feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

Plants are showing light/heat stress and swelling between the veins caused by low transpiration rates... this is caused by high humidity. With low transpiration the evaporative cooling from the leaves is poor and so is nutrient uptake both of these reduce the plants ability to use light. So while the light may not be to intense normally it is for these conditions. The swelling is water trapped in the leaves.

You also have dense plants and need to make sure they are getting airflow to the underside of the leaves so they don't get high humidity micro climates.

I take it you are going by VPD without taking into account leaf temps?

Reduce light intensity.

Lower humidity to 55-60%

Make sure the plants get airflow through the plants.

Pruning 2-4 of the largest oldest fan leaves can help with that.
im not sure how to lower the temp i have 3 fans inside my tent.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

im using this exhaust fan and this is how i have it set up. it had good reviews on amazon
Does the duct dump into the room just outside tent or into a different space altogether. Can be like fighting a losing battle with temps/humidity if its just dumping outside the tent and that space isn't conditioned as well. However now that you've helped the plant breath some more that should help out with transpiration issues Aqua man was talking about. Just keep an eye next couple days and see how they respond

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How big is the tent?

Take the filter off and run that fan 24/7 at max. 100% a cheap carbon filter in 70% humidity is not only not doing a dam thing for you it's swollen and restricting airflow.

Report back on temp and humidity in the middle of the light cycle tomorrow.

sevare

sevare

How big is the tent?

Take the filter off and run that fan 24/7 at max. 100% a cheap carbon filter in 70% humidity is not only not doing a dam thing for you it's swollen and restricting airflow.

Report back on temp and humidity in the middle of the light cycle tomorrow.
my tent is a 48x48x80 ill do that and see how that does!

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Try to bend out those branche a little, get expension to help out getting more light in it! They can easily take some low stress training ( LST ) ! The recovery will be fine, but those leaves with issue just cut them out. They will not recover, new growth should be all good once you give proper breathing ! you got already one of the best @Aqua Man out here helping you out!

2F6DB9F7 AC82 4075 8E58 80FACAABB125
B2E15966 4BB8 44CD B6A1 D55D48848A27
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

As u can see your ph is way off, probably due to over feeding, flush out your plants 1 at a time, if ph high add a small splash of white vinegar to a 16oz cup of water stir and give to plant go easy you can allways repeat, if ph is low put a bit of baking soda in the 16oz cup of water and give plant go slow you can reapeat, once all your ph problems are straight let your plants alone to recover next watering see if your ph has remained stable you should be good, after that cut back slightly on nutes there not that bad that yellow looks like wind burn is your fan directly on your plants? If so raise it a bit, try to get most of the fan above your plants the plants should not get blasted.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Hello guys im on week 6 and they are all showing the same deficiency. And they looks weird so short. Only like 1 of them is tall which is also starting to show the deficiency. im not sure if they are auto or photo but im leaning towards photo since ive read that autos would start showing flowering signs right now.
I’m growing in COCO running the lucas method with tap water (i included photos of the measured EC and PPM of my tap water)
2 gallons of water
2ml cal mag
8ml micro
16ml bloom
Then phing between 5.7-6

i thought the issue was that i was using too little cal mag after reading the bottle. i raised the cal mag to 5ml per gallon for a total of 10 and i dont think that helped at all.

(some additional information that i was thinking maybe is the problem but im not sure just seems off to me)

the first couple times when i would make my feed mixture i would only need to add 1 drop of ph up or down to get a drastic change in ph level but now when mixing my nutes its take a whole dropper of ph up or down in order to get the same effect. so maybe my ph up and down has gone bad since i used the same dropper for both of them?
Iis ur lights to close I see little wilt to them and notice temp r high at 91 it looked like. Try raised lights . And try go lite on nutes for bit see that helps. Or do what I do for get all them nutes go the super soil way just water all the way to harvest

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

I thought the lucas formula was revised for coco its called h3ad formula 6ml micro 9ml bloom? (1 gram epsom salt too?)

Could you give a lil more info about the fertigation frequency and environment please?
I agree. i give a feeding with nutes and a tad bit of molasses as I use great white occasionally. that feeding lasts 5-6 days and then I water. plain ro water with calmag and epsom salt. it seems the epsom gets the remaining salts not used up and makes them uptake better. im on soil
so on feeding days i ph to 6.4-6.6. and on water days i ph to 6.8-7 to counter the rootzone acidity. about a tablespoon per gallon.
and spot in with defoliation. look into the shwazzing method. let some light and air into those. the top are all that matter. leave enough fan leaves on the tops but remove them fans

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Since I buffer my coco with CalMag and PH corrected, I have less problems in the future, but thats my experience !!
What brand of coco? Never had any issue. The old coco used to be very high in salts and needed rinsed and buffered. But coco itself does not change the PH much at all. Feeding with proper amounts of Ca and Mg and good runoff with high fertigation rates eliminates the need to soak it.

Even soaking it doesn't eliminate or reduce significantly the issues created from the ion exchange If your CA, Mg and fertigation practices are not adequate.

Imo you have 0 need to do this anymore as almost all quality coco is already rinsed and often buffered none the less issues happens from poor nutrient and fertigation practices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom