Feeling Good About This One

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Just a feel good post I'd like to share. My grows are 50/50 hit and miss, don't really like or have the confidence to do a grow journal here yet...but....

I had a seed that popped (and that alone was a surprise as the other two never did) GreenhouseSeeds White Widow (Fem) and she had been struggling from the start, I could have thrown her away and almost did about half dozen times. I really wanted to and have always wanted to try the White Widow. So I was determined to make this one work. After watering to not watering to get her to kick start, I decided she just didn't like her environment so I took her out to the spot where I leave them before dumping them, (inside) the backyard sliding door. It gets a lot of morning sun. And after a few days there she was really getting bad, so I took it outside to toss her, but just for kicks, I decided to check her out of the cup and see what was going on in the soil underneath. IT WAS DRENCHED. Man did I feel bad. Dumped some fresh soil in the cup, the Roots Organics Lush soil to be exact, about half way and plopped the soaked home depot soil she was in on the top. Left as that for a few days and then dropped her in the tent with the rest of the gals. I've then been watering her with a spray bottle filled with a very light solution of kelp mix. Mostly foliar spraying her as her roots were not looking good. I'll let the picture tell the rest of the story. She's on the far right. A before and after shot.
Feeling good about this one 2
Feeling good about this one

Trixie

Trixie

Roots Organic soil is water-only soil and has no need to fertilize for the first few weeks. I've grown using Roots for as much as 6 weeks in a large container with water only. The water needs to be rain or RO for the best results.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I love this little unit, I'm not sure about placement, might move it tomorrow, but, the templates in this unit are nice touch. Liking the notification and alerts. Infinity should take some notes on that one. Thank you @PulsePeet
PXL 20230305 040922645

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I'm glad I put some effort into this White Widow (center), she is clearly in a class of her own. Compared to the Kush varieties surrounding her, she is holding her own. Two of the Kush have responded well to the daily foliar sprays, but the White Widow (GreenhouseSeeds) is doing really well at the moment. My plans are to continue with the foliar sprays for another week, top dress and get them ready for the true test..... Week4Bytch. Week 4 is where you hit or miss, at least in my experiences. End of March will be about 2 weeks of flower (I will do a semi final trim at that time), so by April 15ish.. we will see something good..or something bad..lol.. you know..Like a box of chocolates. See ya's then.
PXL 20230319 022000607

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

Glad to see you turned this one around! The Lush really does most of the work for you, doesn’t it? They look nice and healthy. And I agree, any time I have had problems it’s been mid-late flower. Especially in organic soil. Gotta time those amendments right!

I’m looking forward to following along and seeing how they turn out for you. Especially that WW! I grew one in hydro that was a resin monster, but I fucked up the dry/cure.

I also have an indoor small tent in my closet and a 4x4 in my non air conditioned garage. The summer climate is brutal where I am with high temps and humidity, I’ve never had a completely successful grow out there. I’ll be looking to learn a thing or two from you on your big tent garage grow.

Last edited:
electroguy

electroguy

Those ladies look great. I'm still learning, slowly.
My first popped Feb 8. First grow, struggles with low humidity, dragged my ass setting up the tent, one thing after another. Finally I seem to be understanding them. They want what they want when they want it, and not what they don't. If you want to comment on them see my indoor virgin post.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Glad to see you turned this one around! The Lush really does most of the work for you, doesn’t it? They look nice and healthy. And I agree, any time I have had problems it’s been mid-late flower. Especially in organic soil. Gotta time those amendments right!

I’m looking forward to following along and seeing how they turn out for you. Especially that WW! I grew one in hydro that was a resin monster, but I fucked up the dry/cure.

I also have an indoor small tent in my closet and a 4x4 in my non air conditioned garage. The summer climate is brutal where I am with high temps and humidity, I’ve never had a completely successful grow out there. I’ll be looking to learn a thing or two from you on your big tent garage grow.
The garage tent closes for the summer, we hit over the 100's here in the desert. In the meantime I use one of them medium sized water coolers to help keep temps in check when we hit over 85 degrees. Scary to leave the side door open but my pit bull is there on security duties. :)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I couldn't resist, I trimmed them a little sooner than planned. should be my last trimming for the duration of the grow.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Seems like the ladies have just hit their stride, they are drinking almost daily now (more work for me) and I'm going with a slightly lower average par this go around. I'm keeping it between 800-950 range. The last grow I had was a little over the 1000 range which is good for a lot of folks but my pots could not keep up with that intensity, and not using CO2, well, you get the picture. So we'll see how it goes. With the almost daily waterings they seem to be liking where things are at right now. We will see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom