• Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Hmmm....with my longhand calcs I come up with these to make 1 liter direct:

310.52mg CaNit
229.17mg MgNit
84mg Fe

I can't match this up to yours --- what am I doing wrong?
one moment, I will use my Clairvoyance and read through your notes and tell you whats wrong

C

cottonfarmer

Interesting...when you plug the ppm #s into HydroBuddy as determined from the label it will not reach the target for Ca --- it sticks at 8. BUT, if you plug the determined ppms into HydroBuddy WITHOUT plugging in the 37 for N the darn thing hits the target Mg & Ca but shows N to be 73 --- the same I get with hand calcs. It's as if Daniel has it programed to limit N ratios or something....

squarepusher

squarepusher

Interesting...when you plug the ppm #s into HydroBuddy as determined from the label it will not reach the target for Ca --- it sticks at 8. BUT, if you plug the determined ppms into HydroBuddy WITHOUT plugging in the 37 for N the darn thing hits the target Mg & Ca but shows N to be 73 --- the same I get with hand calcs. It's as if Daniel has it programed to limit N ratios or something....
Daniel probably prioritized N for results over Ca/Mg. So if you want to do the opposite, you are correct just leave out N.

C

cottonfarmer

Also, the same can be accomplished by setting the 'Degree of Freedom' to N........

icemaiden

icemaiden

Flora Micro is approximately 72g CaNO3, and 5g KNO3 + trace
Flora Bloom is approximately 24g KH2PO4, 5g KNO3 and 36 MgSO4
Flora Grow is 4g KH2PO4, 30g KNO3, 9g MgNO3

liquid KB is approximately 135g KH2PO4, 44g K2SO4

for us newbies and chemically challanged the koolbloom and the gh flora 3 part what is the stock amount is that a gallon or litre of stock?

squarepusher

squarepusher

for us newbies and chemically challanged the koolbloom and the gh flora 3 part what is the stock amount is that a gallon or litre of stock?
hi Icemaiden

Actually, good point, you aren't chemically challenged, in fact I don't believe I included the information so it would be impossible to know without reading my mind...

But I was using the base sizes, so for the Flora series its 8oz, and for the KB its 1L.

Also, you wrote about earlier about wanting a formula for a veg/bloom nute, but you didn't post what ingredients you were using, so to answer it depends on what ingredients you have which is why I didn't give a real response to that. best

icemaiden

icemaiden

hi Icemaiden

Actually, good point, you aren't chemically challenged, in fact I don't believe I included the information so it would be impossible to know without reading my mind...

But I was using the base sizes, so for the Flora series its 8oz, and for the KB its 1L.

Also, you wrote about earlier about wanting a formula for a veg/bloom nute, but you didn't post what ingredients you were using, so to answer it depends on what ingredients you have which is why I didn't give a real response to that. best

i have a shit ton of chemicals even ammonia nitrate ive been gathering for a year and have access to a plant science numer to get the hard to get stuff alwo have minerals vitamins only thing i couldnt source so far is nitric acid for some reason thinking on making some with copper and one of the base chems i forget which one now lol so give er guts and if i dont have it ill order it or tell ya i cant get it and go from there

icemaiden

icemaiden

so for instance based on 72 g of cano3 per 8 oz stock to make a 20 litre stock it would be 6086.52 g or 214.70 oz??? of calcium nitrate??

icemaiden

icemaiden

so for instance based on 72 g of cano3 per 8 oz stock to make a 20 litre stock it would be 6086.52 g or 214.70 oz??? of calcium nitrate??

sorry my brain doesnt work as well as it used to since i got sick the simplest things that used to come soo easy now take me all day to figure out:(

squarepusher

squarepusher

sorry for the late reply, I did not get the notification until now

20L = 676 oz
676 oz / 8 oz = 84x
84x72 = 6048

so yes, it seems that your conversion was correct.

