Farmer in need of help, What kind of deficiency is this?

• Thread starter Aerojoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Did you finish up that run w/ jacks ttystikk? just bunch of deficiency problems similar to mine? are you still running RDWC? w/ jacks? I'm not positive it's the micros causing the probs but I think I should definitely get some micros to make sure, I just wish I could find it locally rather than order and pay shipping. I want to change my numbers to be closer to HG aquaflakes to see if it will work out better in a RDWC.

I ran Jacks throughout. My pH wouldn't behave, but it wasn't the fault of Jacks- like some kind of a damned fool, I read the directions on the Pro-Tekt Silica jug and followed them. BIG no-no in RDWC! Use about 1/5 of the recommended dose, otherwise your pH jumps into the 7s and won't come down... until you get root rot. Then, it drops into the 4s and... well... that's what happened to my last RDWC run.

I have tried RDWC for multiple runs and something is always getting in the way of a decent result, so I went with coco/hydroton chow mix. Roughly 50/50 mix at the moment, handwatering but setting up a topfeed irrigation system for it even as I speak. Doing DTW, running lots of bennies in the chow mix substrate- this is the main reason I went to this from RDWC because straight water is not a good environment for beneficials.

I don't think micros would be a problem in RDWC, but don't use hygrozyme- that was another mistake that cost me. The main thing about bennies in RDWC is that you need to re-inoculate on a regular basis; every few days or at least weekly. And you still need to keep your temps down with a chiller, which for me is no longer necessary with chow mix.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh... Mg is mobile. Ca is immobile. Both can be foliared (can pass through leaf cell walls).

jonfd

jonfd

you went too early too the hps, flower with the mh until you see atleast nickel size flowers and then switch and the light is way too close......over working the plants

S

swisscheese

Have you looked at your new growth under a microscope? I see a nitrogen/magnesium deficiency but also maybe rust mites.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Have you looked at your new growth under a microscope? I see a nitrogen/magnesium deficiency but also maybe rust mites.
I have not, new growth you say? I'm flowering atm I took a few macro pics of what used to be the new growth, but now is nugs forming, do they hang out on top of the leafs? or under like regular mites? TBH this has been in the back of my head but kinda was hoping I never encounter such a microscopic/fucked up bug.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

you went too early too the hps, flower with the mh until you see atleast nickel size flowers and then switch and the light is way too close......over working the plants
You think I switched to HPS too early? That sounds a what do you usually flower under till you see the nickel sized flowers? I started them out on dimmed hps lighting and then gradually up the wattage, assuming I don't run out of ceiling room.

S

swisscheese

You usually need about 60x to see them and check the new growth first. They are all over the stem usually and new growth top and bottom. Look into it so you can hopefully cross it off your list of issues.

jonfd

jonfd

You think I switched to HPS too early? That sounds a what do you usually flower under till you see the nickel sized flowers? I started them out on dimmed hps lighting and then gradually up the wattage, assuming I don't run out of ceiling room.
I'll flower with the mh till I atleast see the flowers and doing so will also help on controlling the stretch your getting, and remember the hps light tends to yellow most strains

jonfd

jonfd

and joe be careful when foliar spraying in the flower very easy way to end up with bud rot if your not careful

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'll flower with the mh till I atleast see the flowers and doing so will also help on controlling the stretch your getting, and remember the hps light tends to yellow most strains

I've been talking to a lot of people lately about using MH in flower in various ways. Most theorize that it has a lot to do with the UV light these emit. I think a mix of MH and HPS is one good way to go; or, just use HPS and supplement UV with a specific lighting system especially designed for it.

and joe be careful when foliar spraying in the flower very easy way to end up with bud rot if your not careful

Easy way to avoid this is to foliar spray when there is at least 3 hours of 'daylight' left (or better yet right before the lights come on), and to be sure you have plenty of air movement throughout your grow room along with good humidity management.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Did you finish up that run w/ jacks ttystikk? just bunch of deficiency problems similar to mine? are you still running RDWC? w/ jacks? I'm not positive it's the micros causing the probs but I think I should definitely get some micros to make sure, I just wish I could find it locally rather than order and pay shipping. I want to change my numbers to be closer to HG aquaflakes to see if it will work out better in a RDWC.

Yes, I did finish the run and it was disappointing. Jacks and RDWC don't seem to be working out too well for me. How do I know? The only change made recently was to rooting media, went from RDWC to 50/50 coco/hydroton dtw style and the plants are doing things I'd never seen before. I have a cherry lime pheno that no matter what I did in the past was always deficient in something, usually calcium- and this persisted, in spite of all adjustments. This time, the same pheno is showing that it's well fed and is growing far more healthy shoots and leaves than ever before... and this is happening FAST.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Just a FYI, you dont want to foliar before lights come on as the stomata of the plants are closed. Same with about 30 minutes to an hour after lights go off. Your spray will be much more effective if the plant stomata is open when you spray.

As a side note, same deal with CO2, you dont want to use CO2 before your lights come on and the plant stomata has opened. Have read that elevated levels of CO2 can actually prevent the stomata from opening up. I am looking for the source link to the data......

As far as the Op's plant issues, I think Seamaiden nailed it correctly.

Top Bottom