feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The little plastic things are for training. They are braces.
I use a binder clip with a pipe cleaner attached and clip to the edge of the pot.

sevare

sevare

How’s this look! I accidentally pulled down too much on one of my stems and it almost fell off the main stem so I duct taped it back but other than that how’s my lst

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have all broken a stem by accident. You did exactly right. Tape it immediately and it will grow back.
It looks like a well trained plant. "Sit". See?, and I only had to say it once.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This looks like it has been wearing the light as a hat. the nodal spacing is crazy tight.
I'm guessing you did that on purpose?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

its my first grow so bear with me but i didnt do anything but defoliate leaves. is this plant bad?
No. It's not bad. Normally branches are every inch or two. These are on top of each other like the light was right down on the plant.
LED's should be 16-20 inches above the plant. HPS and MH, more.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No. It's not bad. Normally branches are every inch or two. These are on top of each other like the light was right down on the plant.
LED's should be 16-20 inches above the plant. HPS and MH, more.
Actually, you managed to do on your first grow something a lot of people try to do on purpose and fail. Well done!
You have bred yourself a Mother. This is a plant you don't tear out and dry. You take your bud from it, prune it and put it back into veg.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

yeah you have a really good light. I would just remember to dial them down from that level the next grow when the plants are young, then gradually dial it up later in veg and flower. They will stretch out a bit more getting taller and less dense. Maybe buy or borrow a decent PAR meter that can tell you the light your canapy is receiving so you can get the levels right. There are better meters I'm sure but they cost a lot more.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JRPQ4L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your worried about breaking branches, pinch until you hear some crunching then roll between your fingers with good pressure until the stem is soft. Do this to about 2" area of the stem then it will be easy to bend and tie. That spot will be very limo and easy to bend.

If using silica it's almost the only way to bend without snapping them.

sevare

sevare

Actually, you managed to do on your first grow something a lot of people try to do on purpose and fail. Well done!
You have bred yourself a Mother. This is a plant you don't tear out and dry. You take your bud from it, prune it and put it back into veg.
Why isn’t that something you can do with any plant and only something you can do with the one that looks like it’s been wearing the light as a hat

sevare

sevare

Why isn’t that something you can do with any plant and only something you can do with the one that looks like it’s been wearing the light as a hat
Just googled it. Tell me if I’m right. I keep it in veg forever and take clones from it giving me infinite bud?

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Early on I seen you had a humidifier steaming away, is your room humidity super low?

sevare

sevare

Early on I seen you had a humidifier steaming away, is your room humidity super low?
I had the humidifier because I was told 70 was good for veg but I turned it off recently and I’m getting 50% rh

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Any plant can become a mother. Most mothers have very tight spacing so that they can have more clone sites in less area.
You keep a mother in low veg. That means just enough light to keep it going while it makes more clones.
You take and grow the clones, not the mother.

sevare

sevare

Any plant can become a mother. Most mothers have very tight spacing so that they can have more clone sites in less area.
You keep a mother in low veg. That means just enough light to keep it going while it makes more clones.
Shoot I’ll need to put it somewhere else when I start flower then so I can keep it as a clone maker

sevare

sevare

Is this a female or male The hairs I see count as female right?

Top Bottom