Fair salary for head grower?

• Thread starter DeezNugzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Depends on your level of commitment....are you the "head grower" as in, you gotta make sure shit gets done? Get the late night phone calls that the place is flooded? or the power went out? Or are you just "head grunt", punch-in, punch-out, 9-5, cya later, don't bother me?

I'd say at least $5k per month starting, for a moderate 40+ hour weeks, and having ample support staff around you, so you aren't stuck working your ass off for that amount.

I'm done with the "biz"...like TK said, time to get back in the "game"...

T

thcnology

In this case as "head grower" you always work off commission. The money that's funding the operation likes to hear that your committed. Always ask to be payed in cash. If they are just starting out you ask for a "draw" period for 4 months, at 3000 a month, 3000 up front. Just so in case shit hits the fan, you have wasted your time and you're not out of money. Depending on the scale of the operation and the willingness for cash payment and a "draw period" you ask between 15-20% of gross not net. So a 1 million gross grow operation annually pays you "head grower" 150-200k... not bad for not putting up any money of your own? And hey man they still clear a half a million. If they don't want to agree to the terms tell em to go fvck...they just might change their mind....my two cents.

D

DoobyScoo

you ask between 15-20% of gross not net. So a 1 million gross grow operation annually pays you "head grower" 150-200k... not bad for not putting up any money of your own? And hey man they still clear a half a million. If they don't want to agree to the terms tell em to go fvck...they just might change their mind....my two cents.

Die on your feet or live on your knees! (paraphrase: Zapata)

P.S. There is always going to be a grower out there that is 'down and out' and struggling to make a living.
P.P.S. Are you him?

D

DeezNugzz

Die on your feet or live on your knees! (paraphrase: Zapata)

P.S. There is always going to be a grower out there that is 'down and out' and struggling to make a living.
P.P.S. Are you him?
Are you stompin' on coca leaves in the jungle or are you Tony Montoya? Right now I'm jungle boy, but I'm getting over it Dooby, big time. Tex is right. I might as well be working at fuckin' McDonald's. Fuck this shiz.

D

DeezNugzz

How'd you know?
Just seying.
(estimate)
Prior to starting this thread I did in fact look at 3 different web sites that showed average salaries for: a horticulturist, a warehouse worker, a pharmaceutical tech warehouse worker, pharmaceutical warehouse manager, just to name a few. There was a couple more I looked at to try to formulate some kind educated guesstimate about all this. The opinions here were my secondary field of data, but equally as valuable, if not more. I feel like this grower is getting screwed. Its all how you perceive THIS job. Ya know? There is no web site that shows average salaries for head MMJ grower. But I still believe I'm being grossly underpaid. These people have a pretty low appreciation for the genetics as well. They would sell raisins on the same shelf as kiwi's for the exact same price, with zero acknowledgment that one hold's MORE value than the other. Or putting DJ short blueberry on the same shelf as White Dawg and selling it for the same price. I don't see how a grower can make more money in an environment like that. That's why there's all these grower dispensary relationships fall apart (for the most part). The value system is judged differently from wholesale to retail and the split always goes heavy to the owner or investor. I guess i was naive to think a good grower was worth something to a business but at least I realize it now. There are some good organizations out there I'm sure. Most people I talk to are unhappy. I am, too. Time for some cha cha cha changes. I've tried this a few times now and for me its not sustainable. Hard work in this country goes a long way, if you have money behind you. Otherwise you eat with the rats, or play by your own set of rules. Am I wrong? Seems the case these days anywhere in all walks of life.

M

Mr Dank

$800/lb minimum for hand watered soil plants
$500/lb minimum for hydro

anything less than that is a rip off to the grower

eyecandi

eyecandi

i worked with a Disp last year that would put everything at one price, no matter if it was shit or gold. stopped working with them real quick. they couldn't get the concept of a tiered pricing structure that would make everyone happy (cover the indigent/low income folks + the high enders and all in between), even the customers were put off by it because 1/2 couldn't tell the difference between low and high grade. this kind of grow/sales mentality also leads to grows that don't care as much because they might as well just produce generic buds for all it matters.

D

DoobyScoo

The only other thing I can add is:
Matching Contributions on your 401K, IRA?
Health Insurance Coverage (single, family coverage)?
Company Vehicle?
Legal Retainer?

Just the externalities when doing 'cost accounting'.
Like a normal business.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
The only other thing I can add is:
Matching Contributions on your 401K, IRA?
Health Insurance Coverage (single, family coverage)?
Company Vehicle?
Legal Retainer?

Just the externalities when doing 'cost accounting'.
Like a normal business.

Shit, they don't even have bank accounts, how will they fund your 401k? And have you tried to buy a car and list the Dispo as an employer? You can't get a loan that way, no one will touch you.

Legal retainer, though, for sure. You should ask that in the initial interview, "If we get raided, who do we call? Is my bail pre-paid?" Because if they don't know those answers you don't want to work there.........

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
some D-BAG just offered 26K plus a hundred dollar bonus per pound... for head grower of a warehouse.. thats right... 100 bucks a pound...

HEY CALI GUYS!?!? you obviously have been thru this before... what have you guys ironed out as a good plan??

putembk

putembk

I know 3 guys that act only as consultants. They say they spend approximately 4 hrs a week at each location they oversee. While there they work with the grunts giving advise on whatever needs attention. According to each of them the going rate for this expertise is $2000 a month per location. Think about it, if you are overlooking 4 grows that's $8000 a month. Now, with that said, I have only heard this not seen any $ change hands. But one of the guys did take me on a tour of one of his grows and it was pretty impressive. Cherry Top Farms at I-70 and Brighton Blvd. I'm sure a few of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

turbo14

turbo14

I'll chime in...

I run a 150kw soon to be a 175kw operation in Denver... I get paid 70k a year plus bonuses all the time... I punch in 9-5, they do not call me when power issues nor floods, unless my dumbass did it. They don't tell me what to do or how much money I can spend on anything. We make seed orders on there tab every month with whatever strains I want to grow. I have all nutes delivered along with pallets of soil. I have 4 Assistant growers that make around $15-16 an hour that do the grunt work.. Water plants, prune underneath screens, scrog, lst, and spray... I work around 40 hours a week, I don't have to, but guess what gents? I like to hang with my plants all day and get paid for it. Beats the hell out of any desk job I have ever had.

Why do I do it?

I love working with plants, they don't talk back and it is very rewarding... Growing weed legally for a living isn't bad at all, federally it is still illegal but we have full protection from the state as we are one of the first 10 to get our application approved..

Could I make more crushing my houses?

Yes, in fact I do... but I love my day job:)

turbo

turbo14

turbo14

For me it would be an ASStronomical amount like OVER 250 / more like 500 k CASH!.... for that year... after tax's. UPFRONT! and I would only do it a year! NON refundable! Part PART Time! 4 hours a day / 4 days a week! At my leisure. LOL I mean anything that isnt completely just fucktarted isnt worth it, you can pull 80k a year at home, 80k means non of your problems in life stem from money. So for me to actuality have a " JOB " I gotta get cashed the fuck out!

AND Im not doing no fucking manual labor! JUST BRAINS!

Somebody sign this guy up.....he's got brains...

As for me. I liking making money on the books being legit.... But, Don't get me wrong I'm certainly not complaining about the extra that is generated from my own grows:)

What other legitimate job do you know of pays this well in any other industry. Most would have to work at a company for years to achieve over 50k-100k... am I right?

Can you get skilled laborers and head growers for 50k-100k? Just have a look at the pay scale at local organic farms and nurseries to answer that question.

These people make no money and yet have great skills and want to work with plants.

I understand fully about crushin' rooms and gettin' paid...believe me..

But, It's also comforting to always have a paycheck coming every week...and multiple sources of income..:character0095:

turbo

D

DoobyScoo

What other legitimate job do you know of pays this well in any other industry. Most would have to work at a company for years to achieve over 50k-100k... am I right?

I guess it depends on what school gets listed on your resume.
Am I right?

But not everyone can be Larry, making money off of Orange Juice.
By far the smartest cookie on the show.

altimood

altimood

Damn son, its hard out here on a gimp. Came to my spot at 3:30 AM to spray mighty wash on some fucking russet mites. What a team player I am. NOW GIVE ME A RAISE BIATCH! And a bonus. And MMJ STD insurance god dammit!

M

maestro

Somebody sign this guy up.....he's got brains...

As for me. I liking making money on the books being legit.... But, Don't get me wrong I'm certainly not complaining about the extra that is generated from my own grows:)

Can you get skilled laborers and head growers for 50k-100k? Just have a look at the pay scale at local organic farms and nurseries to answer that question.

These people make no money and yet have great skills and want to work with plants.

I understand fully about crushin' rooms and gettin' paid...believe me..

But, It's also comforting to always have a paycheck coming every week...and multiple sources of income..:character0095:

turbo

LMFAO I bet you're maybe 24 huh? ha ha ha ha lmao you was a dribble out you daddies sheschlong n I was blowin this box up already mid eighties.

BUT the real question is who is the bitch? huh? YOU
MJ to is about freedom you fuckin sell outs turn it into another commodity to be factory produced by wage slaves! FUCK YOU! Can't wait till your gettin your ass reamed in a federal tent camp somewhere in the desert pickin sand out yo asshole!

Shit how much you makin them bitches with 150k blowin up?..........cuz shit son I scratch more than you with less than 4k in the whole show veg n all peepee ~ 10hours a week tops. hmmmmmmmn I must be a bad ass majical mofo...........n...........uuuuum......surprise surprise over the last 20 years I've used MJs support spiritually, mentally, and physically to build a completely legit business.....wow.....what a concept.....but I don't give that more than a few hours a week either. I don't want a job.

I don't make anyone big bucks at all but me n I'm not greedy my cups full. I even try eliminating middle men from my picture cuz them lil'fucks don't deserve that scratch either. Fuck that farmin is hard work and I'm a lot sicker than average. I laugh at all these assholes wanting freebies claiming thay can't get the munchies...blah,blah blah...grow your own its hard work...you'll work up an appetite.

enough rants I
shouldn't read this bs until I medicate :mad0233:

altimood

altimood

LMFAO I bet you're maybe 24 huh? ha ha ha ha lmao you was a dribble out you daddies sheschlong n I was blowin this box up already mid eighties.

BUT the real question is who is the bitch? huh? YOU
MJ to is about freedom you fuckin sell outs turn it into another commodity to be factory produced by wage slaves! FUCK YOU! Can't wait till your gettin your ass reamed in a federal tent camp somewhere in the desert pickin sand out yo asshole!

Shit how much you makin them bitches with 150k blowin up?..........cuz shit son I scratch more than you with less than 4k in the whole show veg n all peepee ~ 10hours a week tops. hmmmmmmmn I must be a bad ass majical mofo...........n...........uuuuum......surprise surprise over the last 20 years I've used MJs support spiritually, mentally, and physically to build a completely legit business.....wow.....what a concept.....but I don't give that more than a few hours a week either. I don't want a job.

I don't make anyone big bucks at all but me n I'm not greedy my cups full. I even try eliminating middle men from my picture cuz them lil'fucks don't deserve that scratch either. Fuck that farmin is hard work and I'm a lot sicker than average. I laugh at all these assholes wanting freebies claiming thay can't get the munchies...blah,blah blah...grow your own its hard work...you'll work up an appetite.

enough rants I
shouldn't read this bs until I medicate :mad0233:

First of all Maestro it's 6:15 AM in the morning, and I've been here since 3:30 A.M. trying to make a living to support my family. Sell out? Fuck you man. I'm thirty eight years old and would be framing a fucking house right now if it paid more than 2 bucks a square foot. Chill the fuck out. You're MJ freedom is being stepped on by no one here buddy. If you have some better fucking ideas on how to make a living right now after all the shit a lot of us have been through, please share. Otherwise go medicate and chill for a second. No disrespect but its too early for this kind of animosity dude. It ain't all little kids out here. And I'm not trying to end up in Federal prison either. PM me with a better gig if you have one for me. It wouldn't take much to beat my current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom