• Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Do you use fans in your drying room?

Blaze

Blaze

Yes, they are essential. You want good air movement in the drying area. No air movement can make for mold, and a poor cure. A little bit of air exchange helps too - the cannabis off-gasses as it dries, you want to get that out of there.

I

ibTheMan

very light air movement and not blow n on the weed, just around it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Right on thanks guys :)

We are useing the garage. I have a propane camp heater out there,
I just shut it of for now.
Keeping it 70* because the humity is high here right now.
Its 50 out side and would be close to that in the garage without the heater

Is it ok to use a heater?

I have two fans neither are directly on thew plants. im trying to make the air go round in a circle.....lol

I was just worried the fans might make it dry too fast...(read it on another forum)

OGONLY

OGONLY

I didn't use a fan this time and it came out real good. Usually I use my bedroom closet, clear out all the cloths. Then I put a fan at one end blowing out of the closet. That would create a slight bit of air movement in the closet. I found that branches closer to the fan dried out too fast.

This last round I didn't use a fan. It took the branches about 8 days (75 degree days, 60 degree nights) to be ready to cut nugs off and trim. I think the slower the dry the better when it comes to smell and taste. As long as your humidity is not too high (if you are between 35 and 60% you're good) I'd say go no fan.

I'd also say no way to the heater.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks OG

I don't think I will need the heater anymore anyway..
weather is warming up now
It rained here fer 3 days and was pretty cold so I thought I should but I was a bit concerned too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right on thanks guys :)

We are useing the garage. I have a propane camp heater out there,
I just shut it of for now.
Keeping it 70* because the humity is high here right now.
Its 50 out side and would be close to that in the garage without the heater

Is it ok to use a heater?

I have two fans neither are directly on thew plants. im trying to make the air go round in a circle.....lol

I was just worried the fans might make it dry too fast...(read it on another forum)
It's ok, but why do you want to? Do you need to speed up drying? If not, then let them dry as they would in the cooler temperatures. However, when drying in those cooler temps it's imperative to have good air movement.

Another vote for fans. But then, I am the Queen of Fans, so... yeah.

The last time I brought drying plants inside my husband almost couldn't go to work because his clothes stunk so badly. They were in a completely different bedroom, inside the closet, yet they stunk. This year I need far more space than I have available in the basement (the basement that stresses out a lot of people, apparently), so since I can't afford to build a drying barn, I'm utilizing the area UNDER our back deck. Hopefully it can be adequately enclosed according to our plan. If not, I'm screwed.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It's ok, but why do you want to? Do you need to speed up drying? If not, then let them dry as they would in the cooler temperatures. However, when drying in those cooler temps it's imperative to have good air movement.

Im not in a hurry..I am just paranoid about mold now...with the wet weather and all....

seems to be drying nicely now

bobby

bobby

NO FANS..only a scrubber for odor. As long the scrubber fan is not pointed directly at hanging product, it will provide enough air circulation in the room.

No fans...they make it dry to quickly.

Top Bottom