(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bangarang

Can someone hook me up with the numbers for House and Garden Coco A & B? I remember seeing it but now that i want it i can't find it.
Thanks

MediNice

MediNice

Substrate Profile
2.11 Nh4
1.62 N03
3.23 P
51.93 K
4.29 Ca
1.63 Mg
5.02 S

The High K in the veg profile posted earlier included the extra 51 Mg/l from the coco substrate and any added minerals from our tap water source up here in the pacific NW. Luckily our water is very soft.

Here is the bloom elemental profile. This includes the above coco substrate profile and water analysis results.

7.2 Nh4
109.5 N03
58.5 P
143.5 K
104.1 Ca
49 Mg
52 S
7.5 Si

Hey, it looks like I am about to run a similar profile, albeit a little more silica and Ca>K. Also noticed your in the City of Roses. I'm just down the valley from you but I frequent Portland weekly. I've been having a hard time finding all the dry salts in a one stop shop. Any places you can advise? I was about to order from CHN, but the shipping is a killer! Good guys though.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Mbferts has free shipping, prices are pretty good too. That's where I bought most of my salts.

Quantrill

Quantrill

I was about to order from CHN, but the shipping is a killer! Good guys though.

So all that free advise I gave you was a waste of my time?

Free shipping usually means a ziplock bag package and flat rate shipping included in the price. I package most of my salts in plastic wide mouth jars, reclosable and reusable. Shipping is calculated by weight nad I do not profit from it.

If you prefer ziplock bags stuffed into flat rate boxes, just hit me up in email. If I have the time and you haven't been a total pain in my ass already, I most likely will go out of my way to accommodate your request.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

So all that free advise I gave you was a waste of my time?

Free shipping usually means a ziplock bag package and flat rate shipping included in the price. I package most of my salts in plastic wide mouth jars, reclosable and reusable. Shipping is calculated by weight nad I do not profit from it.

If you prefer ziplock bags stuffed into flat rate boxes, just hit me up in email. If I have the time and you haven't been a total pain in my ass already, I most likely will go out of my way to accommodate your request.

I've bought stuff from you guys before, good stuff =)

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

sorry, that sounded pretty butt hurt and dickish on my part yesterday.

Every one has tho's days, understandable.

As long as ur butt isn't hurt from the dickish I think it will be alright lol ;)

-lurkin

MediNice

MediNice

Im putting in the order today from CHN. Just trying to find the simple things that weigh a ton locally. So far, no luck. There's no way I can find chelated micros and most of the other stuff locally, especially in smaller sizes.
Ive called every ag supplier around and all they have is 25 and 50 lb bags of micros, questionable epsom and subpar in-house calcium nitrate.

That did sound bad on my part, sorry. I never meant to cut you out and take your free information. Your advise and time spent answering my questions is invaluable. Thank you! From my research, CHN carries top grade stuff at a competitive price.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Hey, it looks like I am about to run a similar profile, albeit a little more silica and Ca>K. Also noticed your in the City of Roses. I'm just down the valley from you but I frequent Portland weekly. I've been having a hard time finding all the dry salts in a one stop shop. Any places you can advise? I was about to order from CHN, but the shipping is a killer! Good guys though.

I've been able to get macros through my Hydro store believe it or not. All my micros are ordered through CHN. A buddy of mine picks up all his salts through Marion Ag in Salem

MediNice

MediNice

You had all the right to respond as you did. My bad, I should have clarified. I just didnt want to pay for shipling if I could get locally, which I cant. CHN provides an invaluable service to farmers like us and the company has come highly recommended from many sources. Wish you guys were here in the PNW.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Making veg+bloom from raw salts, possible with basic salts(6pack)? I know we can make any thing we want but I'm just curious.

Thoughts?
-lurkin

Ps same post is in the overpriced nute thread.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

What kind of potassium sulfate are you recommending for fertigation? I have been using "allganic K" and it seems to encourage bacterial colonies in my stock tanks even though I use Sodium Benzoate to deter them. @Quantrill

Quantrill

Quantrill

for "hydroponic" applications where you mix it in a reservoir I generally recommend SQM/YARA Ultrasol SOP52. But there is very little difference in any of the 3 brands I have used (GSL, Diamond K or SQM). They all leave a little insoluble matter in the bottom IME. Here is a pdf from GSL that might have some useful info regarding solubility of SOP.

regarding life forming in the concentrates, what is your formula? dark, cool storage? length of storage?

View attachment sop_solubility_table.pdf
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I have sop52, I'll try to dissolve again but wait longer this time. I figured it would dissolve like cal nit lol

Quantrill

Quantrill

what is the dilution rate you are having trouble dissolving?

As far as potassium salts go, potassium sulfate is the least soluble of the commonly used. Also it is the slowest to dissolve.

Compare calcium nitrate which has a max solubility of 1,200 grams per liter to SOP's max solubility of 120 grams per liter.

Potassium salts solubility graph
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I mix as I go, so I'm normally mixing about 7 grams per gal total (all salts in a qt mason jar about 180grams total) but when I was tring to use the sop52 it would be the only thing sitting at the bottom. I use hot water out of a coffee maker to mix my salts, by the time the other salts (epsom,pot nit,mkp,map) would dissolve(part a mix) the sop52 would just sit there so I worked around it lol. I'll try it again tho

I didn't mean to jack his question

Thanks

-lurkin

Top Bottom