Fans - Wtf Is It With Wall-mount Fans??

• Thread starter mastagrowa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Just picked up a couple of these...they blow like a $30 hooker in Vegas, but I dunno for how long....

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

no,jesus man,oil and electric dont mix.i mean they mix but not in a good way lol. someone did mention putting a drop of oil on there fan and it made it work again,but dont oil your fans on my account lol
WD 40 and electrical are no problem though.

Here's a neat little factoid. WD stands for Water Displacement.

Eons ago in another life I used to work in the Oil Industry, the Geophysical side of it anyway. We did 3D seismic surveys to determine where to drill for oil. Anyways, we had boats that sank will millions of dollars of instrumentation on board and was able to salvage things by breaking them down, rinsing everything with distilled water, and then spraying it all down with WD 40. Crazy shit.

Back on to target conversation. I ordered a Lasko fan the other day on ebay and the switch was broken on it, so the seller refunded me. I contacted Lasko to see if I could get a new switch and they said I would have to order the whole motor assembly. Cool thing about that though is they make Air King and I found out that I can get the motor assembly for my wall mounts for like 40 bucks. :-)

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

Was looking to start a thread about this...these hurricane fans lasted me about 6months and no more oscilatting actually one quit after a month maybe my fault on that one since it got hooked up on the light..but the other no exscuse...active air fans are hunk too...looking to get a badass fan from advance any of you farmers using those???

Top Bottom