F13 x OTH outside grow

• Thread starter Poekie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
F13 x OTH from Beanhoarder.
2 females and 1 male, very pleased, maybe do some crossing with the male.

Panama is from ACE, they need 2 months of growing before showing their sex, and then 3 months of flowering.
I cut the first male, already used a Panama male last year for some crosses.
Two more plants, two more chances on a female.

The Sugar Punch from Sannies is feminized, have 2 of those, planted late as i cant have them too big because they are supposed to be extremely smelly.

All organic outside grow, recycled soil with added manure, algae, guano, bacteria and always some worms in there, mixed with some new soil.
And a good amount of hay on top to protect against the heat (up to 39° this year).

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Making friends in the garden...
Every year some of those fellows come to visit my plants.
They never did any damage, just seem to be hanging around.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Her sister is a bit quicker and getting nice buds. May need another 3 or 4 weeks, so ready by end of november.
A bit more influence from the F13, not having such very thin leaves, and will finish a few weeks earlier.
Looking with a magnifier the trichomes look quite different from indicas or mainly indica hybrids, smaller trichome heads and shorter stalks.
Always grateful to be able to grow different varieties outdoors in a warm and dry climate.
IMG 20201028 1033242

Red0ctober

Red0ctober

Her sister is a bit quicker and getting nice buds. May need another 3 or 4 weeks, so ready by end of november.
A bit more influence from the F13, not having such very thin leaves, and will finish a few weeks earlier.
Looking with a magnifier the trichomes look quite different from indicas or mainly indica hybrids, smaller trichome heads and shorter stalks.
Always grateful to be able to grow different varieties outdoors in a warm and dry climate.
View attachment 1049799
Climbing on board to see how these go! The look of the f13 dom one is exactly what I would have hoped for out of this cross. Do you have any full length images?

MicroHaze

MicroHaze

Just Joined the Farm to follow this Grow. Very interested in this cross as well as all of Beanhoarder's work in general. Those plants look stunning. I'm interested in this cross as well as his OTHxQueen Mother. Beanhoarder is local for me - so it's easy to get his seeds. Looking forward to seeing these girls finish up and hopefully you'll let us now how the product turns out.

Cheers!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Just Joined the Farm to follow this Grow. Very interested in this cross as well as all of Beanhoarder's work in general. Those plants look stunning. I'm interested in this cross as well as his OTHxQueen Mother. Beanhoarder is local for me - so it's easy to get his seeds. Looking forward to seeing these girls finish up and hopefully you'll let us now how the product turns out.

Cheers!
What got me interested in Beanhoarder, apart from his huge collection of interesting genetics, was his descriptions of smell and effect, i think he knows his plants really well.
Last year tried his Sweet Tooth x God Bud, potent indica effect and very similar plants.
Also got his Petrolia Headstash x C99 but unfortunately they were eaten by some kind of rodent, must have been tasty.
That was a good lesson, now all small plants get a metal cage for protección.
My peppers were also eaten, probably by mountain goats, but thats ok.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I love those outdoor grow pictures in sunshine, god I miss Spain ☹
On a more positive note, here's one of your Afghans growing in my bedroom 😁
I topped her yesterday but she haven't thrown any hissy fit over it so all good.

20201104 100300
20201104 100250
20201104 100242

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
I love those outdoor grow pictures in sunshine, god I miss Spain ☹
On a more positive note, here's one of your Afghans growing in my bedroom 😁
I topped her yesterday but she haven't thrown any hissy fit over it so all good.

View attachment 1051919View attachment 1051920View attachment 1051921
Interesting...i never topped an auto, since they dont have much time for growing new branches before flowering starts, same reason why i dont transplant them.
And the Afghan is not a vigorous grower, maybe the Magnum would be more suitable for topping or bending.
I like the angry bird, maybe keeps bugs away ?
Take care over there.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Yeah I know the Topping of autos are debatable, some say do it, others say don't, the reason I went ahead was to try and keep her shorter and I also did it at a point where she is looking strong so it should be OK, I'm not aiming for big yield anyway, just the growing experience and to get an idea of the strain, this one I did for the fun wellie competition and will try them as a more serious grow in January, I'll try the Pina from you as well then.
The Angry Bird is my lucky talisman to keep bugs out 👹

MicroHaze

MicroHaze

Hey Poekie,

Sorry about your luck with Thieves and bad Weather. Any word on how the F13 leaning pheno dried/cured? Was it finished enough to be decent smoke?

Cheers!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Hi the thieves didnt come back and the rain was not so bad.
Glad i left some branches to mature, today cut the last of both.

The early harvested flowers had a sunny autumn and already mainly milky trichomes, but no amber, will be interesting to see the difference in effect compared to the later harvest.

Cold nights, a few close to freezing but they seem immune to rain, cold, fungus, even caterpillars.

Very beautiful purple color from the cold, a joy to behold.

Yes, i did try a little bit of the early harvest after about two weeks curing.
Really good and strong sativa effect, kind of felt in a trance, introspective, and long lasting.
But also activating, i really enjoyed some work pruning olive and almond trees in the hills.
Havent tried yet the more sativa pheno, want to give her a decent curing first.
She looks like purple haze, as the pics on the site from ACE, where the Oldtimers Haze came from according to Beanhoarder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom