Feeling Good About This One

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Yeah. It just kills me when I'm taking ppfd measurements in the tent to see optimal light in the center but the edges are just crying for more light!!
Might need a 1000w light to fill a 5x5 evenly. but dam, in a 4x4, this light kills it.

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Week 4 White Widow
PXL 20230413 042541005

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
How they coming along @Week4Bytch ?
Good, thanks for asking, I was gonna do an update but..they look the same...LMFAO.. I don't want to be that guy... but yeah they're doing good, one of the plants is a dud (most likely white label seeds) her sister is doing better, OG Kush F1 variants? I can say this with confidence because the other 5 are doing great. As far as the White Widow, proud of that one, you guys know the story on that poor thing. Member "Syntax" from another forum had nothing but praise for that pheno and after 2 years talked me into trying it out. It's up there with Blue Dream (another favorite of mine) and it hasn't even matured yet but I'm liking it so far, an easy grow. The weather has me anxious a bit, my trusty water cooler is my saving grace. I'll post an update video later this week.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
You guys get that bubblegum scent to your flowers? I thought it was just one of my plants but after trimming a few leaves noticed it was almost all the plants, with the bubblegum scent, is it from the compost? Someone was telling me only a good compost could give your plants a certain flavor, and this is my first use of this Malibu Compost, not use to this bubblegum scent... alright,

One of the ladies got their red hairs going, and everytime I see my first set of red hairs I'm reminded of this Bro Science tip.... when you see the red hairs, 21 days later is harvest. No I'm not following that but it is interesting.
PXL 20230419 0230393992

The White Widow...no red hairs... :( it's gonna probably be a 10-11 ( flower) week grow. It's what I projected from the beginning, End of May, so we'll see.
PXL 20230419 0216219672

These yellow traps work. Down goes flies, down goes mosquitoes, and down goes gnats....
PXL 20230419 032402954

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
My video was to large to post up in here so... ---> Got Youtube?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Plants look great!!👍

But I could play a drinking game for every time you say kush. 🤣😝
I didn't think these would get this far and didn't bother labeling them. Half ass grow looking better than expected. This will be the last garage grow till Fall, summers here are insane. Month of May will be a challenge. Gonna try and get another indoor tent but I'm lucky just having the one I have now. If your married you'll understand where I'm coming from. On the brighter side, I've jumped in to the cloning scene with two feet and have a Clone King coming in soon. I see a huge potential working with mothers and cloning. This won't play out till it cools off here but I'll be trying to figure something out meantime. Where there's a will, theres a way.

Eledin

Eledin

Its really good to see what they have become despite a bit of a struggle at the start, theyre looking greaat! I use the yellow traps too, those gnats can be really annoying and they reproduce so quickly... sometimes I top with diatomaceous earth and skyp the potassium silicate feeding since diatomaceous earth is mostly silica. (Never had to use a tutor since I started using more silica, you can really tell the difference). Two more traps that I use sometimes when it gets nasty with warm humid weather is coffee with milk (yes, I serve them coffee) and suggar, I was getting a lot that way, or the classic water, vinegar, suggar and yeast. They fucking love coffee tho, I need to change it every 1-2 days because Im not stupid and I dont want mold but its really effective. If you put it there ice cold it will last for longer.

