Farmers i need some insight

• Thread starter Alice D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkeydon

Up hill or downhill you roll like a true soul soldier. The fact that you make it to the long run and you tread your path humbly sets you and your skills/product apart from the norm.
Let me ask, when you bring air in do you also push air out? Or is your room sealed besides your pull intake? I'm thinking you have a sealed room besides you fresh air wash? If so try to do a passive intake with a filtered exhaust. I think your rooms atmosphere would benefit from a little bit of both. I run a 8 in fan off a carbon filter to exhaust my rooms. I have a 3 in filtered abs pipe passively bringing in fresh air (Bring pulled by exhaust fan). You will feel the door try and close itself and hold itself closed if done properly (creating a vacuum pressure). It has really made my atmosphere a easier thing to deal with And change. I have reducers and a plug on my 3 in. to pull exactly what I want and like depending on outdoor environment. No matter the size, my exhaust fan stays on. Even plugged I have a vacuum so I know air is being pulled from somewhere. Anyway I'm high and rambling and I'm sure you got it taken care of.
I look forward to your next trip out this way.

D

donkeydon

hey alice. sorry bro my co2 about killed them when I used it the first run.I do like the idea of venting our sealed rooms. I was thinking just vent out to my rez room?. 8 inch fan will empty a room with a quickness.

D

donkeydon

alice did venting and water /humidity ever fluctuate on you after that? /just thinking out loud/ I know yur slayin dragons today

D

donkeydon

Yes I do run co2 and I too thought I would be dumping my co2 out my exhaust but the Co2 stays in my room very well. My exhaust fan and filter is mounted up above everything. Now I have a 4 by 4 room that everything is exhausted out of there. So my Co2 and my passive intake is in my room and my filtered exhaust is with my electrical room/ ballast room. It also keeps my ballast room at a decent temp pulling that heat out. My passive intake has been closed for two runs now. I keep my exhaust filter running which is pulling air from my sealed grow room creating that vacuum pressure in both rooms, grow and ballast room. Even though I have my room as sealed as I can air still is being pulled through enough cracks or the drywall itself to make the vacuum and keep my atmosphere dialed. My co2 burner kicks on and off the same as when i run my filter or not. In early veg i don't turn my filter on i just run a sealed room. I can see when they are needing that atmosphere change as they grow and start adding to the environment themselves. If i kept everything closed i would see slow growth and stupid little deficiencies that are atmosphere caused not nute or plant related. As soon as I plug that filter in the girls pick up and start to really take off. It seems this all starts to change as my plants have gotten well rooted and start to demand some control of the room they own... haha. So, at the same time I drop my lights kick on my chiller and give my first co2 bump I also kick on that filter...
hey free hope you are good man . ive been thinking on the atmospheric scrubber idea .its one of those things where you slap your forhead and go/ bing/ and the light kicked on.is the goal to evacuate room every 15 /10 /5 minutes? .I know my( lwh) will give me a total . just wondering . summer and winter will have an effect to im sure.im keeping portables handy for high r/h here.

D

donkeydon

I used to run my room similar with great results. I only ran like 6 lights air cooled but never even needed a AC for the flowering room. Pretty brisk air up here so that intake was enough. Now that I think about it got away with one cheap deheuy too. Do you run Co2 in your room? I guess that's why I sealed everything up super tight. I have my filter fan just exchanging air in the room but recently added a 8" fresh air in it comes on every other hour. Totally makes sense to get rid of that super humid air (when plants are actually transpiring) at least on a timer for the night cycle when don't need to worry about burner burning heating up the place. Shoot save money on power and these commercial deheuys are no joke exspensive. Talk soon. Thanks man
hey alice d im stoned and wrote on the wrong one.lollll good weed/good friends/lifes good/peace

Alice D

Alice D

Alice D, did you ever figure out what the problem was here?
After all the issues what I come to the conclusion of is phosphorus deficiency caused by using to many boosters/additives. It's my guess,still did fairly well but after 15+ years doing this I'm still nowhere near 2 grams per watt or 3-4 potatoes per 1000. Not that I don't think it's doable. Anything is possible but I've never seen over 1 gram per watt. I'm always using excessive amounts of light. Throwing verts in as many will fit without burning everything up.
On the venting of the room,I never got around to this but next run I'm going to vent occasionally just to help control excessive amounts of humidity in the night cycle. Going to get some new water filtration for the foggers and all the AC water/Deheuy water is going down the drain. Going to try and minimize it as much as possible with venting and keeping proper temp/humidity.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
yeah, sometimes the problem isn't as complicated as where our minds go . . . where was your tds and how much had you bumped it up before the problems started?

Top Bottom