Fast early yellowing and leaves pointing up.Help please.

• Thread starter CookingBrownie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Should i remove all the yellow leaves or let them fall? Should i leave the ones that are not 100 % lifeless?
Let them wither before you pluck them, just don’t leave dead ones lying around, they attract bugs. I keep a can full then till them under. Another thing about vpd, its the leaf temp not ambient so on a bright sunny day the leaves would benefit from uv shade. I can’t control outdoor climate so tonight when its 66°F and 80% humidity and i know the girls are barely breathing, theres not much i can do, its a race to the finish.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Take off all the ones that all the way yellow and over half yellow. Leaves do not heal.
You will find it more difficult to correctly diagnose with them there.

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Let them wither before you pluck them, just don’t leave dead ones lying around, they attract bugs. I keep a can full then till them under. Another thing about vpd, its the leaf temp not ambient so on a bright sunny day the leaves would benefit from uv shade. I can’t control outdoor climate so tonight when its 66°F and 80% humidity and i know the girls are barely breathing, theres not much i can do, its a race to the finish.
Wow sometimes at night it gets likw 50 55 F for a few hours and 90 % humidity. But what about the leaves pointing up its like half the plant tops are ponting up and the other half not too much. Havent checked them at night.
From 1 week its permanently those leaves are pointing up like a claw.Other plants pointing up as wel but a lot leas like in a sweet spot with only a few yellowing leaves.Also the leaves and fans that dont recieve much light should they be droppy ?

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

After swelling 100% bloom

If you mix the veg and bloom there you have a good ratio start to finish. Switching to bloom only after swelling.

For plants that size I'd say you can prob feed 80-100% of recommended but better to little than to much. So 50-75% and watch for the reaction to nitrogen. Give it about 5 days after ferting to see the results, it won't happen over night.

Because you are looking for nitrogen pay attention to new growth for tips clawing downward deep deep green and shiny leaf appearance.

I can't tell you how much is right but I would water them a bit more.

Now understand that with your temps it's also playing a role here and as a plant ages it will also naturally shed older less efficient leaves. Usually starting around the 60 day mark.

Your looking for new healthy growth and a reduction in the new leaves that start to fade.

Any leaves fading will continue and there will be some naturally also.
Humidity above 50%, the northeast has been running close to 80% for a couple weeks now.
Yellowin not stoping and also continues on new growth …. And other plants…..
That is another plant

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Fuck this is another plant …..1 branch from whole plant

CF641980 BEB6 47E5 BADE 2EF346DCD24E
CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Has a root zone issue been ruled out?
I dont know how to test ph of soil when im growing in ground.I have 1 auto in a pot that is yellowing really bad and runoff was 6.3 PH watering with 6.6 Water.Well i might have root aphids but only seen a few.

HighRootz

HighRootz

I dont know how to test ph of soil when im growing in ground.I have 1 auto in a pot that is yellowing really bad and runoff was 6.3 PH watering with 6.6 Water.Well i might have root aphids but only seen a few.
Look up on how to do a slurry test on your soil, that should give you an idea of how acidic/alkaline your soil is. Given, cannabis is a very hardy plant and can thrive in the wild where ground ph can be different. I couldn't plant directly into the ground on our property in Washington state cuz the grounds was too acidic as with here at my house in San Diego, CA, the ground is basically clay. I have to amend the ground before planting anything. If your plant is yellowing on a pot very fast, let her dry out before watering to the point she droops a bit. She could also be telling you that she doesn't prefer the media and/or nutrients you're giving her

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Slurry Test
I did ph soil test
20 ml soil from the root zone
40 ml deionized water
Stirring really good then waiting 30 minutes and doing a ph test with a pen
It came out 6.3 - 6.5 - dont know what is happening.I did a test with the runoff water from the autoflowr in the pot which also has yellow leaves and it came 6.3 when watering with a 6.6 phed water only first drops.
The yellowing continues really bad and those parts bud stopped growing.It allso affectmy other plants

I have one which is good and I brqnch is almost all yellow from down to top and it isnt a branch that isnt getting light.Really angry dont know what to do…….

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

What and how often are you feeding?
Veg 3 - 1 - 3
Bloom 2-2-4. Rec dose 5ml/L i give 2.5ml/L the whole grow
PK booster 0-9-10 Rec dose 1ml/L i give 0.5ml/L

PK booster week 4 to 6

i watered with 2ml/L Veg nutrient and 2.5 ml /L Bloom nutrient because everyone said it was N def and i watered them with aged chicken manure tea also .
I feed them nutrients every 2rd watering

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

5 - 12 - 17
I've added up what you are feeding. This is only the numbers you gave me. I did not add the various extras you listed.
I think if you add them in, you will see that you are not giving a balanced feed which can cause a buildup style lockout.
When is the last time you aerated the soil?

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

I've added up what you are feeding. This is only the numbers you gave me. I did not add the various extras you listed.
I think if you add them in, you will see that you are not giving a balanced feed which can cause a buildup style lockout.
When is the last time you aerated the soil?
No i use veg in veg im in flower 4 and use only bloom and PK booster so its 2-11-14The soil was aerated 4 days ago makin holes with the fork 30 40 cm from the stem as fellow growers suggested.
I have several years experience last year grow amazing plants with only a few problems same nutes .Dont know but the plant is dying almost half of it looks pale and bud stop.growing

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The white cloth you put down is helping to keep your root zone temps down. Have you checked the roots of any plant yet?

You have been doing this for a number of years, so I'm guessing you've already tried all the regular stuff.
Something is stopping them from uptaking nitrogen. We just need to figure out what it is.

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

The white cloth you put down is helping to keep your root zone temps down. Have you checked the roots of any plant yet?

You have been doing this for a number of years, so I'm guessing you've already tried all the regular stuff.
Something is stopping them from uptaking nitrogen. We just need to figure out what it is.
What do you mean by checkint the rootw its Semptembre max temp is 26 celsius no problem of root temp maybe problem is at night is getting like 10 12 Celsius.
Checked ph of roots of the most worst plant and it was 6.3 6.5 PH .

This is another plant it is in great condition until 2 days ago when 1 branch started yellowing and looking Lime Green Pale bud stop growing…..:::
Dont know what to do got 3 4 weeks until harvest

9573CEB3 CA59 487D 823E BB59684C8890
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What do you mean by checkint the rootw its Semptembre max temp is 26 celsius no problem of root temp maybe problem is at night is getting like 10 12 Celsius.
Checked ph of roots of the most worst plant and it was 6.3 6.5 PH .

This is another plant it is in great condition until 2 days ago when 1 branch started yellowing and looking Lime Green Pale bud stop growing…..:::
Dont know what to do got 3 4 weeks until harvest
plants in picture look fine, if anything could use a bit of nitrogen..
looks good

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

plants in picture look fine, if anything could use a bit of nitrogen..
looks good
No it doesnt look fine because were u see the pale looking branch the bud there stopped growing stopped resin production it isnt very sticky as the others.And that is happening on other plants as well

I watered as all told me to boost N with half strenght Veg nute and half strenght Bloom ditched the PK booster and watered with aged Chicken Manure as well as it has N and all elements micro and macro.

I did another soil slurry test and it came 7.1 in the most critical plant 7 in the plant. That has begin symptoms and 6.8 in a Durban Poison which is doing most good of all with less symptoms and green leaves but not lime green as the plants with the problems and bud production is at peek.
Made little hole around roots dig 20 30 ml of soil then distilled water stirring 30 minutes to cool down then PH test with a pen.
Can the high PH of the medium cause that damage it isnt very high for so

Leaves are not pointing straight up like the others and are starting to point more up on the plants that develop those symptoms . I know praying is good but i dont think it is good now.
The plant that has the worst conditions is doing very bad branches that are affected almost has no bud as th ones that are with darker green leaves….

That is durban poison with the other plant branch is all yellow almost no bud.The plant is giant

644F13EF 916A 4389 80D0 B7B9D61E4AFB

Latest posts

Top Bottom