False Advertising

• Thread starter kill-9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kill-9

I believe that there should be more regulation with clones in medical clubs. Just about every club I've gone to has some bullshit cuts and make up everything about a certain clone they have.

Every club has their business operating permit, so can I accuse them of false advertising? How can I prove it?

At one dispensary, they had the cheapest strains from Nirvana, then one "high end" marijuana cut that was G-13. Nobody has g-13. I asked the guy where he got it from, is it a cross? he just picked up his shoulders and said I dont know.

I'm no snitch and wouldn't say anything to the police department, but what can I do in cases like this? It really fucks me up that they are deceiving people like this.

The Joker

The Joker

I know a person "in the business" of supplying clones to medical clubs in the San Francisco area. We are not good friends , but have mutual friends for almost 20 years.
I got a menu of clones and was surprised at the misinformation in the descriptions.

Some of it small...they have Sour Diesel listed and that Rezdog is the original breeder of the Sour D...so it's really Sour Diesel "IBL" that is being listed not the real one.

Some Mr. Nice stuff...G-13 etc.

What bugs me is that these are supposed to be going to medical patients...people who really need it. That's why it would be better if this were legal and regulated.

N

Nuglover

When it's more about money than helping the sick, you can expect alot of stuff like this. Not all dispenseries(or seedbanks for that matter) are above board. Someone only after the cash will do whatever (lie,cheat,steal,Etc.) to get it.***Buyer Beware*** Alot of cats probably taking full advantage of the fact that the industry isn't regulated at all.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

I believe that there should be more regulation with clones in medical clubs. Just about every club I've gone to has some bullshit cuts and make up everything about a certain clone they have.

Every club has their business operating permit, so can I accuse them of false advertising? How can I prove it?

At one dispensary, they had the cheapest strains from Nirvana, then one "high end" marijuana cut that was G-13. Nobody has g-13. I asked the guy where he got it from, is it a cross? he just picked up his shoulders and said I dont know.

I'm no snitch and wouldn't say anything to the police department, but what can I do in cases like this? It really fucks me up that they are deceiving people like this.

I know one person on the united states marijuana medical program...18 years and he has gotten 18 seeds from the tins filled with rolled marijuana...

is this the real g-13??

well mabie we will see...mabie.:character0113:

as far as real deal genetic...i love bag seed...then i know what it will be like...call it what u want.

if it helps my neropathy i am all for it.

one time i got a limted louie the 13 og...smelled like louie the 13..very strong..but i didnt like the side effects...got rid of her.

When california state or an other medical cannabis state starts a dna strain bank we will see the real deal!!

K

kill-9

The government weed was schwag. They didn't care about quality. I highly doubt it was G-13, it's a myth that it was created by the government. It doesn't compute that they would create G-13 and roll up schwag for the patients.

S

Sporulater

Oh boo hoo, you can walk into a dispensarie and get a clone and they give you a bit of wrong info, how terrible, oh no, what will we do? Dude, you should be happy just that you can go buy a clone in a store type of setting, AND THAT YOU GOT MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAWS. My state just passed them and the cops are still busting people for little petty shit. This one couple just got busted last week for 21 plants and they even had there doctor recommendation. Sorry about the ranting but I just hate it when I hear people in cali complaining about anything to do with there medical marijuana situation. You guys got it fuckin made. Our laws were written so that we have to get our own/grow our own. We won't have any dispensaries or places to get clones.

K

kill-9

It's still a dillema for me on what I should do, was thinking of going again and speaking to the dispensary owner. Are you going to object to that? Heh.:character0103:

A

Attis

Oh boo hoo, you can walk into a dispensarie and get a clone and they give you a bit of wrong info, how terrible, oh no, what will we do? Dude, you should be happy just that you can go buy a clone in a store type of setting, AND THAT YOU GOT MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAWS. My state just passed them and the cops are still busting people for little petty shit. This one couple just got busted last week for 21 plants and they even had there doctor recommendation. Sorry about the ranting but I just hate it when I hear people in cali complaining about anything to do with there medical marijuana situation. You guys got it fuckin made. Our laws were written so that we have to get our own/grow our own. We won't have any dispensaries or places to get clones.

Regardless of how convenient it is to get clones or how made we got it, it doesn't change the fact that you want to know exactly what you are getting. Especially if you are a seriously ill patient who needs a specific strain in order to have the most benefit from your symptoms. You also wouldn't want to go to a pharmacy to get a script and have them tell you it's what you need then it end up being something else. I realize that getting the wrong MJ wouldn't be dangerous like getting the wrong script, but you get the point. Plus, it is a bigger issue than just genetics. It's a matter of gaining the respect and approval by society as a "true" medical benefit, which it is. If we have dispensaries and such selling bullshit, how can we possibly expect to be taken serious? I agree that "snitching" will not do us any good, and I wouldn't want anymore negative publicity regarding MJ medically or not to happen, but I do think that we need regulations "not too many" in order to be taken seriously. Like any other controversial issue, you will always have those people who are trying to come up and end up setting everyone back. It's no different then any other product, and for some reason everyone including us continue to put MJ in it's own seemingly less important category of its own. Enough is enough, and it starts with us. So stop taking the stance of at least we can get it and start demanding that they give us what we deserve.

