Feds Targeting California Pot Dispensaries; Told To Shut Down In 45 Days

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

MJ is illegal federally thats all there is to it,so as goes california so goes colorado,your colorado model will not save you im sorry to say.If cali dispesaries begin to fall colorado will be next and your state regulations will not save you.Obama is selling us all out because he thinks this will buy him some votes,we need to stand united and show him and all the rest that hes wrong and were not gonna take it anymore,GTFO all you old grey haired backwards thinking mofo's,ELECT SOMEONE WHO BURNS or at least realizes its not his place to regulate our lives.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Major bummer for all of the good dispensary people out there. I even feel a little bad for the scandalous rip-off dispensary owners out there!

Note to self: Start looking for a nice country that will let you have some bud, have a gun, and spend the rest of my days smiling and happy.

-TF

D

DazedNconfussed

Maybe it isnt a clean sweep of all....read this

Lawyer: Federal pot crackdown a blessing
SACRAMENTO, CA - California's four United States Attorneys will announce a new medicinal marijuana policy Friday, a move one former prosecutor believes is a blessing for pot users and growers.

Selected property owners who rent to marijuana dispensaries are receiving letters warning them that the continued sale of what the federal government considers an illegal drug could result in the seizure of their property.

Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Bill Portanova said the warning could actually be good news for the dispensaries and property owners that don't get the letter.

"This letter is the best news that marijuana growers have ever received from the federal government because this letter is a courtesy that most people don't get," Portanova said.

Portanova said the U.S. Attorneys could actually be planning to present guidelines to help dispensaries avoid trouble with the law.

"Right now, every marijuana grower and every marijuana seller who thinks he's legal is wrong, because every single one of them is committing a felony," Portanova said.

source

and

Feds threaten marijuana dispensary landlords
SACRAMENTO, CA - The federal government is warning landlords who rent to marijuana dispensaries that they risk losing their property.

Despite California law allowing the sale and use of medicinal marijuana, the federal government still considers it a crime.

A certified letter from the U.S. Attorney in San Francisco alerts landlords that they could not only lose their property, but also any rent paid by the dispensary operator.

"The dispensary is operating in violation of federal law," the letter states. "Property involved in such operations, including real property, is subject to seizure by and forfeiture to the United States."

"Please take the necessary steps to discontinue the sale and/or distribution of marijuana at the above-referenced location within 45 days," the letter warns

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Sacramento confirmed her office would also be contacting dispensary landlords.

"We are initiating similar communications to selected property owners in the Eastern District," public information officer Lauren Horwood said. "We will be in a position to say more in the near future."

Horwood gave no indication how landlords would be selected, and the U.S. Attorney's office in San Francisco declined to comment on the letter.

The letter itself, however, suggests dispensaries near schools and playgrounds may be primary targets.

"Since the dispensary is operating within a prohibited distance of a school . . . the unlawful operation of the dispensary is subject to enhanced penalties," the letter warns.

Federal law provides for enhanced penalties when illegal drugs are sold within 1,000 feet of a school or playground.

A Sacramento-area property owner who rents to a dispensary said he was careful to draft an escape clause in the lease just in case something like this happened.

The landlord asked that his name and the name of the dispensary not be used to avoid unwanted attention.

"We knew this was a possibility, although we thought it was remote," he said.

source http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=157615

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
This too shall pass

I read about Harborside getting the extreme tax bill right after hearing about it happening to my outlet- and it is indeed (for better or worse) happening to dispensaries all over CO too. My homie has one of the first 20 dispensaries opened (to give an idea of timescale), and received a bill that is nearly a 100% tax on every dollar of profit he's made since he's opened in 2007 or 08. That was yesterday, I haven't spoken to him today, and who knows what news tomorrow will bring. I think people are on the money when guessing it's time that big biz will step in to take over...I always figured it was the eventual outcome a couple years back when I learned George Soros was perhaps the largest financial backer for the medical cannabis lobby. Dude just can't be trusted.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
This is the end game gang....depsensaries as we know them in any state are going, going, gone.....ya think a landlords is goin to hand over multi-million dollar properties to the government for $1200 in rent from a despensary? not hardly..

If any restructuring at all is happening it is the feds trying to figure out how to join with a mult-national pharmacuetical company to setup state run production farms, distribution networks, and retail sales in order to capture all the sales and tax revenue as well as say they are in control of the supply chain for safety reasons.......get ready.

What I think is funny is that the government told everyone in the industry this a few years ago, they actuall said you/despensaries would not be able to take any standard business deductions and they would be taxed on gross income, but since they weren't enforcing it no one payed attention. Everyone hung there hat on the state laws thinkin the feds had no teeth....what do ya think of those teeth now???

I think we will see alot of people pulling their applications and shuttin down here in Colorado before keepin themselves in the crosshairs of the feds...the streets are a rumblin. Hell the entire industry in Colorado may go away before they issue the first actual permit from the state...oh and keep all your money paid so far..

Harbourside is the coyote tacked to fence post for all to see, now lets see what everyone does..

Tex

C

catchafish

I think you hit the nail on the head tex. Big pharma wants in, thats why they have been buying all the rights to the different strains of marijuana for years now. In my opinion it is time to unite and start to stand up for what we demand. They have limited our freedom of speech and now they are talking about taking our guns. When is enuff anuff?

K

kolah

Fuck em!. Stay (or go) underground and they get nothing.

S

StrikeitRich

This is the end game gang...........get ready.

Everyone hung there hat on the state laws thinkin the feds had no teeth....what do ya think of those teeth now???

Harbourside is the coyote tacked to fence post for all to see, now lets see what everyone does..

Tex

UR THE MAN TEX!!!!

I. In my opinion it is time to unite and start to stand up for what we demand. They have limited our freedom of speech and now they are talking about taking our guns. When is enuff anuff?

THIS IS still AMERICA, IT IS POSSIBLE, like tex said lets see what everyone does. lol.

I live in Michigan and they off the RIP hit dispensaries like WHHatt we aint getting that money so YANK. Now that works for me cause being that MICHIGAN never had 14 years to build any backbone in the Dispensary game it didnt hurt to bad when the bandaid was ripped off, but CO and CA... Hmm may be different, again, we will see.

Now here in MICHIGAN they r even trying to restrict the allowed usable floor space within a home to designate for ur Garden..... INSIDE YOUR HOME!!!! telling u what to do with it.. like they own that shit. like i can turn around and sue the damn township for buds grown in my own damn bedroom... LOL! HA! i say WAKE UP GUYS, PROTEST THIS BS.

WAKE UP AMERICA THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET REAL...........

Take our guns take our freedom, then what?....

CAMPS....?

Peace,
S i R

Fuck em!. Stay (or go) underground and they get nothing.

I just wanna say I LUV ur signiture. lol.

sky high

sky high

The IRS can go back 3 years to levy back taxes. It makes sense (for them) that they have waited and fed out the rope needed for these folks to step up to the gallows and basically hang themselves via their own greed.

If >ALL< they get is a tax bill they will be very fortunate. However, my guess is that once they get these folks by the short and curlies financially the DEA will step in to seal the deal.

Plant another row, kids. The monopoly on sales is about to end and the patients will soon be in charge of this State's MMJ supply yet again...

O

oglovinlife18

the government is shot they are just bored and kno harvest season just happened...like everyone said they just wanna flex their muscles raid some places they think this is the best time to get everyones money they dont care about the pot they are broke and kno everyone is at a vulnerable spot with all the outdoor everyone has now once they collect some money they will be on to the next one and everyone can continue as they where ....all they see is the dollar sighn and they want it they will do it again let you rebuild and take it again the make more money this way then they ever will if it is legal

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Look at the timing of this also. How many people off loads to a club, and dont push outside state lines with everyone and their grandparents growing in ca, how many people are gonna be sitting on alot more than alloted, think about the implications if the feds subpoena cluibs for vendor lists?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How is this a good thing for others, except to serve as warning to GTFO? All that letter seems to say is that they may use asset forfeiture laws to relieve them of their assets.

O

oglovinlife18

its not good for ne one they are going to sweep the state clean get all the money they can out of it when they are done who ever survived will become on top and when they decide they want more money again they will do it again

F

foothillfarmin

Why does everyone seem so surprised and upset?? I recall even when I voted for Prop 215, the gov still said sorry it is still illegal, so why do so many think it is so legal?
IT NEVER WAS ,MEDICAL OR NOT!!!And yes I do believe serious patients with a need should be able to have access but not storefronts sorry!!!
Time to bury more containers guys and gals!!!

J

Jsän

This was sent to me from J Street Wellness.

""
Rally 10-7-11!US Attorneys Office 501 I Street Sacramento, CA Start Assembling at 10AM!

You are needed at a rally tomorrow! (TODAY) The DOJ will be holding a Press Conference at 1PM. Please attend! IT IS BEING REPORTED THAT THE DAYS ARE NUMBERED FOR THE CURRENT MODEL FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES! US Attorneys Office 501 I Street Sacramento, CA Start Assembling at 10AM! The U.S. attorneys from California’s four federal districts are preparing to unveil in the coming days their latest effort to push a coordinated statewide marijuana enforcement strategy. That approach includes the possible seizure of land or buildings leased to marijuana operations that may be legal under state law but remain illegal under federal statutes. The federal government is intensifying its efforts to smother California’s Medical Cannabis industry by targeting not only medical marijuana dispensaries and growers, but also those who do business with them. The latest possible targets: landlords and property owners who rent buildings or land where dispensaries sell or cultivators grow marijuana. The U.S. attorneys from California’s four federal districts are preparing to unveil in the coming days their latest effort to push a coordinated statewide marijuana enforcement strategy. That approach includes the possible seizure of land or buildings leased to marijuana operations that may be legal under state law but remain illegal under federal statutes.""

O

oglovinlife18

what if .....after the 45 days the send letters to another amount of letters i could be them knowing they dont have enough man power to stop it one bby one they sllowly go down the list ...tell people look how much money we have siezed in a year and shutdown medical reasons at all ....idk

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Hangman
by Maurice Ogden
Into our town the Hangman came,
Smelling of gold and blood and flame.
And he paced our bricks with a diffident air,
And built his frame in the courthouse square.

The scaffold stood by the courthouse side,
Only as wide as the door was wide;
A frame as tall, or little more,
Than the capping sill of the courthouse door.

And we wondered, whenever we had the time,
Who the criminal, what the crime
That the Hangman judged with the yellow twist
of knotted hemp in his busy fist.

And innocent though we were, with dread,
We passed those eyes of buckshot lead --
Till one cried: "Hangman, who is he
For whom you raised the gallows-tree?"

Then a twinkle grew in the buckshot eye,
And he gave us a riddle instead of reply:
"He who serves me best," said he,
"Shall earn the rope of the gallows-tree."

And he stepped down, and laid his hand
On a man who came from another land.
And we breathed again, for another's grief
At the Hangman's hand was our relief

And the gallows-frame on the courthouse lawn
By tomorrow's sun would be struck and gone.
So we gave him way, and no one spoke,
Out of respect for his Hangman's cloak.

The next day's sun looked mildly down
On roof and street in our quiet town,
And stark and black in the morning air
Was the gallows-tree in the courthouse square.

And the Hangman stood at his usual stand
With the yellow hemp in his busy hand;
With his buckshot eye and his jaw like a pike
And his air so knowing and business-like.

And we cried, "Hangman, have you not done
Yesterday, with the foreign one?"
Then we fell silent, and stood amazed,
"Oh, not for him was the gallows raised."

He laughed a laugh as he looked at us:
"Did you think I'd gone to all this fuss
To hang one man? That's a thing I do
To stretch a rope when the rope is new."

Then one cried "Murder!" and one cried "Shame!"
And into our midst the Hangman came
To that man's place. "Do you hold," said he,
"with him that was meant for the gallows-tree?"

And he laid his hand on that one's arm.
And we shrank back in quick alarm!
And we gave him way, and no one spoke
Out of fear of his Hangman's cloak.

That night we saw with dread surprise
The Hangman's scaffold had grown in size.
Fed by the blood beneath the chute,
The gallows-tree had taken root;

Now as wide, or a little more,
Than the steps that led to the courthouse door,
As tall as the writing, or nearly as tall,
Halfway up on the courthouse wall.

The third he took -- we had all heard tell --
Was a usurer, and an infidel.
"What," said the Hangman "have you to do
With the gallows-bound, and he a Jew?"

And we cried out, "Is this one he
Who has served you well and faithfully?"
The Hangman smiled: "It's a clever scheme
to try the strength of the gallows-beam."

The fourth man's dark, accusing song
Had scratched our comfort hard and long;
"And what concern," he gave us back.
"Have you for the doomed -- the doomed and Black?"

The fifth. The sixth. And we cried again,
"Hangman, Hangman, is this the man?"
"It's a trick," he said. "that we hangmen know
For easing the trap when the trap springs slow."

