Fan leaf stems turning purple!? Help

• Thread starter tco_0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tco_0420

tco_0420

One of my plants fan leaves are starting to turn purple on the stem, can anyone tell me reasons why or how to fix?
Fan leaf stems turning purple help

karolanne

karolanne

Hello,

I wouldn't worry. Some strains turn purple at different stages. It seems to me that your strain turn purple when the leaf is mature.

It's my thought. I'm not an expert. I used to grow about 20 years ago. I'm getting back into it slowly. Let's have someone else though.

tco_0420

tco_0420

It’s so weird, just the top part of the stem is purple and I seen them all turn purple before but not the top half of each stem, there is a perfect line that separates the purple and green and I’m just so damn confused anymore
68E756DE EEC6 4BF5 BDF8 810DD5A2F84D

tco_0420

tco_0420

That’s what I’m hoping for lol it just struck me as odd and I just wanted to post on here and see if anyone has ever had this happen as well, I have some questions ab seeds as well but I still am iffy about posting it bc my state it’s not legal yet

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

That’s what I’m hoping for lol it just struck me as odd and I just wanted to post on here and see if anyone has ever had this happen as well, I have some questions ab seeds as well but I still am iffy about posting it bc my state it’s not legal yet
Technically speaking its still federally "illegal" in every state, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Won't be long until big corporations exploit it and turn all the genetics into trash and it will still be "illegal" for us to do 😂

tco_0420

tco_0420

Technically speaking its still federally "illegal" in every state, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Won't be long until big corporations exploit it and turn all the genetics into trash and it will still be "illegal" for us to do 😂
Lmao I’m sure, I have ones I’ve looked at on ilgm but idk about Bitcoin and I don’t want to use my card to send it here so Idk what to do really, I have a guy here in town that has a ton but I also don’t know how legit they are is the thing

I’m working on getting everything down pat and the. I’m going to work on creating my own strains so I’ll never run out. I would love to find a zkittles, runtz, or bonkers but would settle for wedding cake, gsc, or grand daddy purple

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Bitcoin can be a pain in the ass. Can always get a prepaid card and a po box, at the end of the day theyre souvenir collectibles until germinated so nothing illegal about receiving them

tco_0420

tco_0420

Very true, I just am a very cautious person “been locked up before” and I always think the worse like oh shit they know I have seeds sent here so they will wait a few days then pop in and arrest me bc I grow two plants lmao but it’s just how my brain works, until I smoke them I don’t worry as much I just forget to order anything

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It’s so weird, just the top part of the stem is purple and I seen them all turn purple before but not the top half of each stem, there is a perfect line that separates the purple and green and I’m just so damn confused anymore
In the case of your plant (and most of mine), I think it is from exposure to light. You might notice any leaf petiole NOT in the direct rays of the light are still green.

tco_0420

tco_0420

It’s been really warm in the tent so I wasn’t sure but the top half of the stem is purple on that whole plant, it just struck me as really odd bc I had the one last year go purple and it had some in the bud and everything but the whole stem was purple on the fan leaves as well, idk just different bc these are just random seeds and not some I’ve bought yet

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Bitcoin can be a pain in the ass. Can always get a prepaid card and a po box, at the end of the day theyre souvenir collectibles until germinated so nothing illegal about receiving them
Well my seeds in that had that printed on the packs got nabbed by coustoms I argued the point to the effect and receive a letter from police and 5 days later they showed up ...
I hate Australia and it's fucked laws treat us still like convict .... Od

Rooke

Rooke

Well my seeds in that had that printed on the packs got nabbed by coustoms I argued the point to the effect and receive a letter from police and 5 days later they showed up ...
that’s pretty facked up Cobba I thought we had similar laws but I’m wrong in believing so. Sure glad my beans coming here from the states make it every time. We are supposed to be purchasing them from a govt approved vendor though I’m a rebel in their eyes I guess. Hope your on the mend buddy

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Government over reach is a huge problem all across the globe, the U.S.A. barely adheres to the constitution anymore all that seems to matter anymore is feelings

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

I have similar issues going on... plant looks pretty healthy besides a little bit of tip burn. The stems and fan leaves have purplish red streaks. I upped the magnesium to see if it will help but i dont want to hurt it. Looks healthy overall. Havent had any issues i just like to catch things before they get bad. U guys think i have a mag deficiency? Or is this genetics? The streaking on the branches was getting more prevalent.

20210630 184529
20210630 184548
20210630 184559
20210630 184623
20210701 185044
INDICAtive

INDICAtive

Im in week 4 of flower if that helps. Only my second round growin so go easy on me. Coco is sooooo much easier than soil haha.

growsince79

growsince79

I have similar issues going on... plant looks pretty healthy besides a little bit of tip burn. The stems and fan leaves have purplish red streaks. I upped the magnesium to see if it will help but i dont want to hurt it. Looks healthy overall. Havent had any issues i just like to catch things before they get bad. U guys think i have a mag deficiency? Or is this genetics? The streaking on the branches was getting more prevalent.
When I see that it usually means its hungry. You can either increase nutes a tad or back off light a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom