Fast early yellowing and leaves pointing up.Help please.

• Thread starter CookingBrownie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After swelling 100% bloom
Sorry for being a little annoying but you look like you have wide knowledge of gro wing. I have a veg booster also
Veg 3 - 1 - 3
Bloom 2-2-4. Rec dose 5ml/L i give 2.5ml/L the whole grow
PK booster 0-9-10 Rec dose 1ml/L i give 0.5ml/L

What should be my dose of mls per 10 Liters of water? To keep it going. Now i give only Bloom and PK booster every 2rd watering
If you mix the veg and bloom there you have a good ratio start to finish. Switching to bloom only after swelling.

For plants that size I'd say you can prob feed 80-100% of recommended but better to little than to much. So 50-75% and watch for the reaction to nitrogen. Give it about 5 days after ferting to see the results, it won't happen over night.

Because you are looking for nitrogen pay attention to new growth for tips clawing downward deep deep green and shiny leaf appearance.

I can't tell you how much is right but I would water them a bit more.

Now understand that with your temps it's also playing a role here and as a plant ages it will also naturally shed older less efficient leaves. Usually starting around the 60 day mark.

Your looking for new healthy growth and a reduction in the new leaves that start to fade.

Any leaves fading will continue and there will be some naturally also.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Swelling ? It means ?
It is around 4 week of flowering.
Once the buds stop growing or just before. Usually week 5-7 depending on the flower time and genetics.

At this point all you can do is get the a bit of nitrogen for the next week or 2 and adjust next grow. Just don't cut the nitrogen at all until after stretch the a slight reduction until swelling is almost done. After that you can go full bloom.

But keep in mind P demands drop pretty much with N demands and K demands will increase. Now that's in a perfect world but your nutrients may not allow for that and just keeping them more balanced will eliminate the issues your seeing here.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Thought it was eating from the bottom to the top lol.Good that i know that now.
Well the tops look pale lime green/yellowish .A few branches are really strange color and 1 half of the plant is green and the other one looks like lime yellow.
That is a almost top branch doesnt the color look strange ?

Sometimes at night it gets down to 8 10 Celsius but others not showing those signs
Dont want to get in to other folks input and Im just gana stick to what Im seeing and sadly theres not a way to turn this around ime...
Prob is when the plant hit budset it was already low in nutrients...Early in bloom you want enough N to prepaer for the demand the plant will need as it works with the PK to form budsites and flower clusters...But imo it ran out of N even before it had a chance....So the prob will be now, how to keep PK uptake going when theres not enough N to promote the growth structure it will need to form buds and colas properly...
I have done this like anyone where most Over amend or over Feed, I pref, on untested varieties to feed them moderately till they Tell me what they require...But sadly its harder to Fix this then lets say a over Nitrated Indica which is to green and just needs less or a good flush....
But with a Pale plant your on the edge as is...so it will be a fine line to walk but possible...
You may be able to get some production with a formula of 1-5-6(N-P-K least 800-1000ppm+ pending size of plant) now ...or maybe 2-5-6 at first then a 1-5-6 next.....This "1" N variable will help PK to work effectively to finish budset and start forming proper Buds...
So at this stage dont sweat the foliage to much yet look closer at how the Buds start to develop...Cause that will tell you if your going to heavy or light...
If the Plants upper tops Green up to Much your over doing it and back off right away...Goal is to Not loose more foliage till its ready and well past budset and Full Bloom..
At full Bloom you can basically not sweat the leaves at all and focus on the Buds alone but dont remove that N 1 variable till your buds have set and are well established ...If that all makes sense...
But thats my take on whats up...hope it helps...power to it
FOE20

Madbud

Madbud

It could be vpd, if the humidity is high and temp cool the leaves can’t draw from the roots but lower leaves on the branch are closer to feed on
AE32F83D DF76 49E7 BED4 7E7AC69FF21D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dont want to get in to other folks input and Im just gana stick to what Im seeing and sadly theres not a way to turn this around ime...
Prob is when the plant hit budset it was already low in nutrients...Early in bloom you want enough N to prepaer for the demand the plant will need as it works with the PK to form budsites and flower clusters...But imo it ran out of N even before it had a chance....So the prob will be now, how to keep PK uptake going when theres not enough N to promote the growth structure it will need to form buds and colas properly...
I have done this like anyone where most Over amend or over Feed, I pref, on untested varieties to feed them moderately till they Tell me what they require...But sadly its harder to Fix this then lets say a over Nitrated Indica which is to green and just needs less or a good flush....
But with a Pale plant your on the edge as is...so it will be a fine line to walk but possible...
You may be able to get some production with a formula of 1-5-6(N-P-K least 800-1000ppm+ pending size of plant) now ...or maybe 2-5-6 at first then a 1-5-6 next.....This "1" N variable will help PK to work effectively to finish budset and start forming proper Buds...
So at this stage dont sweat the foliage to much yet look closer at how the Buds start to develop...Cause that will tell you if your going to heavy or light...
If the Plants upper tops Green up to Much your over doing it and back off right away...Goal is to Not loose more foliage till its ready and well past budset and Full Bloom..
At full Bloom you can basically not sweat the leaves at all and focus on the Buds alone but dont remove that N 1 variable till your buds have set and are well established ...If that all makes sense...
FOE20
Now that's how to explain it. Couldn't agree more although I would bump N a bit for a week maybe 2 since they are week 4 but plenty of variables so I can't really say.