And so we ceased, and asked no more,
As the Hangman tallied his bloody score.
And sun by sun, and night by night,
The gallows grew to monstrous height.

The wings of the scaffold opened wide
Till they covered the square from side to side;
And the monster cross-beam, looking down,
Cast its shadow across the town.

Then through the town the Hangman came,
Through the empty streets, and called my name --
And I looked at the gallows soaring tall,
And thought, "There is no one left at all

For hanging, and so he calls to me
To help pull down the gallows-tree."
So I went out with right good hope
To the Hangman's tree and the Hangman's rope.

He smiled at me as I came down
To the courthouse square through the silent town.
And supple and stretched in his busy hand
Was the yellow twist of the hempen strand.

And he whistled his tune as he tried the trap,
And it sprang down with a ready snap --
And then with a smile of awful command
He laid his hand upon my hand.

"You tricked me. Hangman!," I shouted then,
"That your scaffold was built for other men...
And I no henchman of yours," I cried,
"You lied to me, Hangman. Foully lied!"

Then a twinkle grew in the buckshot eye,
"Lied to you? Tricked you?" he said. "Not I.
For I answered straight and I told you true --
The scaffold was raised for none but you.

For who has served me more faithfully
Then you with your coward's hope?" said he,
"And where are the others who might have stood
Side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered. And amiably
"Murdered," the Hangman corrected me:
"First the foreigner, then the Jew...
I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky
None had stood so alone as I.
The Hangman noosed me, and no voice there
Cried "Stop!" for me in the empty square.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

The time to stand is now while the Gallows are "Small." Everyone hoping that it is just CA or just those 16 dispensaries is dead wrong. They are the immigrant and the Jew of the poem built to stretch the rope and test the beam. If you are in a med state you are next in line and who will speak for you? WHen Montana got raided everyone said to them selves "Whatever, of course those rednecks in Montana weren't gonna let them regulate MMJ." That was your "cowards hope" and mine too. Now they are hitting CA?! Talk about striking the heart, Cali is the largest and most supported MMJ program in the country, if you think that they will stop there you are dead wrong. Everyone is so happy just to simply take whatever freedom is being offered when we need to stand up and scream"The Emperor has no FUCKING clothes (RIP Jack)!!" Only a certain percentage of your house for grows? WHat percentage of my yard can I use to grow ALoe Vera (A medicinal plant). These fucks claim righteousness based on religious beliefs but in the Bible it says that Man's laws cannot supersede those of GOD. Then they hide behind the argument that "Fed laws supersede state laws." Fucking Hypocrites!

J

Jsän

http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/landlords-property-owners-are-new-targets-anti-pot-strategy-12967

""The tactic stems from a February 2011 memorandum by the state’s four top federal prosecutors that outlines for the first time a uniform approach to enforcing federal marijuana laws in California. The document, reviewed by California Watch, offers guidance and insights into the thresholds for prosecution.

Initiated by the state’s U.S. attorneys, the statewide enforcement strategy places an emphasis on federal investigations that target “leaders and organizers of the criminal activity as opposed to lower-level workers.”

***The memorandum sets thresholds that make investigations more likely to be prosecuted. Those include distributors caught with at least 200 kilograms of marijuana, including distribution near schools, playgrounds and colleges; cultivators with gardens of at least 1,000 plants that are not on federal land and at least 500 plants on federal or tribal land or where there is significant damage; and dispensaries that sell more than 200 kilograms or 1,000 plants annually.""

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/landlords-property-owners-are-new-targets-anti-pot-strategy-12967

""The tactic stems from a February 2011 memorandum by the state’s four top federal prosecutors that outlines for the first time a uniform approach to enforcing federal marijuana laws in California. The document, reviewed by California Watch, offers guidance and insights into the thresholds for prosecution.

Initiated by the state’s U.S. attorneys, the statewide enforcement strategy places an emphasis on federal investigations that target “leaders and organizers of the criminal activity as opposed to lower-level workers.”

***The memorandum sets thresholds that make investigations more likely to be prosecuted. Those include distributors caught with at least 200 kilograms of marijuana, including distribution near schools, playgrounds and colleges; cultivators with gardens of at least 1,000 plants that are not on federal land and at least 500 plants on federal or tribal land or where there is significant damage; and dispensaries that sell more than 200 kilograms or 1,000 plants annually.""

For now anyway!

Top Bottom