feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

What brand of coco? Never had any issue. The old coco used to be very high in salts and needed rinsed and buffered. But coco itself does not change the PH much at all. Feeding with proper amounts of Ca and Mg and good runoff with high fertigation rates eliminates the need to soak it.

Even soaking it doesn't eliminate or reduce significantly the issues created from the ion exchange If your CA, Mg and fertigation practices are not adequate.

Imo you have 0 need to do this anymore as almost all quality coco is already rinsed and often buffered none the less issues happens from poor nutrient and fertigation practices.
112A9F7C 6273 4B4B 842F 83C8E2BC700C

New humidity is around 50% and temp is low 77-high-88
Doing what you said and removing the filter really helped! When I open the tent a heat wave doesn’t slap me in the face. The temp feels fine inside the tent now!

1C537EBC 4970 401F A590 E9F380B13709
9A904A53 D8D8 4F64 AEA2 0E1B40C6F8F7
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1134651
New humidity is around 50% and temp is low 77-high-88
Doing what you said and removing the filter really helped! When I open the tent a heat wave doesn’t slap me in the face. The temp feels fine inside the tent now!
Good stuff let that filter dry out then try it again making dire fan is on max 24/7 👍

Give the filter a few days in warm dry area before trying .

vchavez

vchavez

What brand of coco? Never had any issue. The old coco used to be very high in salts and needed rinsed and buffered. But coco itself does not change the PH much at all. Feeding with proper amounts of Ca and Mg and good runoff with high fertigation rates eliminates the need to soak it.

Even soaking it doesn't eliminate or reduce significantly the issues created from the ion exchange If your CA, Mg and fertigation practices are not adequate.

Imo you have 0 need to do this anymore as almost all quality coco is already rinsed and often buffered none the less issues happens from poor nutrient and fertigation practices.

Been testing Atami and Mother Earth with perlite 30% but both I pre-buffer and also helps to get the best coco when you clean it before soaking it in the solution with calmag.

I follow the instructions from Cocoforcannabis

Cocofor Cannabis website says: There are two options for pre-buffered coco products which we have experience with and can endorse.

Canna Organic Substrate
Roots Organics Cocopalms

Both the Canna and Roots Organics products are pre-rinsed and pre-buffered. They come in bags with fibers that are dehydrated, but not compressed.

My last grow I used FloraFlex and I gave water 4 times a day. No signs of Calcium or magnesium since veg or bloom.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Been testing Atami and Mother Earth with perlite 30% but both I pre-buffer and also helps to get the best coco when you clean it before soaking it in the solution with calmag.

I follow the instructions from Cocoforcannabis

Cocofor Cannabis website says: There are two options for pre-buffered coco products which we have experience with and can endorse.

Canna Organic Substrate
Roots Organics Cocopalms

Both the Canna and Roots Organics products are pre-rinsed and pre-buffered. They come in bags with fibers that are dehydrated, but not compressed.

My last grow I used FloraFlex and I gave water 4 times a day. No signs of Calcium or magnesium since veg or bloom.
There is alot of great info there on coco.

zebrausa

zebrausa

I PH my water twice. I put it in the bucket. Add the ph down. Put the air stone in. When the ph is all gassed off I PH the water again. Otherwise what happens to me is I ph the water to 6.0. And leave it bubbling and come back and it's at 8.0. After the second dose of ph down it tends to stay stable longer.
Your plants don't look so bad. It sort of looks like too much watering, too hot, or a ph problem. I don't see a nutrient problem. I have a cloner, Air bubblers with definitely increase your ph.

sevare

sevare

There is alot of great info there on coco.
Just finished feeding them. 2 of them look like they they stopped growing. What do you think. Or maybe they are still in shock from the heat that they were put under for so long and the trimming I did to them.

sevare

sevare

I’m also having a hard time getting run off. I’m using a 2 gal can maybe I need a bigger one or just make 2 cans of nutes

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m also having a hard time getting run off. I’m using a 2 gal can maybe I need a bigger one or just make 2 cans of nutes
They look good bro give em time.

