(Fatman's) DIY nutrient mixing guide

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rshackleferd

rshackleferd

If youre thinking about mixing your own here is a basic break down of some helpful information.

The ingredients listed below are called "salts", if you look on your commercial brand nutes they all basically use the same stuff. Some might call for nitric acid or other compounds not listed but its basically the same elements your plants use. Commercial brands also tend to use the minimum amount to save money especially when it comes to micro nutes. This is where making your own comes in handy. You can add extra iron or magnesium and not ever have to worry about calcium or magnesium deficiencies. Fatmans formula is perfect for this, no more worries. Even the ph is stable at 6.

List of ingredients you will need; "I bought all this stuff on amazon and ebay, everything is legal, safe, and legit."

Calcium Nitrate
Potassium Nitrate
Iron Chelate
MonoPotassium Phosphate
Magnesium sulfate
Manganese sulfate
Boric Acid
Zinc Sulfate
Copper sulfate
Ammonium Molybdate

Fatmans coco coir recipe "Grow"

Notes= Fatmans grow and bloom formula have high amounts of micro nutrients which i have found to have no adverse effect on plant health. However if you are concerned with the amount of micro nutrients or macro nutrients you can simply adjust them in a program called hydrobuddy.

Instructions= For grow and bloom recipe you will need two one gallon milk jugs for each the grow and bloom recipe/concentrate. Each one gallon milk jug will be filled half way with warm distilled water. The recipe below is in ounces. You will need a small scale that can handle .002 of an ounce and a large scale that can handle 20+ ounces.

Grow; amounts below are in ounces per half gallon.

Part A. 1. Calcium Nitrate= 20.8
2. Potassium Nitrate= 1.2 These three combined ingredients will make part A
3. Iron Chelate= 1.35

Part B. 1. Potassium Nitrate= 1.2
2. MonoPotassium Phosphate= 5.6
3. Magnesium sulfate= 4.3
4. Manganese sulfate= .269
5. Boric Acid= .368 These eight will make your part B concentrate
6. Zinc Sulfate= .291
7. Copper sulfate= .059
8. Ammonium Molybdate= .002

Fatmans coco coir "Bloom" recipe in ounces

Part A. 1. Calcium Nitrate= 15.3
2. Potassium Nitrate= 1.0
3. Iron Chelate= 1.35

Part B. 1. Potassium Nitrate= 1.0
2. MonoPotassium phosphate 12.6
3. Magnesium sulfate= 6.7
4. Manganese sulfate= .269
5. Boric Acid= .368
6. Zinc Sulfate= .291
7. Copper sulfate= .059
8. Ammonium Molybdate= .002

When youre ready to feed your plants mix equal amounts from each solution, example= For one gallon of nutrients you would use 8ml from part A concentrate and 8ml from part B concentrate. After you have added your part A and Part B to the gallon shake your container to mix it well then test it with a ppm meter. If it needs more simply add a few ml from each part until you hit your desired ppm level.

Extra information not pertaining to the above formula.

Hydroponic Nutrient Mixes and Requirements

Many hydroponic formulas have been developed over the past 40 years with some designed for specific plants while others are designed for general hydroponic gardening systems. For plant growth, the concentration of individual elements must stay within a certain ranges that have been determined through scientific experimentation.

The average concentration of these elements should fall within these parameters;

Nitrogen "nitrate form" 70-300 ppm
Nitrogen "ammonium form" 0-30 ppm
Potassium 200-400 ppm
Phosphorous 30-90 ppm
Calcium 150-400 ppm
Sulfur 60-330 ppm
Magnesium 25-75 ppm
Iron .5 - 5.0 ppm
Boron .1 - 1.0 ppm
Manganese .1 -1.0 ppm
Zinc .02 - .2 ppm
Molybdenum .01 - .1 ppm
Copper .02 - .2 ppm

Last edited:
N

nemojackson

thanks a bunch,how do you go on feeding schedule do you use any feed formula?

A

amal59

i wwite this program for nutrient calculate
it's ver 1.0.0
NutrientSolutionCalculator.png

http://qhd.ir/download/NutrientSolutionCalculator.rar

R

Rawrthis

I've read the first 10 pages and everybody breaking down other companies nutes. Read the last 5 pages. So...What's the deal? Is it the ratio (3-1-2, 3-1-4) or is it the calcium to the nitrogen (1 : 0.8, 1) that makes the difference?

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

Above site doesn't match the break down math on page 1. 2 part micro to 1 part bloom and he came out with 333 calcium. I plugged it in on that link and it doesn't match. What's up?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am using NPK; yucca, silica, microbes, humic, kelp, Grow/Bloom

They neglect to provide mixing order on their feed chart.

Anybody?

R

Rawrthis

Doesn't matter of the order from my experience. Except yucca last. Their silica are not the same as pro tek.

I fill rez up. Put my grow or bloom. Add additives, then yucca, then PH it down.

R

Rawrthis

Up to you. Doesn't really matter. Nothing locks up.

From my experience. Grow and Bloom already have yucca in it. When you add it, you'll start to see the res bubbling. That's why you don't see yucca in their feed sheet. I did add yucca first once in a while and my res starts to bubble. I threw in grow or bloom powder will some sat on top of the bubbles making it harder and longer to mix

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Up to you. Doesn't really matter. Nothing locks up.

From my experience. Grow and Bloom already have yucca in it. When you add it, you'll start to see the res bubbling. That's why you don't see yucca in their feed sheet. I did add yucca first once in a while and my res starts to bubble. I threw in grow or bloom powder will some sat on top of the bubbles making it harder and longer to mix

I'ts not the yucca, it's the silica. Had this same problem when using EH and adding silica, but no yucca

squarepusher

squarepusher

I've read the first 10 pages and everybody breaking down other companies nutes. Read the last 5 pages. So...What's the deal? Is it the ratio (3-1-2, 3-1-4) or is it the calcium to the nitrogen (1 : 0.8, 1) that makes the difference?

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

Above site doesn't match the break down math on page 1. 2 part micro to 1 part bloom and he came out with 333 calcium. I plugged it in on that link and it doesn't match. What's up?
'
HI, for Cannabis, the 3-1-3 is good for veg, and 2-1-3 good for Bloom which is ballpark estimates. Calcium is also a required important secondary nutrient!

R

Rawrthis

'
HI, for Cannabis, the 3-1-3 is good for veg, and 2-1-3 good for Bloom which is ballpark estimates. Calcium is also a required important secondary nutrient!

Hey Square. So it's the ratio that matters and not the ppm. I'm doing coco. So If i do the ratio at lower ppm and water more often should be better than "lucas" formula right?

Top Bottom