't get it to work for them

G

GuFF

If all else fails, try ewc tea. It allows the res temps to get hot and prevents the dreaded slime. I just got slimed, I'm gunna try to cycle my pump 30/30 with some KLN and PROTEKT and see if that works, if not I'm mixing the tea. For the recipe for the tea check out my "city water in ez cloner" thread.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

10 days ez-cloner only tap water

I snapped these pic. with my phone last night to show you guys the Ez-cloner in action with only tap water str8 from the tap.. I dipped the clones in Olivias gel before inserting them into neopremes.. I kept the temps at 78.. and used only CFLs for lighting.. Your enviorment temps/humidity are crucial in root development..
http://i166.invalid.com/albums/u117/KINGKONGKENNEL_2007/Photo126.jpg

J

Jeff Davison

There is a new product that you can put in your ez-clone container and eliminate the water pump. This new aeroponic mister works with just a air pump. I have been running 6 misters in a 60 site ez-cloner 35 watt commercial air pump. My water heating problems are over and also no more clogging nozzles. I am glad that i can share this new discovery with you. https://deweymister.com
Photo

Nutts

Nutts

Cloners are amazing. My friend has one and a while ago we got one little root to grow from the stem of a leaf. Branches tint cuttings it didnt matter It was nuts. We called it the Jesus Christ cloner because it was like gods piss in there or something. You could root a wooden leg. Lol.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I use Tap water in my DIY cloners, since tap has chlorine in it, it helps reduce algae build up and bacteria affecting the clones, an air stone and a fogger works wonders. And that's it with tap water...No more on plants, just the clones.
24 hours of light, temps around 75-80. I use a dome and mist at first, then start weaning them off. my tops of clones actually have new growth when roots pop 7-12 days.
When you see the little bumps on bottom of stem you need to lower your canopy humidity. it will cause your roots to take off. Your leaves are what's feeding your plant.

Nutts

Nutts

Shit. The cloner my boy has shows roots in three to five days. That's why we call it the Jesus Christ cloner. Twelve days in that thing and the roots are six inches long. It's nuts

urbanfog

urbanfog

There is a new product that you can put in your ez-clone container and eliminate the water pump. This new aeroponic mister works with just a air pump. I have been running 6 misters in a 60 site ez-cloner 35 watt commercial air pump. My water heating problems are over and also no more clogging nozzles. I am glad that i can share this new discovery with you. https://deweymister.comView attachment 313506

Nice! Just grabbed a couple to try out, if for nothing else then ease of use.....we shall see

Bannacis

Bannacis

Nice, Good EyeDeer thare. Thats just what the doctor ordered. Also the added benefit of the spray up the sides, Looks like a good way to increase the humidity. thanks Seamaiden!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

here are the roots I get after 21 days in the cloner LOL, not really but could happen, I have used them but find RockWool or Jiffy plugs work 99% of the time and are less hassle, no clogged anything, no temp issues and so on.

IMGP0939

BigBen207

BigBen207

I have a homemade clone machine, 25 plugs. I lost everyone of my clones and decided to disassemble the entire unit, including the pump, feet, everything. I used a bleach sanitizer to start, and scrubbed every sq inch of every part. Soaked the nozzles and used a toothbrush to get them cleaned properly. Then reassembled all the parts and use another bleach sanitizer. I rinsed the box and all parts three times to remove bleach, then followed with a sani of hydrogen peroxide/water, followed by another two rinses. Then I refilled the res with 2.65gal of tap water. Added three capfuls of Clonex solution, ONE drop of Superthrive, and ph'd down to 6.5. Ran the system without clones to saturate my plugs for 24 hr to get an accurate ph/temp again. Then took clones following leads I got here(sterile snips, new clean blade, nitrile gloves, etc)
Result is 22/25 rooted in 11 days. Will be transferring to Coco in Solo cups in 3days. Running stardog from TopDawgs, growing in Roots Organics Coco bricks with 8%perlite added. Hope this helps

CocoCola

CocoCola

I was struggling with cloning at first but PermaClone collars along w/ their methods got me where I don't even break-down my system anymore. Check out their blog articles, they'll set you straight and cover methods for keeping sterile, sterilizing your water and your cloning collars.
BGNkU0Cqavs

https://www.permaclone.com/blogs/news/the-3-reasons-clones-fail

https://www.permaclone.com/blogs/news/sterilizable-collars-permaclone-has-your-answers

https://www.permaclone.com/blogs/news/advanced-cloning-tips-tricks

R

Robot66

Aero cloning is by far the easiest way to clone. Ive cut the plant any so many ways, odd angles, stranges places, and every cutting has rooted 100%. I mean 100%. I use water right from the tap with nothing at all added( I mean nothing, zero ziltch nada),and a 396 pump, pvc pipe and an 18 gallon rubbermaid container. I followed the stink bud method and plans for building the cloner. Google Stinkbud to learn more. The set up costs virtually nothing to build.

The timer is pricy as G,ro said at $80-100 bucks for the Cap timer that lets you adjust the time. Cap also offers a different timer that is pre-set at 1 minute on and 4 minutes off. This timer costs a little less then the adjustable timer. The same timer and design principles are used to make both the veg and flower units.

Aero cloning is all about 1minute on 4 or 5 minutes off period to me. High temps in the water lead to many problems. G,ro is correct with the information in his post.
I hope I don’t have any issues with mine never used it before . Sounds like the heat mat is out. Maybe a timer on the pump. My cloning area is a fridge.

Top Bottom