You need tobbe getting run off if not your going to have buildup issues.

Take a read here on these 2 threads to help understand watering a bit more.

sevare

sevare

They look good bro give em time.

You need tobbe getting run off if not your going to have buildup issues.

Take a read here on these 2 threads to help understand watering a bit more.

There’s 7570.82ml in 2 gallons and each plant should get 750ml being in 3 gallon pots. That’s if I go off your post about watering but as every plant is different maybe there’s no way around it . I just need to use my first 2 gallon nute solution then make another after that . Because I’ve been feeding around 10 seconds each pot and by the end of the last one all my water is gone. And no run off

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There’s 7570.82ml in 2 gallons and each plant should get 750ml being in 3 gallon pots. That’s if I go off your post about watering but as every plant is different maybe there’s no way around it . I just need to use my first 2 gallon nute solution then make another after that . Because I’ve been feeding around 10 seconds each pot and by the end of the last one all my water is gone. And no run off
Yeah 750 ml but look at the runoff numbers and the frequency. You may need to water many times a day. In my 1 gal I was at 14x a day.

Not saying you need that.. just that runoff is important in coco and yours is likely not watered often enough.

sevare

sevare

Yeah 750 ml but look at the runoff numbers and the frequency. You may need to water many times a day. In my 1 gal I was at 14x a day.

Not saying you need that.. just that runoff is important in coco and yours is likely not watered often enough.
Yeah I’ve been feeding every time the coco looks dry and that’s around once every other day. I fed tonight at midnight.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I’ve been feeding every time the coco looks dry and that’s around once every other day. I fed tonight at midnight.
Coco is not soil it should not dry imo... it has great air holding capacity and is not easily over watered. Now in 3 gal I'm not sure you have perlite mixed in or not but when you water I would say once a day right now minimum if you don't feel like it using that method you need to get run off everytime you water... it may not be an issue now but it will end up being if you don't.

Next time capture the runoff and test the ph and ppm. Then post if ya can.

sevare

sevare

Coco is not soil it should not dry imo... it has great air holding capacity and is not easily over watered. Now in 3 gal I'm not sure you have perlite mixed in or not but when you water I would say once a day right now minimum if you don't feel like it using that method you need to get run off everytime you water... it may not be an issue now but it will end up being if you don't.

Next time capture the runoff and test the ph and ppm. Then post if ya can.
So here’s an update on how they look. It seems that they like that I started feeding every day . Do you have an opinion on my defoliation? Too much too little? I wanna do the rest like this one

Ponky

Ponky

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. In your opinion how long should I run my veg for? I’m growing in a 48x48x80 tent and I’m on week 7
I flip on a schedule. But in your case when half the canopy is full and the plants are half the final height your aiming for. 18 days is the earliest I've ever found to be an efficient flip. And I've never gone over 8 weeks of veg.

Sometimes I like to let the stretch for about 9 days after I flip. Then I train those arms down . And that fills up the canopy and reduces height.

I top and defoliate my plants generally.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So here’s an update on how they look. It seems that they like that I started feeding every day . Do you have an opinion on my defoliation? Too much too little? I wanna do the rest like this one
Glad to hear they are doing well bro 👍

sevare

sevare

Glad to hear they are doing well bro 👍
They’ve already grown most of the leaves I took off already! I wanted to separate the branches so the smaller ones could get some light and get bigger and I’ve seen people use these plastic separaters that go between branches and holds them apart which achieves that affect that I want what are they called?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They’ve already grown most of the leaves I took off already! I wanted to separate the branches so the smaller ones could get some light and get bigger and I’ve seen people use these plastic separaters that go between branches and holds them apart which achieves that affect that I want what are they called?
Low stress training (LST)

Latest posts

Top Bottom