(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

As I am a personal use toker, it doesn't seem cost effective to mix. However, I am hoping to put the info I learned here to good use. I am thinking when I run out of DM Gold- V & F- A/B, I will switch to DM ONE Grow for everything, but in Flower will supplement it with DM Potash+ , and still use Silica and Zone, but probably no longer the Add.27, at least in Flower as it really cranks up the P & K, since I D2W I don't need the levels to act as buffers, just as nutes.

FYI DM One is cheap, too

M

Mmmmasonite

As I am a personal use toker, it doesn't seem cost effective to mix. However, I am hoping to put the info I learned here to good use. I am thinking when I run out of DM Gold- V & F- A/B, I will switch to DM ONE Grow for everything, but in Flower will supplement it with DM Potash+ , and still use Silica and Zone, but probably no longer the Add.27, at least in Flower as it really cranks up the P & K, since I D2W I don't need the levels to act as buffers, just as nutes.

FYI DM One is cheap, too

It is a great idea to mix and match nutes.....You can develop ur own recipe for a unique end product that keeps you a cut above the rest....I like H&G's full line with AN supplements and a few other secrets that I picked up along the way.....Top shelf baby! Peace

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

why would anybody come into a DO IT YOURSELF thread and promote commercial nutes, nevermind whole line ups?? it's about learning what goes into your nutes, and not blindly pouring bottles into your reservoir. and yes, it IS cheaper to mix your own nutes than to buy a single bottle of nutes! as a personal grower it's even more reason to mix your own, because you're not receiving an income to offset expenses.

i think i understand why fatman's veg and bloom recipes don't vary much: a balanced formula isn't balanced any more if you change something. calyxes are made of the same material as leaf...so why would they need a different nute mix? pk boosters disrupt the elemental balance, high EC disrupts osmotic balance, and they both cause lockout with prolonged use. i hypothesize it's the stress of disrupting the chemistry, rather than the actual p, that causes calyx swelling.

head at icmag 'invented' a modified lucas (6M/9B) for 3 weeks, then 0M/9B for 3 weeks and finally straight water until harvest. GH flora works out very well in hydrobuddy btw. rezdog adds 1 tsp/usgal koolbloom powder at days 15, 29 and 36. i don't see why you'd totally eliminate nitrogen and calcium, because plants can't stay healthy. head claims he drops micro because he can taste it in the final product (sure he can, lol).

M

Mmmmasonite

why would anybody come into a DO IT YOURSELF thread and promote commercial nutes, nevermind whole line ups?? it's about learning what goes into your nutes, and not blindly pouring bottles into your reservoir. and yes, it IS cheaper to mix your own nutes than to buy a single bottle of nutes! as a personal grower it's even more reason to mix your own, because you're not receiving an income to offset expenses.

i think i understand why fatman's veg and bloom recipes don't vary much: a balanced formula isn't balanced any more if you change something. calyxes are made of the same material as leaf...so why would they need a different nute mix? pk boosters disrupt the elemental balance, high EC disrupts osmotic balance, and they both cause lockout with prolonged use. i hypothesize it's the stress of disrupting the chemistry, rather than the actual p, that causes calyx swelling.

head at icmag 'invented' a modified lucas (6M/9B) for 3 weeks, then 0M/9B for 3 weeks and finally straight water until harvest. GH flora works out very well in hydrobuddy btw. rezdog adds 1 tsp/usgal koolbloom powder at days 15, 29 and 36. i don't see why you'd totally eliminate nitrogen and calcium, because plants can't stay healthy. head claims he drops micro because he can taste it in the final product (sure he can, lol).

Do what you do...It's all good....Just sayin what works for me and what my patients love.....Peace

T

T1420

Freedom of speech is limited?? just browsing, and seen this....in my opinion people have LDS "little D syndrome" I can see an opposing opinion on ones views, but one should have the decency to ignore what one percieves as ignorrance, and look the other way. I like to see rebuttals but there is a need for opposing views to exist, but one should not be bannished because of his perception..... just ignored.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Do what you do...It's all good....Just sayin what works for me and what my patients love.....Peace

i apologize for riffing off you. i just wanted to keep the thread on topic. bless you for helping patients.

god forbid we say fact is opinion, big is small, and trolling is free speech.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

whats up farmers!!! imabout to hit the great outdoors up and was wondering the breakdown of heavy harvest. should i even use a time released fert?? thanks you guys have kept the fert companies and snake oil salesman from greasing my pocket!! cant thank you guys enough.

M

Mmmmasonite

whats up farmers!!! imabout to hit the great outdoors up and was wondering the breakdown of heavy harvest. should i even use a time released fert?? thanks you guys have kept the fert companies and snake oil salesman from greasing my pocket!! cant thank you guys enough.

Just use Bat guano from the caves where you live or get some Budswel which is some bad ass liquid bat guano......When I was in Thailand you could just sweep the bat shit from the porch and put it in ur plants....Some of the greenest plants i have ever seen..That's all you need if you gotta green thumb....You can also do some hippie rain dancin.....I heard that helps......Peace

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

heavy harvest is really high in heavy metals (maybe that's what makes it 'heavy' harvest?) spring is 2-1-1, summer is 0.87-1-0.73, and autumn is 0.93-1-1.07. it's interesting that they don't use recognised optimal ratios, and finish with basically a 5-5-5. nature doesn't magically alter its soil composition every few months, so i doubt the benefit of heavy's feed schedule.

i can appreciate the convenience of slow release over a 5-6 month season. how you fertilize depends on what's already in the soil, and using slow release just blurs what's going in at any time. my best results (very good by any measure) outdoors came with 1-0.5-1 (pureblend original grow) throughout flower in soil amended with cow manure.

i think outdoors needs very light feedings, and low phosphorus or else you kill the soil biology - something like 3-2-4 or 7-4-10. i've read of organic growers planting high P spikes in the soil, so that the plant gets its P, without hurting the surrounding soil biology.

D

Donkdbz

Dry measurement. I need to find my notes on my sugars. I use a simple and complex sugar along with the xylitol. I need to read about the xylitol, but I remember I was told to use it because of it's outer ring. I lack in chem to remember.JK

Any thoughts on waxy maize starch?
or Erythritol, a ployol (sugar alcohol) its similar to Xylitol 5.50 a pound

for simple sugar is dextrose good?

and for the complex maltodextrin?

O

Orygone

Sensi Grow mimic?

I've been using the connie mimic in post #257 with great results.

Any chance of a kind soul listing the components and amounts to mimic Sensi Grow (A is 3-0-0 and B is 2-2-5)? I have the components listed in post #257.

I've beat on Hydrobuddy for a while but there appears to be a learning curve, and last time I paid retail for a couple 4l containers I was grinding my teeth, knowing that I already own the materials.

Thanks in advance!

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Sensi grow (without ph perfect)
npk-ca-mg 308-54-255-320-43
this formula gives 314-56-253-315-43.

A
KNO3 (44% K) 47.0 g
Ca(NO3)2 (15% N) 165.7 g
Iron DPTA (11% Fe) 6.7 g

B
MgSO4 43.7 g
MKP (46% P) 28.0 g

this makes 1 L of 100x solution. 10 ml/L should give 2.3 mS.

note: I've mentioned before that I use DNF salts atm, and using other purity salts will throw your results off. NPK and Ca are highly interrelated - that's why i write NPKCa. they're the numbers you have to juggle to get the formula right. ppl group NPKMg because they're the mobile nutrients, however, when calculating nutes Mg is a stand alone element; that's why i put the Mg number last. run my salt purity through hydrobuddy until you get my weights, and then input your purities to give you a proper result using your salts. hth

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Can't seem to locate it now. Would like to speak to the person who wrote the following comment excerpt

"There are mainly two types that are based on former and newer scientific results.

1. about 180 N versus 220 P, is the more recommended formula for a hot, tropical or not fully climate controlled and rather warm indoor climate (high light heat output).

2. 220 N versus 180K (could vary but for the sake of simplicity, I'll just reverse it, as it is damn close) for a cooler climate or if you prefer, growing conditions clearly under 20-25° C."

budboy299

budboy299

yeah SP, it says May 31 for their "expected date" on the P silicate

By that time I should have found a couple more goodies to add in with my order.

O

organicfreak

hi friends
kelp4less "the ebay store squar push you recomended to me has potasium silica 1lb makes 4 gallons of concentrate I belive for 10$ish shipped.
He has kelp,fulvic,humic,amino acid's,myco's,silica,feed grade molasse,calnit,mkp etc..

Heres is a liquid fulvic acid recipe

FYI If you buy 1lb of fulvic for 20$ @ kelp4less make 1gal 10% fulvic acid solution....
3768 ml in a gallon(imho make a quart out of 1/4lb thats 942ml)

To hit optimum fulvic acid target ppm in solution you would use approximately 40ml of 8% fulvic acid concentrate added to 960ml of water. This would give you a 1L concentrate product (similar to something you buy in hydro stores)"LIKE GRANDAMAS ENERGY F-1" that would then be used at approximately 2ml/L in the nutrient tank/reservoir

Also found flora hydroponics on the net has
hafia
all soluable greenhouse grade if applicable
1.mkp
2.potasium nitrate
3.magnesium nitrat
4. calnit (not hafia)
5. water soluable MAP (not hafia) found @ hydro-garden

O

organicfreak

Organic clone recipe....

Organic clone recipe....

(imho instead of waisting your $ on clonex ,or olivas clone solution"not the gel's")
usage direction for THESE PRODUCTS FYI clonex 40ml/QUARTolivias 60ml/QUART"fucking outrageous"

Organic clone recipe
2 0z. aloe vera juice (trader joe's has for 10$ish a gallon)
3.75 ml. powdered kelp
1/2 oz. fulvic acid (concentrate product (similar to something you buy in hydro stores) "like grandmas energy f-1"

i also bought powder thiamine and add that @ 100mg (imho more soluable then crushing up pills)

all this is for 1 gallon of feed mix THIS IS NOT A CONCENTRATE
I like to make the gallon and pour a quart in my trays soak and then remove the tray with holes from tray with solution in it so medium can dry out & repeat every 24-48 hrs.. So basicall 1 gallon will last me a week....

O

organicfreak

update from jalisco kids carboload recipe...

I was confussed by his recipe,but think I figured it out plz check me if I'm wrong

What confussed me was i was trying to make a liquid recipe when actually his was the powder version (no longer on A.n. site)

1. Table sugar SIMPLE SUGAR
2. Xylitol (made by NOW)
3. carbo gain (made by NOW) COMPLEX SUGAR 30$ for a 8lb

Since this is a powder recipe he just mixes them all 3 together in equal parts

He state's that he use's 1.5tsp gal or 7.5ml/gal
BUT if you dont want to mix them all toghether you could do 2.5ml/gal of each...

If you read hydro sites that carry powder form carboload they recomend
1.25tsp/gal
and they also recomend mixing into small pitcher of water and letting it desolve then adding that to resivoir...
They also say you can use in veg
Since I'm using myco's/bacteria I'm using it in veg as well all the way thru FUCK MOLASSES dirty stinky shit lol imho...

oh man, i was up till 2am reading this whole thread. I'm hooked! So has anybody thought to do stickies of their grow/bloom formula's so that they are easier to find or have I just not found that?

you guys are awesome!

Top Bottom