Fastest Clone Time - Explain your Method

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beans

Those rapid rooters work great last batch of cooking herbs I started were in them. very nice starter and seems to hold and work with organic nutes quickly

Thoth

Thoth

I really think that with such a soft stem tissue you could do without rooting hormone but for safety sake I use it.

You sure can root without hormones! I sometimes just cut and stick straight into damp coarse sand. Takes a little longer, maybe up to two weeks, but it works.

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

I use rapid rooters in propagation done & tray and I place two cups of water with air stones, air pump, & tubing so fresh humid air gets release inside. I regulate humidity so it's not too crazy in there. They'll root bout 6-10 days & I use cloning powder as well. Love, peace, & bud grease!

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah, i just take cuts, dip in cheap ass rooting powder and stuff into a cup of coco, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

DSCI4483

DSCI4490

my record is 5 days also but i usually leave them in these cups for close to a month before potting them up into their hempy's.

...btw, here is another version of the perlite idea donmekka spoke of, this version incorporates a reservoir to wick from and works great if you have a need for volume, ...i no longer need very many clones to feed my op.

68100 1681 Medium

68100 1682 Medium

68100 1685 Medium

68100 1686 Medium

68100 1688 Medium

68100 1689 Medium

...this isn't my work either so i take no credit, unfortunately, i forgot to save the original posters username go i can't give credit where it is due, ...although frankly, passive wick-style cloners have been around since before the Overgrow days, this just happens to be a particularly nice rendition.

peace, bozo

MrClone

MrClone

Here is my recipe for clones in 3.5-5 days max. Of course you must have a HEALTHY mom or you will not root in this time. 15 Dip in KLN then Root tech 1/4 tsp/g Pro-Tekt 1/8 tsp/g Seaweed extract, 1/4 tsp/g Superthrive. After roots start to form I will add ful-power at a 5:2 ratio with seaweed. And 12.5 tsp 50/g Flora Micro, 12.5 tsp 50/g Flora grow, 6.25 tsp 50/g Flora bloom. I will also foliar once with my kelp extract and yucca. Here are the pics of the exact stats
Acadian stats
GH mix

MrClone

MrClone

I forgot the one ingredient. I use 6.5 tsp of raw phosphorus. 50/g
360 ppm and 150 ppm is phosphorus. I also use a Triacontanol spray with the kelp extract for my moms once a week.

Last edited:
N

Nog

Started 22 in rockwool cubes; first one rooted at day 8, it's now day 10 and 15 have rooted.
I expect all of them to root. Why wouldn't they?

No secret. What seems to help though initially to stop them wilting if you don't have a humidity dome, and I do but these clones were too tall to put the dome on, is when you have cut them, leave them in a glass of water for a day and then dip the end in rooting hormone and put in the rockwool cube.

Only two things to note; after initially soaking the rockwool cubes, flick them (don't sqeeze them) to get rid of excess water, and then after that when watering them don't soak them with water, just drizzle a little bit of water on the rockwool.
You don't want them saturated. I go by the weight of the cube whether it has had too much water, and if so then I flick it to get rid of the excess.

And a heating mat is very important too.

MysteryMoog

MysteryMoog

Wow,i thought i was high tech cloning. You guys make me feel like stoneage grower...lol

I get rootz within a week or so. I use a klone king 36 along with a chiller plumbed into it, made from a dorm fridge. Temp controlled thru a temp programmer, stays within 1 degree. I use 73 degrees now, takes a day or so longer than at 78, but water stays beautifil, never going over 12ppm. I do not use any rooting compounds, just cut them and put them in the cloner. No dome either. Simple, fast, rock solid reliable.

MysteryMoog

MysteryMoog

Though my hobby has expanded... Lol cloning pine trees, oaks, all kinds of house plants, hibiscus's, etc. Discovered people love plants, so i have added gardening to the hobby, and every one i know has been getting an assortment of plants n flowers from us...lol

vangs

vangs

Rapid Cloner. Mostly RO water, small amount of Aqua shield, give it a week and presto.

Going fwd, I will turn the manifold pump off 45 min the on 15, repeat. Thirsty cuttings seem to root faster.