C

cristian

heloo man. im from spain... ive been searching for a info. can you send me the mixing recepies for the AN,,,plis..
thanks
Chris.barcelona.!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

As a small grower, I found the cost of the various elements to be too costly v the length of time it would take me to use them, BUT, in USA, those like me can buy Hydroponic-Research VEG+BLOOM- one part dry formula that is high in N and low in P, which works fantastic.

Now, my ultimate reasons were:

1. Save $$$ on shipping water weight
2. Use superior water, which starts as RO, but then I structure the water (see documentary below)

I take this one step further and have developed a high energy recir system inside my rez

MAGNETIC WATER DOCUMENTARY

This is why I buy dry nutes and mix with magnetized, vortexed, structured water

B

Blend X

Yo PhatNuggz. It is impossible to have a good one part hydroponic formula. Most inorganic salts are highly hygroscopic and the waters of crystalization will soon turn a complete formula into a slab of cement. Calcium and sulfur and phosphorus do not store well together in concentration. All good weed formulas must be at least two parts.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

There are two sides to fertilizers; the minerals, and the phytohormones. I believe hormones/PGR are the key difference between mineral and "organic" fertilizers. Not mycos, or carbon-containing molecules. Mineral ferts are still a small part of a quality product.

Phytohormones are commonly used in greenhouses to increase terpene content in herbs and flowers. I believe they could bridge the gap between large, efficient yields, and excellent aroma - without clogging drippers or attracting bugs/pathogens.

I still don't believe carbs belong in a garden. Molasses contains K and S - important to flowering and aromas - and whatever unadvertised PGR. The rest is just smoke and mirrors. I still don't take labels at face value. They'll never hint at the inexpensive ag product that they mark up 1000%

I had a discussion about General Organics. They market it as "vegan". It's not 100% plant derived, and it's not organic. It still works well, but I laugh at the semantics in marketing.

B

Blend X

In hydroponics, plants will grow just fine using only mineral salts. Plants will not grow at all on a diet of only PGRs. Therefore, the salts are a little more necessary than the PGRs. While plants manufacture their own PGRs internally, there are compounds that can stimulate or inhibit that ability on demand. The problem is that some of them were developed for the ornamental plant industry. They are used in such minute amounts that they would not have any negative effect on a drip system for sure but the health consequences are undetermined as of now. As far as carbs, they belong in the organic gardens where all those live things in the soil could use some extra food to multiply and thrive. Of what use could they possibly be to a hydroponic guy in sterile media like rockwool or even coco? There are at least two elements in a good hydro formula that are antagonistic to soil cultures. It just makes no sense if you understand that fact. And an interesting note about "organic"....the state of Washington has a classification of fertilizer called "synthetic organic". Organic fanatics know the definition of "organic" as something that is derived from a carbon based source like compost, blood meal, kelp, etc. Some bright person figured out how to take a base element like phosphorus and bond it to a carbon molecule giving it similar performance characteristics of a true organic source of phosphorus like bone meal. Hence, "synthetic organic".

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

Anybody have a Coco coir specific nute formula? I understand that the Coco specific formulations have a lot less P and a bit more Ca. I am interested in trying Coco but I do not want to shell out big $$$ for something I should be able to make myself. I wish hydrobuddy had a Coco specific formula in the DB, but it is just not there.

any help would be appreciated.

2b2s

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

I don't agree that Spurr's mixes are ground breaking. Tap water has carbonates. done.

pH isn't the only parameter that needs to be managed. EC is more important - it regulates transpiration. Chelated nutrients make pH even less critical. pH drifts because the plants use up ions. What's the point of a stable pH if there's no food? (or the resulting element imbalance causes antagonisms) The solution is to replenish nutes more often, which also stabilizes pH. Prepare to be amazed!

imo Spurr's mix is fine for peat mixes, watered once every few days. Fertilizers designed for recirculating systems have low Ca so that it doesn't build up over time and cause antagonisms (K, Mg, et al). The logical choice - change your medium and run DTW! I have a strong preference for top drip, DTW in rockwool. Peat has no place in a grow room.

I'm currently running my "super soil". I just add tap water. ZERO pH concerns, great results. hth

Top Bottom