Have a feeling watering and cold temps could be a slight contribution but definitely N cut way to early.

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Once the buds stop growing or just before. Usually week 5-7 depending on the flower time and genetics.

At this point all you can do is get the a bit of nitrogen for the next week or 2 and adjust next grow. Just don't cut the nitrogen at all until after stretch the a slight reduction until swelling is almost done. After that you can go full bloom.

But keep in mind P demands drop pretty much with N demands and K demands will increase. Now that's in a perfect world but your nutrients may not allow for that and just keeping them more balanced will eliminate the issues your seeing here.
Thanks a lot thats more help then i could ask for.I will add a veg nutrient along bloom and PK booster at half strenght. Hope it gets better maybe only she is suffering because she is the biggest.Gave it today Sugar royal the 9-0-0 nutrient and in a few says i’ll introduce a veg nutrient feeding with the base flowering and mayhe some cow manure tea

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

FOE20
Thanks for the answer and taking your time for my problem.
What to look for at the buds that is what i didnt understand ? For what changes? My main nutrient has 2 N should i add a little more of Veg Nutrient a few millimetres

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Thanks for the answer and taking your time for my problem.
What to look for at the buds that is what i didnt understand ? For what changes? My main nutrient has 2 N should i add a little more of Veg Nutrient a few millimetres
If you just give it a N dom formula now it may respond with a type of ReVeg growth you may not want....Id need to see the whole plant to properly diagnose...But Im suggesting more of a Balanced formula or at least a bit of N...not to much cause as said it could throw the plant into a weird growth spurt....And why you want to Balance it with a good amount of PK as well....
Like a easy shelf brand for this is Botanicare Soil Bloom 1-5-6...a lil N and a good amount of PK cause you do need to keep feeding the Budsites(PK) as well as keep the plant motivated(N)...
A bit of carbs is good at this point as well....If your not seeing more Calyx's form, minor resin production starting, and then calyx's slowly start to swell is the process your watchin for...
Cause Ive actually tried a strait N boost and it cause weird growth on certain varieties...And as said Id ned to see the plant, maybe know its parent lines and your method to fully diagnose...
Im just spit ballin man...heheh
However...I am a 53yr old Master Grower, grown 100s of varieties in almost all styles and methods......and Im not guessing about what Im talking about, as Im sure you can relate to it, if it is inl;ine with your issues... But overall follow your gut and stick to your ways without doing anything to drastic....little things can mean allot and in this case Less is not More...it actually just needs More...heheh
Even phenos from the same pools can have very different diets....Each plant should be treated as a unknown Until you know her up and down which for most takes a run or 2 least to feel it out...
power to it
FOE20

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you just give it a N dom formula now it may respond with a type of ReVeg growth you may not want....Id need to see the whole plant to properly diagnose...But Im suggesting more of a Balanced formula or at least a bit of N...not to much cause as said it could throw the plant into a weird growth spurt....And why you want to Balance it with a good amount of PK as well....
Like a easy shelf brand for this is Botanicare Soil Bloom 1-5-6...a lil N and a good amount of PK cause you do need to keep feeding the Budsites(PK) as well as keep the plant motivated(N)...
A bit of carbs is good at this point as well....If your not seeing more Calyx's form, minor resin production starting, and then calyx's slowly start to swell is the process your watchin for...
Cause Ive actually tried a strait N boost and it cause weird growth on certain varieties...And as said Id ned to see the plant, maybe know its parent lines and your method to fully diagnose...
However...I am a 53yr old Master Grower, grown 100s of varieties in almost all styles and methods......and Im not guessing about what Im talking about, as Im sure you can relate to it, if it is inl;ine with your issues... But overall follow your gut and stick to your ways without doing anything to drastic....little things can mean allot and in this case Less is not More...it actually just needs More...heheh
Even phenos from the same pools can have very different diets....Each plant should be treated as a unknown Until you know her up and down which for most takes a run or 2 least to feel it out...
power to it
FOE20
That's what I'm saying 25% grow and 75% bloom gives a pretty balanced ratio.

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

power to it
Terra Bloom - 2-2-4 reccomended 5ml/L using 2.5 ml / L
Green Sensation PK - 1ml reccomend using 0.5ml
Sugar royal - 9-0-0 used it 1 time in flowering now again cuz it got N
That is what im using currently every 2rd watering Sugar Royal 2 times during flowering which the 2th time was today.Strange thing it has an N deficiency when the whole time
I gave 3 times chicken 2 times topsoil
worm castings and the soil was composed of parts of peat perlite chicken and worm castings.Every other watering all of them were given
2.5 mlL - Grow 3-1-3
1ml/L - Power Roots 1-0-2
1ml/L - Enzymes

Power Roots is formulated with humic acids, seaweed extracts, vitamin C, B1, E, amino acids, myoinositol and alpha-tocopherol, with NPK levels of 1-0-2(organic N, 0.2% P2O5 soluble and 1.5% soluble K2O). This mixture is very easy to assimilate, for more vigorous and resistant plants of fast and effective form.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tbh at this point there is not a whole lot of correction that can be done... imo and only my opinion this was a result of cutting N to early. Through stretch they can be hogs and some strains much more so than others... not even just strains but phenos.

CookingBrownie

CookingBrownie

Tbh at this point there is not a whole lot of correction that can be done... imo and only my opinion this was a result of cutting N to early. Through stretch they can be hogs and some strains much more so than others... not even just strains but phenos.
Yea maybe i had to watch it more closely i fed all the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom