(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

fuck me, fell asleep last night reading this thread, and finished it up this morning

loading the shot gun as we speak, I can now confirm my dyslexia

I know they are not self mixed, but I have been reading great things about jack's pro hydro+ cal nit and maxibloom with koolbloom. Im trying to figure out they compare to JK or fatmans profile.

any help would be greatly appreciated

I've been playing around with hydrobuddy and rereading this and other threads... slowly making sense although I am no where close to doing up my own solution.

I'd be curious why people go with the mixes that they do, or their theory on the relationship between the various NPK values, etc.

I sent my tap water off for analysis so that I can plug that info into hydrobuddy

they did, but it was a large range and not very clear or what I really wanted to know. it only cost me $26 for a complete breakdown, so I was like why not :)

K

kuz

fuck me, fell asleep last night reading this thread, and finished it up this morning

loading the shot gun as we speak, I can now confirm my dyslexia

I know they are not self mixed, but I have been reading great things about jack's pro hydro+ cal nit and maxibloom with koolbloom. Im trying to figure out they compare to JK or fatmans profile.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Are they using the 5-12-26? The cannastats spread sheet floating around the web is good for figuring out what a lot of different things all add up to, just need the amounts and guaranteed analysis.

M

mrdizzle

thanks bud Im restarting this thread with a pad an paper next too me

O

organicfreak

Canna pk boost recippe?

hi friends

Many people boast of the amazing affect you get from foliar feeding with the canna boost..

However shit is expensive and its gotta be mostly MKP right? maybe some calmag...

Going to add diy calmag+,diy kelp,fulvic,humic,amino acid mix...
Would be sweet to have a diy boost..
To make the perfect Flower foliar feed line up..

Any opions/ideas?

thanks
o

i'd be curious if there was a less expensive version of boost. since i'm still on my first crop using it, i won't know if it is really worth it

squarepusher

squarepusher

hi friends

Many people boast of the amazing affect you get from foliar feeding with the canna boost..

However shit is expensive and its gotta be mostly MKP right? maybe some calmag...

Going to add diy calmag+,diy kelp,fulvic,humic,amino acid mix...
Would be sweet to have a diy boost..
To make the perfect Flower foliar feed line up..

Any opions/ideas?

thanks
o

Canna boost actually has a plant growth regulator, Triacontanol the active ingredient.

Square,

did you ever list the recipe you are using for your plants?

HI, I use something very similar to an Advanced Nutrients. So, like 3-1-2 for veg, and 2-1-2 (plus bloom booster, so in the end, 2-1-4 about) for flower.

For additives, I like to use kelp and fulvic acid (and cal mag since im in coco). Although I'd say my knowledge of fertilizer is much higher than my growing skills :) last run I had a few mites and then got some budrot on some buds.

Canna boost actually has a plant growth regulator, Triacontanol the active ingredient.

HI, I use something very similar to an Advanced Nutrients. So, like 3-1-2 for veg, and 2-1-2 (plus bloom booster, so in the end, 2-1-4 about) for flower.

For additives, I like to use kelp and fulvic acid (and cal mag since im in coco). Although I'd say my knowledge of fertilizer is much higher than my growing skills :) last run I had a few mites and then got some budrot on some buds.

did you use hydrobuddy to give you the ratios?

I ordered a bunch of stuff at www.plantsthatproduce.com Getting 2.5 g of pH down for like 18 bucks.

in your opinion, are there any negatives to fatman's recirc formula? I'm growing in grow rocks with an ebb and flow table.

what ratios are you using for your kelp and fulvic acid? is your system a drain to waste or recirc?

i thought i saw sea kelp and a fulvic acid in some of my canna products...

sorry to hear about the mites and mold :( i have a dehumidifier being delivered tomorrow.

was shocked that my plants sucked down about 400ppm worth of nutrients in one cycle from a 90 gal reservoir

squarepusher

squarepusher

did you use hydrobuddy to give you the ratios?

I ordered a bunch of stuff at www.plantsthatproduce.com Getting 2.5 g of pH down for like 18 bucks.

in your opinion, are there any negatives to fatman's recirc formula? I'm growing in grow rocks with an ebb and flow table.

what ratios are you using for your kelp and fulvic acid? is your system a drain to waste or recirc?

i thought i saw sea kelp and a fulvic acid in some of my canna products...

sorry to hear about the mites and mold :( i have a dehumidifier being delivered tomorrow.

was shocked that my plants sucked down about 400ppm worth of nutrients in one cycle from a 90 gal reservoir

yeah I use hydrobuddy mostly when I make custom formulas. Fatman has a good formula. For kelp/fulvic, I am not sure exactly, I usually 'eyeball' some in. I think about 1 gram for 4 Liters is fine. Also, check out kelp4less on ebay, they have some good kelp and fulvics reasonably priced.

I'll check them out.

here is another place to get http://www.super-grow.biz/Triacontanol.jsp but the guy is off enjoying himself in asia currently :)

how did you find out about Triacontanol in Boost?

for some reason i can't seem to get the right salt amounts when i plug Fatman's formula into hydrobuddy. i wonder if it has something to do with the newer version

squarepusher

squarepusher

I'll check them out.

here is another place to get http://www.super-grow.biz/Triacontanol.jsp but the guy is off enjoying himself in asia currently :)

how did you find out about Triacontanol in Boost?

for some reason i can't seem to get the right salt amounts when i plug Fatman's formula into hydrobuddy. i wonder if it has something to do with the newer version

over on a different forum, this guy Yosemite Sam has a nice grow going, he uses Ca25 and its a Triacontanol product.. It was discussed there I believe. Super-grow is a nice site, too bad he doesn't sell anymore. eBay has some sellers, I haven't used it yet, apparently barley has the same ingredient I think, so you can use barley too if you want.

are you saying you can't get fatman's formula to work out? He was known for some math mistakes here and there. You can go off one of the big brand names, or 3-1-2 is a nice started for vegging.

So the issue I'm having is that I input the ratio's like Crysmatic had posted and after the formula he lists the breakdown of salts needed. I can never seem to get close to what Crysmatic lists. I wondered if it might be due to him having used a different version of hydrobuddy or me more than likely making a mistake. what I'll do is try it again and post my results. maybe you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

what site was yosemite sam on?

So here is the bloom formula I am following. I'd normally want to just add the salts to a tank versus doing up concentrate, but I followed it to make sure I was doing things correctly:

fatmans's Bloom Recirculation 05-24-2010

ppm

Nitrogen 293
Phosphorus 80
Potassium 350
Magnesium 91
Calcium 268
Sulfur 120
Iron 10.00
Manganese 5.00
Boron 5.00
Zinc 5.00
Copper 1.00
Molybdenum .0009

Ounces

Part A

Calcium Nitrate 17.7
Potassium Nitrate 4.3
Iron Chelate 1.35

Part B

Potassium Nitrate 4.3
MonoPotassium Phosphate5.0
Magnesium Sulfate12.2
Manganese Sulfate .269
Boric Acid / Solubor .368
Zinc Sulfate .291
Copper Sulfate .059
Ammonium Molybdate .001

Volume of Stock Solutions 1 Gallon each of Part A and Part B
Dilution Rate 100

Here is what I got:
resulting ppm
NO3- 300.992
K 347.136
P 80
Ca 262.415
S 121.989
Fe 10
Zn 5
B 5
Cu 1
Mo .009
Na 3.004
Cl 3
Mn 5

For substances:

A potassium nitrate 11.987
A iron edta 1.026
A Calcium Nitrate (tetrahydrate) 19.861

B Magnesium Sulfate (heptahydrate) 11.917
B Sodium Molybdate (dihydrate) 0
B Zinc Sulfate (dihydrate) .202
B Manganese Sulfate (monohydrate) .205
B Copper sulfate (pentahydrate) .052
B Boric Acid .382
B Phosphoric Acid(30%) 11.264

Any thoughts?

much appreciated!

squarepusher

squarepusher

So here is the bloom formula I am following. I'd normally want to just add the salts to a tank versus doing up concentrate, but I followed it to make sure I was doing things correctly:

fatmans's Bloom Recirculation 05-24-2010

ppm

Nitrogen 293
Phosphorus 80
Potassium 350
Magnesium 91
Calcium 268
Sulfur 120
Iron 10.00
Manganese 5.00
Boron 5.00
Zinc 5.00
Copper 1.00
Molybdenum .0009

Ounces

Part A

Calcium Nitrate 17.7
Potassium Nitrate 4.3
Iron Chelate 1.35

Part B

Potassium Nitrate 4.3
MonoPotassium Phosphate5.0
Magnesium Sulfate12.2
Manganese Sulfate .269
Boric Acid / Solubor .368
Zinc Sulfate .291
Copper Sulfate .059
Ammonium Molybdate .001

Volume of Stock Solutions 1 Gallon each of Part A and Part B
Dilution Rate 100

Here is what I got:
resulting ppm
NO3- 300.992
K 347.136
P 80
Ca 262.415
S 121.989
Fe 10
Zn 5
B 5
Cu 1
Mo .009
Na 3.004
Cl 3
Mn 5

For substances:

A potassium nitrate 11.987
A iron edta 1.026
A Calcium Nitrate (tetrahydrate) 19.861

B Magnesium Sulfate (heptahydrate) 11.917
B Sodium Molybdate (dihydrate) 0
B Zinc Sulfate (dihydrate) .202
B Manganese Sulfate (monohydrate) .205
B Copper sulfate (pentahydrate) .052
B Boric Acid .382
B Phosphoric Acid(30%) 11.264

Any thoughts?

much appreciated!

HI 1976, I didn't get a chance to inspect your post fully, but it seems that you got the same formula that Fatman listed? 293 ppm nitrogen is pretty close to 300 ppm nitrogen, I wouldn't worry about the small difference. Is that the issue you are having? ssry,, had a big lunch maybe I'm missing exactly what you are saying isn't matching up .... peace.

i can live with the small ppm differences as you guys have made it clear it doesn't matter that much, but my concern was whether or not i did something else wrong as the amounts of each salt for the a and b formula are different amounts.

i want to make sure i'm doing it correctly before i start doing my own so am therefore trying to do a control experiment. for example, i have potassium nitrate at 11.987 whereas Crysmatic listed 4.3

squarepusher

squarepusher

i can live with the small ppm differences as you guys have made it clear it doesn't matter that much, but my concern was whether or not i did something else wrong as the amounts of each salt for the a and b formula are different amounts.

i want to make sure i'm doing it correctly before i start doing my own so am therefore trying to do a control experiment. for example, i have potassium nitrate at 11.987 whereas Crysmatic listed 4.3

OK, I see what you are saying. I would trust hydro buddy, Fatman was notorious for math mistakes.

Top Bottom