Just my two cents.
So when you add RO water to ur cloner, then you add alittle aqua shield, when exactly do you add the rapid start? Do you add the rapid start on day 1 with aquashield? Or do you wait until roots start to show on the cuffs and then add the rapid start?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

So when you add RO water to ur cloner, then you add alittle aqua shield, when exactly do you add the rapid start? Do you add the rapid start on day 1 with aquashield? Or do you wait until roots start to show on the cuffs and then add the rapid start?
Ugh. Starting a new regimen. Got the largest commercial cloner available. TAP water instead of RO.
Chloramine kills bacteria .That's what we want. I'm switching to antiseptic rather than probiotic. Also my buddy turned me on to KLN rooting liquid compound. Has 2x kinds of rooting hormones (not just IBA).... As soon as this cloner is rocking I promise to update !!

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

I know most guys don't need this type of break down but just in case there's anyone who does...

This is how I do it:

Things you need:
1)Heat mat
2)Dome,tray and insert
3)Perlite
4)Starter cubes
5)150 ppm water max
6)P.H up or P.H down depending on your water
7)Rooting gel
8)Rooting powder
9)Good(sharp) scissors
10)3/16 x 3" wooden dowel
11)3 washers with a 3/16" hole
12)Electrical tape
13)2L jug
14)Rapid start or roots xl, both work.
15)Small plate
16)Shot glass
17)Heat mat temp controller with probe
18)Drill with 3/8 bit
19)Hydrometer

OK, lets get to it.

1)First put an even layer of about 3/4" of perlite in your tray,

2)Take your wooden dowel and place it next to the cubes and gauge the depth of your cubes, move it up about 3/16 from the bottom of the cube and make a mark.
Next put your tape around this mark a few times, this will hold the washers in place. Now you have a sizing and depth gauge.

3) Use your new depth gauge and resize all the cubes you will be using,
Break them into 2x7 chunks. I put 25 per tray so I end up with 3 chunks and a piece of 4.

4) Next take your jug and fill it with water, balance the ph to 5.6 and add your rapid start or roots xl.
I use at it's directed strength.
Submerge your chunks of cubes in the mix and wait till they stop bubbling.
Remove them from the jug and break them up and place them in the tray in a staggered pattern like a chess board, so that none of them are beside each other.

5)Make up a new batch of water exactly the same and gently pour 1.3 liters into the tray.

6)Open your rooting gel and fill a shot glass 3/4 full

7)Open your rooting powder and pour half out on the plate

8)Select your shoots that you wish to clip, I look for soft new shoots that are not hollow or turning woody and a 3/16" minimum thickness and about 4" in length minimum.

9)Trim all the bottom leaves leaving a clean stalk

10)Cut the stem at a 45 degree angle and dip in the gel and roll it in the powder then place it gently into a cube, repeat this process until your fill the tray. I snip the edges of the leaves so they don't touch each other and cause mold problems.

11)Take your drill and drill a hole near the bottom of your dome and push the temp probe through it and tuck it under the insert so its secure and place the dome on the tray.

12) Place the tray on the mat and set the minimum temp for 24.5C, I've tried different temps and in this set up 24.5C seems best. What ever type of hydrometer you use I find that an RH of 65%-70% works best with 24.5C . You can open the top vents to hepl regulate the dome RH.

With this system you get:
-8-10 roots poking out the bottom and sides of the cubes about 1/4" in 7 days give or take 12hrs.
-Clones that are ready to go into whatever media your using in 10-12 days max and are bursting with root growth.
-90%-100% success rate(It's been a long time since I lost and and I throw away more than I use because I only take the best ones).

Also depending on the strain, when I see a explosion of root growth on all the cubes,
I either: A) Make a foliage spray and spray them or B) Use diluted solution from my veg tank and pour it in the tray.

Note: Floralicious Plus and Dynagro Bloom mix to 300ppm makes a very good food/spray for young clones that are ready to explode,

So to answer the question I get roots in 7 and transplant in 10 from a strong mom.

Cheers and happy cloning.

mikeross

mikeross

I use a dirty scissor and snip a side brach off the doner plant & simply dip the end into cheap rooting powder and into a rapid rooter plug.. they then go into a humid dome with a small CFL over it.. bam in 5-10days we got roots. no special watering for the mom, no special gel or angle cut, no heating pad etc. keep it simple
View attachment 372462

Do you give the rapid rooters a good squeeze to take out the majority of the water before plugging in clones? How often are you taking the dome off and for how long? thanks

Top Bottom