Fabric planter or larger plastic planter

• Thread starter AndyBoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AndyBoi

AndyBoi

This is a plant that was gifted to me. So information know is limited.

I think its a soil/coco coir/perlite mix. It seems to work well and have proper drainage. PH was way off when i received it, but its moving in the right direction with some attention.

Im not sure if I will bring it indoors for flower or keep it outside.
But at least 2 months until I go into flower.

I plan to make a soil mix simular to what is already in the pot. 30% soil 30% coco 30% perlite 10% worm castings.

I have used these fabric planters in the past and they worked wonderfully in my inexperienced opinon. (See previous grow) but I also have this significantly larger plastic planter. Im open to drilling hole in the side if recommended.

I am aware that with the smaller planter i will need to water and feed it more regularly.

So fabric planter or larger plastic?

Fabric planter or larger plastic planter
Fabric planter or larger plastic planter 2
Observationist

Observationist

I think its a soil/coco coir/perlite mix. It seems to work well and have proper drainage. PH was way off when i received it, but its moving in the right direction with some attention.

I plan to make a soil mix simular to what is already in the pot. 30% soil 30% coco 30% perlite 10% worm castings.

I have used these fabric planters in the past and they worked wonderfully in my inexperienced opinon. (See previous grow) but I also have this significantly larger plastic planter. Im open to drilling hole in the side if recommended.

I am aware that with the smaller planter i will need to water and feed it more regularly.

Fabric is more breathable

But, looks like you’re planning to grow it outdoors, probably in soil.

I’d just put in that big plastic one, just make sure there is plenty of drainage holes and can add more to make it “more breathable”

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Fabric is more breathable

But, looks like you’re planning to grow it outdoors, probably in soil.

I’d just put in that big plastic one, just make sure there is plenty of drainage holes and can add more to make it “more breathable”
Im leaning towards the larger planter as well.

Thanks

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Growing outdoors, you want big pots for big roots and big trees. I'd go with the plastic one because it is bigger. Fabric pots require different watering habits and sometimes different formulations of growing media (less perlite) to optimize. The plastic one will require less frequent watering, but make sure you have 25% or more drainage material in your medium and, as stated before, adequate drainage holes. Really it comes down to what your soil looks like and how big you want it to get.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I like the fabric pots, the roots don't wrap around the bottom or sides, The roots take up the center and after transplanting or at the end killing them...once pulled from the fabric pot look for roots......I think they grow better in the fabric, maybe fill the plastic up half way and put the fab on top not buried in the soil. but supported in there and if it starts get just too big cut the fabric off....there won't be roots on the edges to damage.

lol I don't know where to begin butthat don't make much sense lol

Top Bottom