As for the original statement "false advertising" can you prove it? If so then call them on it and let them know that you know they are selling bullshit and offer to give them proven genetics. If they decline then start calling them out on forums and put them on blast. Eventually they will either fix the problem or go away, and if not then stop going there. If you are close to LA or Oaklnd for that matter, I know of two places that offer TRUE and Proven genetics which come pest and disease free 99% of the time. If you do your HW then you can figure out who they are. I don't want to break any rules nor put their info out there so I will not post it here, but I'll give you a hint. They are associated with a certain university for cannabis only found in CA Good luck!

-A

The Joker

The Joker

Is that compassion?

What a lack of compassion. People with cancer lose their jobs and sometimes their medical coverage to. Maybe they don't have a lot of money to spend on clones. Maybe some of them need specific clones for their ailments and then they don't get what they pay for.

I'm not talking about stoners getting scrips for anxiety.
I'm talking about terminally ill people and people with chronic illness. I hope it never happens to you or someone you love.

The good thing is that their are many compassionate people behind the scenes helping people who need it.
I know at this website there are some amazing unsung heroes helping people who really need it. They certainly don't have your attitude. Pay it forward...

Wow...

B

boxmunch9

I think your best bet is to buy the clone, grow it, smoke it, or dont? either way your probably not going to be the next erin brockovich.

S

Sporulater

What a lack of compassion. People with cancer lose their jobs and sometimes their medical coverage to. Maybe they don't have a lot of money to spend on clones. Maybe some of them need specific clones for their ailments and then they don't get what they pay for.

I'm not talking about stoners getting scrips for anxiety.
I'm talking about terminally ill people and people with chronic illness. I hope it never happens to you or someone you love.

The good thing is that their are many compassionate people behind the scenes helping people who need it.
I know at this website there are some amazing unsung heroes helping people who really need it. They certainly don't have your attitude. Pay it forward...

Wow...

In my state, we have what are called "caregivers", It is somebody you can name to grow for you, I am a caregiver, and a patient. The person I am a caregiver for is H.I.V.+, I DO KNOW HOW IMPORTANT A SPECIFIC STRAIN CAN BE. Ever taken combivir and sustiva? Anyway, when our law first took affect back in December, I figured, I'd maybe hit up a few people out in Cali, to try spearheading some compassion clubs/places that patients could contact for help. I was not imperessed with any of the people I spoke with. They were either extremely money hungry/greedy or they just didn't care to help anybody but themselves. I mean, why would they be, they can walk right into a store where they live and get killer smoke/meds, fuck the rest of us right? What they don't realize is that until we can get a majority of states to legalize medical marijuana, it will remain federally illegal and the dea will still have the right to raid your little dispensaries. We need more than 13 states to have medical marijuana laws and the attitude is that once your state gets it, fuck the rest of the country but that is the wrong attitude. But by all means, keep right on obsessing about the dispensaries right there in your neighborhood, that will change everything man. you go!

K

kill-9

So we Californians should be grateful because there's people who live in non-medical cannabis states? LOL....simple minded logic at its finest.

We can only do one thing, and that's help other states become legal right? Funny shit.

S

Sporulater

Do you know how to read bro, my state already legalised medical marijuana. The thing is that you are on here crying about some shit that most people would be happy about and it just shows how selfish you are. Why don't you go in there and maybe educate the people at that dispensary. Also, I don't know if it was g-13 or not but I knew an aids patient when I lived in Key West and he had some kind of government weed, it was in already rolled joints and they were huge, like cigarrettes. When he would take them apart to roll normal joints you could tell it was some really killer green. Lime green, light and fluffy. I have seen some weed called g-13 that looked the same too. I have heard people argue for days about the authenticity of g-13 and I came to the conclusion that it probably does exist, even if the government didn't create it, there are strains being passed around with that name so be it.

K

kill-9

Do you know how to read bro, my state already legalised medical marijuana.

That's why I said "THERE is people". And didn't specifically refer to you. Maybe you should read again? Or should I break it down for you?

The thing is that you are on here crying about some shit that most people would be happy about and it just shows how selfish you are. Why don't you go in there and maybe educate the people at that dispensary.

Like I said, I should be grateful because we have medical marijuana? I'm on the path to legalization, and we can't have that when there are shady dispensaries. I should give a pass when a dispensary is lying about what they have? :sign0065:

The dispensary is straight up lying about everything they have stocked. G-13 was only something I knew positively for sure that they didn't have.

Also, I don't know if it was g-13 or not but I knew an aids patient when I lived in Key West and he had some kind of government weed, it was in already rolled joints and they were huge, like cigarrettes. When he would take them apart to roll normal joints you could tell it was some really killer green. Lime green, light and fluffy. I have seen some weed called g-13 that looked the same too. I have heard people argue for days about the authenticity of g-13 and I came to the conclusion that it probably does exist, even if the government didn't create it, there are strains being passed around with that name so be it.

Nobody cares about your stories.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree with ya Kill9 because people should know what they are growing because they need to know what works . Sporulater I'm not sure if your from another site but that hostile attitude won't fly here my friend so check yourself and relax a bit .

Greyskull

Greyskull

to be honest i think the clubs should be cultivating their own cuts.

i know the clone vendors are patients of the clubs they supply, but i really think the clubs can be doing their own cuts, in house, from their own grouping of select "collective moms".

its a bit of work for the club to do, sure. taking care of HEALTHY vigorous moms (i bolded healthy because a lot of the mother plants i have seen - vendors & growers on boards alike - dont take proper care of their mother plants. its funny ha ha take better care of your moms people they need love too, people!) and watching the cuttings for roots.... of all the shops i have visited, none of the operators displayed any kind of growing acumen that would be necessary to undertake such a monumental task - which of course includes HEAVY KNOWLEDGE OF THE PLANT FROM CUTTING TO CHOP to assist the patients with grow related issues... but i think the main issue has to do simply with plant number limitations.

sorry if i am a rambling a bit i have been thinking about this for a couple of days...

L

LOCO__MOCO

ha ha most dispensaries I've been to around the LA area are full of S%$^ with the cuts and herb. they got like 10 different OG's and 15 dif "BUBBAS". And with the clones it's true what GS said a lot of the clones/moms are not even taken care of properly...:sign0065:

P

punkadc

ya i dont get the attitude sporulater, arent we all on the same side here?
and as much as i do appreciate having medical marijuana, i dont appreciate being lied to by a state-approved drug dealer about my medicine... you wouldnt want your real prescription replaced with placebos, would you? so why should we get less than honest treatment because our medicine is cannabis? its sad when street dealers are more honest about their products than "medical dispensaries"

B

boxmunch9

the prob is clubs can not keep up with the demand. greyskulls right, some patient walks in says I have 10 pounds and a bunch of g-13 cuts do you want them? they says yes and 25mins later there are all sold and the club is hoping someone brings in some more clones real soon because people need clones out there. Its not like they have time to check out every single clone or strain brought into the club, everytime im in a club there are like 10 people trying to get rid or there stuff, and I see so many of them turned away because there stuff is crap so dispesaries arent all dueshbags. I grow bubba, that I got from someone up north, do I know its bubba? looks like it but, how would I ever truely know that it is actaully bubba, could just be a random kush. Its kinda funny how there are all these elite cuts, the larry cut or the strain started from a bagseed at a greatfuldead concert or in ohio in 92', pre 98 ect. to me you can believe whatever story you hear or just take it for what it is, unscientific word of mouth stoner gossip.its like chemdog came from a bag seed, no it came from the weed that the seed came from and some jerk says he created a chem line that people use all over? Cant knock it till you grow it and smoke it, that g-13 clone could be your new keeper plant and it might not be g-13 but you'll still be higher and better off than my pops living in new york strugglen to get his hands on some beaster. sometime we need to be thankful for this medical marijuana, hasnt always been around and who knows how long it will stay

F

Fear

I apoplogize for these rambling I am about to bestow upon you. My weed has dried and now I can smoke myself silly I tell ya, Silly.

Well put boxmunch I agree on who knows what they say is true. Any one can sell to a club, it's the club that needs to weed through the shit. If someone sells hay, would you buy there clones? NO. If someone sells you bomb shheit, do you buy there clones? Yes. Some don't care. I also agree about all these seeds and stories. It's the biblle of marijuana these stories should be put into paper back like a bible. Then the bush caught on fire and what was left were 3 magic seeds. That produced the most holiest of all weeds.

Harborside in Bay Area specializes with High Grade. I know GTD will be dropping of some pure Chemdog 91' cuts soon. I know some otheer breeders here drop there too.

Some clubs don't care just 5 years ago the shittiest farmer must have been dropping hemp clones off. If you are lucky you will find the club with the best genetics. Out of 100 probably 5 in the bay area have quality cuts or buds. My opinion.

I might go to the Vapor room as a novelty on HAigt st. but if I want great meds I hit Geary. And the real good ones in Hayward Cali have been shut down.

And no need for clubs to grow, some do but commercial is risky, especially when we do all the hard work and they pay the cheapest price. Obviously otherwise prices would skyrocket. But shit unless you were a street dealer previously to farrming you have no choice but to sell to clubs. That's why they have so much.

Just look around it's hit and miss. The clubs that pay more for weed usually have better in my opinion.

I don't even know if I'm in the right place. Where am I? Is this the forum on hay to make hash? Sorry Kill-9

Latest posts

Top Bottom