Feds raiding Denver

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oregonized

oregonized

Rules are made to be broken. Sometimes they have to be questioned. Not questioning just because they are the "rules" is broken logic. Of course we need to do away with corrupt officials....[who decree rules, right?]

Government is a big fat pig fucking pyramid scheme. Sorry.

The point is that most of these people weren't just underground weed salesman, most were probably following the "rules" to begin with, as most were previously med dispenses to begin with. Plus, it is a sealed indictment, we don't know what "rules" have been broken, we can only speculate. If it looks like a snatch and grab and walks like a snatch and grab and quacks like a snatch a grab, it is not a snatch and grab right?

Now if they are the imbedded wing of the Knights Templar or the New Jalisco boys, fuck yeah, we need to weed them out. Its competition. Getting one guy over a photo of a gun and 20 busted shops, something smells fishy....

oregonized

oregonized

Get the fucking cartels, we know they are here, how many illegal grows from immigrants south of the border are busted in CO?

There are at least 2-3 found per year here in the 503, so why not concentrate majority efforts into that scheme?

oregonized

oregonized

Got get this rant off, or I wont let it die.

Why do you think that government is needed to enforce "rule"? That is a fallacy imho, there are plenty of "state-less" situations where law and rule are just fine without authority to back it up.

I am not against the rules by any means, just as long as those that "follow" them, truly follow them, but blips on the screen show that rules are just another method of control and when people in charge break them, they seldom apply. see MLK assn, JFKassn, Operation SHAD, Tim Osman, Contra's etc. etc. etc. etc.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is no such thing as "seed to sale" tracking in Colorado, still just a governmental pipe dream, not that Matt Cook will tell ya though..there are no strict confines of the law out here, they change every week and not just a little and you have to realize that what the state says they are doing to control, track, and monitor marijuana sells doesn't really exist to the level they would have the rest of the nation believe...a million dollars in damages is real easy to have when the feds are bustin walls, pullin lights, throwing cameras in reservoirs, throw thousands of plants from seedlings to fully mature plants in your parking lot and pickin it up with a front end loader, how much do you tjink someone has invested in a couple thousand plants start to finish...very little if any of the large "legal" grows product is leaving the state, they can not keep up with the current demand here at home, even if it is sold out the back door it is to another dispensary or traded for more variety. I could sell 100lbs a day right now legally, why look out of state?. Basement growers are the biggest to blame for Colorado nugs findin their way into your local market not the big boys at all..when the supply chained was closed to the basement and mid size guys they all went out out of state outlets because locally vertical integration made it is hard as hell to flip 10 and 20 packs, especially when you can not sell into the dispensary network legally...I know alot more about all this than I can say but trust me, the dispensaries and grow ops were collateral damage, the feds were acting on a whole other slate of issues..

squiggly

squiggly

around my parts there are many meth-head junkies that grow to feed their other vices. idk about you guys but 1 million in plants is a hell of a lot of plants lol(assuming dry product) These massive grows are destroying the market and they flood neighboring states with their product. If CO or WA want to legalize then they should make sure they keep their product in their states imo.

Willing to bet this operation was raided because they were shipping out of state. The profit margins are too big for everyone to avoid the temptation. In fact I'm willing to bet that most raids fall into this category (that or knowingly providing product to those prohibited in some other fashion).

squiggly

squiggly

Got get this rant off, or I wont let it die.

Why do you think that government is needed to enforce "rule"? That is a fallacy imho, there are plenty of "state-less" situations where law and rule are just fine without authority to back it up.

I am not against the rules by any means, just as long as those that "follow" them, truly follow them, but blips on the screen show that rules are just another method of control and when people in charge break them, they seldom apply. see MLK assn, JFKassn, Operation SHAD, Tim Osman, Contra's etc. etc. etc. etc.

The "stateless" alternative is not tenable in the world we live in. It's a dream.

Even if we, as a nation of 300million, decided this would be a good idea and went down that path--eventually another country would take us over and reinstate the rule of law by government. Who would stop them?

Societal organization is important, and as technology increases it becomes ever more important. Democratic government really is the closest we're going to get to the ideal until utopia falls out of the sky.

dirk d

dirk d

. I could sell 100lbs a day right now legally, why look out of state?. Basement growers are the biggest to blame for Colorado nugs findin their way into your local market not the big boys at all..when the supply chained was closed to the basement and mid size guys they all went out out of state outlets because locally vertical integration made it is hard as hell to flip 10 and 20 packs, especially when you can not sell into the dispensary network legally...I know alot more about all this than I can say but trust me, the dispensaries and grow ops were collateral damage, the feds were acting on a whole other slate of issues..
i'm just a small fish in a very big pond :) lol one day though...

sky high

sky high

and with that lucky break....I gotta believe he's 1/2 way to Bogota by now....

reloader

reloader

squiggly

squiggly

Until the Feds reclassify marijuana, there will always be selected raids. Politically this is a very divided issue. Dems are mainly for legalization, while Republicans are flat out against it. Check out the fight going on in Florida right now. What happens if we get a Republican for the next presidential election? It could revert back to the Nixon policies! http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/florida-supreme-court-to-hear-medical-marijuana-case/2155559

Meanwhile about half of the folks who support legalization federally vote republican--because they are uninformed and susceptible to propaganda. Sad.

oregonized

oregonized

Willing to bet this operation was raided because they were shipping out of state. The profit margins are too big for everyone to avoid the temptation. In fact I'm willing to bet that most raids fall into this category (that or knowingly providing product to those prohibited in some other fashion).