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Its really good to see what they have become despite a bit of a struggle at the start, theyre looking greaat! I use the yellow traps too, those gnats can be really annoying and they reproduce so quickly... sometimes I top with diatomaceous earth and skyp the potassium silicate feeding since diatomaceous earth is mostly silica. (Never had to use a tutor since I started using more silica, you can really tell the difference). Two more traps that I use sometimes when it gets nasty with warm humid weather is coffee with milk (yes, I serve them coffee) and suggar, I was getting a lot that way, or the classic water, vinegar, suggar and yeast. They fucking love coffee tho, I need to change it every 1-2 days because Im not stupid and I dont want mold but its really effective. If you put it there ice cold it will last for longer.
Ive heard good things about silica, I use to consciously add it in the past but have gone away from it recently, I can't tell the difference honestly, maybe my proprietary amendments have it in there already? I'll have to check, I do have an old bag of the DE in the garage somewhere, and have two pots that I've added nothing to since potting, might just add a cup of the DE to each pot and see what happens.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Ive heard good things about silica, I use to consciously add it in the past but have gone away from it recently, I can't tell the difference honestly, maybe my proprietary amendments have it in there already? I'll have to check, I do have an old bag of the DE in the garage somewhere, and have two pots that I've added nothing to since potting, might just add a cup of the DE to each pot and see what happens.
Usually soil will have enough silica in it to give the plants what they need but, IMO, giving them silicate in veg makes it immediately available rather than having to wait for the organic processes to break it down into soluble ions. Veg is where you really want to make sure your plant is uptaking the silica due to the branching that you want to establish for the heavy flower that should follow along with the benefits it gives the plant in regards to pest resistance, etc.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Usually soil will have enough silica in it to give the plants what they need but, IMO, giving them silicate in veg makes it immediately available rather than having to wait for the organic processes to break it down into soluble ions. Veg is where you really want to make sure your plant is uptaking the silica due to the branching that you want to establish for the heavy flower that should follow along with the benefits it gives the plant in regards to pest resistance, etc.
Makes total sense, thanks. I was dumping a half cup into a empty (not planted, just soil) pot I have sitting in the garage (cooking) and then remembered that it can/will raise the pH of the soil. A good thing if your using media low in pH to begin with like peat moss. My ladies in the 4x2 are in veg, I might leave them as mother's, I'm gonna pH the soil right now see where I'm at. Depending on my readings I'll guess on what to add to the soil with the DE.

Eledin

Eledin

Diatomaceous earth acts as a ph buffer when mixed with the soil, you should be fine if you dont overdoit. However I do ph my water when I use liquid potassium silicate.
EDIT: I do wonder how much it affects the good bacteria on the soil because some brands claim its okay and some say not to apply them at the same time. Probably they will be fine with some DE? I always reinforce a few times with microorganisms during the grow tho, just in case.

Last edited:
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Diatomaceous earth acts as a ph buffer when mixed with the soil, you should be fine if you dont overdoit. However I do ph my water when I use liquid potassium silicate.
Thanks @Eledin I have a lot of it and did pour a half cup and mixed it in the top soil of that one pot, it's just sitting there cooking for future use and those critters see a huge vacation resort there at the moment..lol, that DE should send a message... 😂

Eledin

Eledin

Hahaha they give me a lot of trouble to during summer, even if I try to keep the substrate dry. Maybe I should think about going full coco but I like the advantages of peat and even tho I had some serious colonies the plants did okay, the microoganisms I add take care of the roots so those annoying larvae munch on something else. Its mostly the fact that they like to get in your nostrils what bothers me the most about them 🤣 Oh yeah and the fact that they get stuck in frosty leaves and die there.

Eledin

Eledin

I also suggest you try the coffee thing, youre already using traps but the more the better. Diatomaceous earth + coffee is what helped me the most getting rid of them, or most of them at least. Even if I dont put the coffee for them they get in mine when they get out of the tent, probably swallowed more than a few at this point 😅 protein.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

I’ve been having some gnat issues myself this run. I used the yellow cards and mosquito dunks. They work pretty well and don’t seem to have any negative effects on soil if you’re using dry amendments and microbes

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I’ve been having some gnat issues myself this run. I used the yellow cards and mosquito dunks. They work pretty well and don’t seem to have any negative effects on soil if you’re using dry amendments and microbes
The MicrobeLift BMC is the concentrated version of the mosquito dunks,
281759_MAIN._AC_SL1200_V1616632009_.jpg

and the stuff works well, but not as good as getting these guys----->

SF Nematodes
Exhibitline_sf_750x750.jpg

Hypoaspis Miles

Rove Beetle
Rove-Beetle.jpg

All available here--> https://www.naturesgoodguys.com/collections/fungus-gnat-control-1

Just have to get them in the soil before there's a problem.

I tried it all, play sand (about an inch or two) covering the top soil, apple cider traps, yellow sticky traps 3 to a pot average... I tried it all. The predatory insects handle it the best.

I've only recently have begun to deal with the rest of the insect world, flies and mosquitos' coming in from outside the garage. The lights are a huge attraction. It hasn't overtaken my tent so that's a relief. The few yellow traps I do have up are doing the job.

Eledin

Eledin

Ive been thinking about adding nematodes in the soil but I read that you have to repopulate every 6 weeks for them to keep being effective and all I can find in Spain that contains them is quite expensive... its top dressings for flower, couldnt find just nematodes on their own. Honestly I envy you guys in the US, you have a lot of products available and the soils you can get there are basically supersoils. I wish I had fox farm available here... and other brands.

Top Bottom