Feds Can No Longer Legally Raid Legit Mmj Operations

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The private banker takeover in 1913 which distributes funding for federal drug busts (which includes cannabis) is directly related to cannabis. It's only my opinion but I think anything regarding laws and the enforcement of cannabis is all "political." Its pretty hard to separate them and have an educational, informative, truthful and accurate discussion.
Good point

K

kolah

anyone know if busts for MJ are up or down since say... 5-10 years ago. ?? I think I read where they were up...but I've have to go back and read some articles from reliable sources to refresh my memory.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Same omnibus bill.

Folks, I know this is difficult, but let's keep the political aspects of this discussion DIRECTLY related to cannabis. Or, you'll see your post go bye-bye.
Could/would you explain again why?

sixstring

sixstring

anyone know if busts for MJ are up or down since say... 5-10 years ago. ?? I think I read where they were up...but I've have to go back and read some articles from reliable sources to refresh my memory.

I would think they are up just because more and more people are doing it in the open.5 years ago I knew of 1 guy growing indoors, now I know of at least 2 dozen in my area alone.i bet busts are up along with revenues but fines and convictions are slightly down.

K

kolah

Right on 6 stringer. I agree with you as the legality thing gives everyone a false sense of security. It has encouraged more and people to start growing AND using.......increasing the pool of MJ folks. Easy picking for the LEO's. LEO's could give a shit about the punk kid with a joint in his car ashtray..they want the big fish. Legalizing weed has produced a nice juicy market for the parasitic poLICE gangs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The private banker takeover in 1913 which distributes funding for federal drug busts (which includes cannabis) is directly related to cannabis. It's only my opinion but I think anything regarding laws and the enforcement of cannabis is all "political." Its pretty hard to separate them and have an educational, informative, truthful and accurate discussion.
We can all draw lines that would take us "directly" back to cannabis. But what's much more salient in this context is following the rules put forth by the site owner and admin, and that's what I'm going to do. :) Private banking laws are not cannabis laws, that's the distinction. Discussing banking laws as they relate to cannabis is appropriate. You're a very intelligent man, I'm sure you can see the distinctions being drawn here.

I know it's difficult, but it really is possible to keep it on point.
Could/would you explain again why?
Why what? No political posts? That's our site admin's call, and I'm not questioning him about how he wants to run his site. :)

Or, why this provision via the omnibus bill? My guess is that since it was the last legislative session before holiday break, and there was so much else going on in this bill, that it was passed basically in order to prevent another government shutdown. That's just a guess.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Or, why this provision via the omnibus bill? My guess is that since it was the last legislative session before holiday break, and there was so much else going on in this bill, that it was passed basically in order to prevent another government shutdown. That's just a guess.

BINGO!!!!!!!! But its a little more political then that, Think 2016 presidential elections and the fall back this would have had on the GOP had this bill failed to pass and a 2nd shutdown on the GOP's Watch happened..

Reaper

Reaper

1879f18e e542 e1c6

Didn't seamaiden just say "No Politics" ???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't read that any portion of the bill directly blocks DOJ/DEA activities here, only that particular funding is going to not be used for prosecuting cases. I feel as though we've heard this sort of thing before, and I agree 100% with @kolah that other sources will be found & used. But that's others' interpretations, I haven't seen the actual language we're discussing yet.

Reaper

Reaper

Responding to a political post :p Besides its marijuana related cause the GOP allowed the passing of not only the hemp portion but the blocking of the DOJ/DEA.. ;)

You are poorly informed on who "Personally" called both house and senate pleading for the passing of said spending bill...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I didn't read that any portion of the bill directly blocks DOJ/DEA activities here, only that particular funding is going to not be used for prosecuting cases. I feel as though we've heard this sort of thing before, and I agree 100% with @kolah that other sources will be found & used. But that's others' interpretations, I haven't seen the actual language we're discussing yet.

Ok i didn't realize i had to write my replys in legal jargon lol..

I take Defunding an agencies activities as blocking enforcement from those branches,,

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You are poorly informed on who "Personally" called both house and senate pleading for the passing of said spending bill...

Truth be told I don't give 2 monkeys and a horse who Personally called for anything, All i give a shit is that Industrial hemp is getting a boost in the us now, theres potential for more states to legalize mmj and outright legalize cannabis period...

I could care 2 shits to the wind what political party voted for what, All i give a shit is if the president signs the bill into law and we start seeing changes..

Politicians come and go, Laws tend to stick around longer..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I take Defunding an agencies activities as blocking enforcement from those branches,,
IF it works, great.

Civil asset forfeiture? What's happening with those funds? They're still taking peoples money and property. If they still get to use them, then they're not exactly "defunded," are they?

I am incredulous, especially in the light of what's happening to the constituents of DC.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
IF it works, great.

Civil asset forfeiture? What's happening with those funds? They're still taking peoples money and property. If they still get to use them, then they're not exactly "defunded," are they?

I am incredulous, especially in the light of what's happening to the constituents of DC.

Yeah we have heard this before but in a MEMO not in an act of congress, So with that said i have a little more hope this time around, as far as the Civil forfeiture, well I dont think they would be able to use those Funds either since those funds become property of the federal government...Least Not against any state or persons in compliance with state law.

trippinballz

trippinballz

The Gov't may back off on "raids" but there was recently a front page article here that pointed out that the Gov't is very busy right now taking names/amassing info on the folks who are involved in "the industry". It's that slight-of-hand thing again....one hand waves wildly and garners attention while the other hand sets the trick in motion...

"when life looks like easy street there is danger at your door..."

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

Approval of the pot measure comes after the Obama administration directed federal prosecutors last year to stop enforcing drug laws that contradict state marijuana policies. Since then, federal raids of marijuana merchants and growers who are operating legally in their states have been limited to those accused of other violations, such as money laundering.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nat...gress-ends-us-ban-medical-marijuana/20583125/

^^ Rest of the story..

sixstring

sixstring

The funds get shared between the fed and the states.and if I remember right only 1 in 6 fight to get their money or property back so they know it's pretty good odds they will get to keep what they can take from us.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The Gov't may back off on "raids" but there was recently a front page article here that pointed out that the Gov't is very busy right now taking names/amassing info on the folks who are involved in "the industry". It's that slight-of-hand thing again....one hand waves wildly and garners attention while the other hand sets the trick in motion...

"when life looks like easy street there is danger at your door..."

Yeah i posted it in the news section ;)

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...orts-that-could-incriminate-pot-stores.68721/

Read the article above and this one posted.. There poaching Money launders ...

Pay your taxes people..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah we have heard this before but in a MEMO not in an act of congress, So with that said i have a little more hope this time around, as far as the Civil forfeiture, well I dont think they would be able to use those Funds either since those funds become property of the federal government...Least Not against any state or persons in compliance with state law.
No, those funds usually stay with the agency, based on my own understanding. I could be wrong, but again based on what I've read, this is how many local police departments are funding themselves. Didn't Mogrow post a thread about his experiences recently with basically the same thing? Or maybe it was someone else... or another thread... :eek:

This, from the ACLU: https://www.aclu.org/criminal-law-reform/civil-asset-forfeiture

Top Bottom