Proof? How many raids are just the product of a corrupt bureacracy? There is never one side of the coin.

Trusting the government is like trusting the devil, you never know whatcha gonna get.....of course that goes against mainstream logic, but fuck the mainstream.....now that cannabis users [big businees apparently] have got their little legalization effort, they can now apartheid other potheads over allegations? genius......

oregonized

oregonized

That's the part that I keep coming back to, allegations over actual proof, even the government hasn't provided any.......hmmmm....just saying again, something smells fishy......but I guess I am the fool for questioning such logic?

squiggly

squiggly

Proof? How many raids are just the product of a corrupt bureacracy? There is never one side of the coin.

Trusting the government is like trusting the devil, you never know whatcha gonna get.....of course that goes against mainstream logic, but fuck the mainstream.....now that cannabis users [big businees apparently] have got their little legalization effort, they can now apartheid other potheads over allegations? genius......

I said I'm willing to bet, not that I have proof.

You say your suggestion goes against mainstream logic (read: logic), so where--then--is your proof?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Apparently the feds aren't sharing their information with the city or state, so they're doing their own investigation. It will be rather interesting to see what they come up with on their own in comparison with what the feds used for cause of action.

M

mr.lemonbudz

The police need to worry about more important things like finding missing children or solving a murder. all the taxpayer money being wasted on raiding medical marijuana farms. The money should be going to feed a hungry children or schooling our children. when will people learn this isn't going away. growing marijuana is here to stay. go on government keep pulling and we will keep replanting. Fuck u feds.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

The police need to worry about more important things like finding missing children or solving a murder. all the taxpayer money being wasted on raiding medical marijuana farms. The money should be going to feed a hungry children or schooling our children. when will people learn this isn't going away. growing marijuana is here to stay. go on government keep pulling and we will keep replanting. Fuck u feds.
I hear that brother,.......overgrow the man!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There is no such thing as "seed to sale" tracking in Colorado, still just a governmental pipe dream, not that Matt Cook will tell ya though..there are no strict confines of the law out here, they change every week and not just a little and you have to realize that what the state says they are doing to control, track, and monitor marijuana sells doesn't really exist to the level they would have the rest of the nation believe...
I just read this last week. Seems that it may be closer than originally thought? It just seems to be incredibly unaffordable and will greatly add to the end cost, especially since these tags can't be reused.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/marijuana-tracking_n_4433503.html

Colorado marijuana regulators introduced a new high-tech tracking system this week that will allow every legally grown plant or produced marijuana product to be tracked in the state through the entire growth cycle.

Called the Marijuana Inventory Tracking System, each plant or product will have a small tag that can be scanned by a scanner gun using radio-frequency identification, or RIFD, technology, similar to that used by a grocery store clerk.

"As more states decriminalize marijuana use, it is imperative that systems be in place to ensure that growers and dispensaries follow proper distribution protocols and comply with state and federal regulations while honoring the ballot measures," said Julie Postlethwait, communications officer with the Marijuana Enforcement Division, the Department of Revenue's regulatory agency for the marijuana industry in the state, in a statement.

The tags contain the facility's retail or medical marijuana license number, a product serial number and a "secure ID" chip inside the tag -- all of which are trackable through an inventory database that both the state and the marijuana business can access.

According to the MITS website, the system will also create transport manifests so proprietors and state regulators will know if a package of marijuana goes missing while in transit.

"We have the ability within the system to actually freeze everything up the chain to where this was produced," said Ron Kammerzell, senior director of enforcement for the state Department of Revenue, to 7News.

What it doesn't do is track anything beyond point of sale -- so once the marijuana is purchased by a consumer, the tracking stops.

Officials believe that this "seed-to-sale" tracking system is one of the best tools they have to keep black market marijuana out of the supply chain in the state.

Although Colorado's marijuana businesses are eager to comply with the new regulations, the state is getting some negative feedback for the cost of the system, especially the tags which can only be purchased from Franwell -- the developer of the tracking system -- and cannot be reused.

"It's incredibly expensive to comply with this," Mike Elliott, executive director of the Medical Marijuana Industry Group, told The Denver Post. "Businesses just want to be able to go out and find the best deals they can on these tags."

Postlethwait told the newspaper the state was able to drive tag costs down and is willing to consider outside vendors in the future. For now, state regulators just want to get the system up and running and, most importantly, working.

According to the Department of Revenue, the marijuana plant tag and strap is $.45 per tagand the product package tag is $.25 per tag.

Colorado's first recreational marijuana shops are expected to open Jan. 1, 2014. In preparation for the historic day, the City of Denver has launched a website highlighting the rules for marijuana users and sellers.

Top Bottom