Feeding clones in Ez Cloner

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeJuana

MeJuana

Hey MeJ do you run your pump 24/7 or short cycle?
How often do you change water?
Any rez cleaner (e.g. alcohol, pool chlorine, peroxide)?
1 on 10 off. I clone the entire space then change water and clean with bleach/rinse after. I use tap I let it run a full day before adding clones to let residual bleach plus city watr chlorine evaporate. I get roots on my hardest to clone, og kush, in 3 weeks though. I get roots faster on others but for eaxmple I am 8 days on this run with nothing showing

MeJuana

MeJuana

I decided to do some research regarding my lagging root times in relation to others here. First of all I take cuttings from the lowest branches then cut away all the woody part. I have seen it suggested that cuttings from newer branches all together root faster so instead of taking cuttings from up top I will prune a lower branch to have two new shoots shortly before taking cuttings now. Also I checked my water temp right now is 64F. I added some H2o2 to my tap water cloner res. First I broke it down to 3% which is 11 parts water to 1 part H2o2. Then I added 1/2 cup per gallon guessing that I have 10 gallons of water. If I lost those clones I wouldn't be sol so I will see what happens.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

1 on 10 off. I clone the entire space then change water and clean with bleach/rinse after. I use tap I let it run a full day before adding clones to let residual bleach plus city watr chlorine evaporate. I get roots on my hardest to clone, og kush, in 3 weeks though. I get roots faster on others but for eaxmple I am 8 days on this run with nothing showing
just FYI city systems don't use chlorine. They use chloramine, which is more stabilized. You can no longer break down and evaporate off the chlorine without using vitamin C first.
This is a GOOD thing when it comes to cloning. Filtered water is pure but open to pathogens. Chloramine is not. It's chemically treated to kill ecoli , which hurts both us and plants.

You can save yourself that day and not aerate.

Also at 64f, your water carries tons of oxygen. Peroxide may be redundant or unnecessary. Not trying to be a know it all, just sharing.
Appreciate your success story. Cloning can be tricky. It tends to be 0 or 100% for most folks, or at least for me.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Update: Typically I fill out 31 spots in my cloner and save 18 of the quickest rooting clones, i.e. meet my quota then dump the rest. While not scientific; Adding H202 seemed to quicken the progression of that dark brown stem fungus that kills cuttings and I lost 3 of them before I had enough rooted clones this time but I did get enough clones still. Usually all 31 spots have roots I select from the ones with the most roots but not this time so I think H2o2 was a bad idea that I found somewhere on the net lol

P.S. I said OG Kush was the longest to root I am sorry that is not true it is Sour Diesel. I reverse those too depending on which I am smoking at the time for some reason

Latest posts

Top Bottom