feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

i am not sure it was a random seed my friend gave me. I think I’ll just flush it and see what happens. How long would you recommend to flush in coco? And what ph for coco when flushing

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i am not sure it was a random seed my friend gave me. I think I’ll just flush it and see what happens. How long would you recommend to flush in coco? And what ph for coco when flushing
I'm not a coco grower. I'll let @Dirtbag answer that one.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How long would you recommend to flush in coco? And what ph for coco when flushing

I like to use plain water for the last 10 days or so in coco. What I like to do is get lots of runoff for the first few days to really bring the runoff ppm down low, and then water it less frequently after that, allowing it to dry up a good bit between waterings.
But everyone has their preferred methods.

sevare

sevare

Tap water or RO water
I like to use plain water for the last 10 days or so in coco. What I like to do is get lots of runoff for the first few days to really bring the runoff ppm down low, and then water it less frequently after that, allowing it to dry up a good bit between waterings.
But everyone has their preferred methods.

sevare

sevare

Tap if it has a ppm is below 150. If not, cut it with RO to bring it under 150ppm. Otherwise, plain RO is fine too.
For all of my grow I’ve been watering once a day so when you say less frequent would you mean 1 day water 1 day no water?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
For all of my grow I’ve been watering once a day so when you say less frequent would you mean 1 day water 1 day no water?
Pretty much, but you'll have to be the judge with regard to when they need it again. You don't want them goin bone dry, but I was usually able to let them go 2 or 3 days between waterings at the end.

sevare

sevare

I’m not sure if my plants are dried fully yet. Some branches have a snapping sound others are still like bending a bit. The smell of hay is subtle now not fully gone though

sevare

sevare

Pretty much, but you'll have to be the judge with regard to when they need it again. You don't want them goin bone dry, but I was usually able to let them go 2 or 3 days between waterings at the end.
They have been drying for 9 days

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They have been drying for 9 days
You can probably start curing them now. What is their RH?

Put them in a ziplock with a hygrometer and zip it. Wait 30 minutes and see what it reads.

sevare

sevare

You can probably start curing them now. What is their RH?

Put them in a ziplock with a hygrometer and zip it. Wait 30 minutes and see what it reads.
Right now the humidity is 47 but for the past week it’s been around what the photo shows

41956CD7 5442 4BAB 8326 0A5219F68862
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Then they are probably ready to cure. Break off a small bit and open it up. Still damp? No? then Smoke it.

sevare

sevare

Then they are probably ready to cure. Break off a small bit and open it up. Still damp? No? then Smoke it.
I’m going to trim and start curing but look at my airy nugs! Would that be just genetics or maybe I flowered to fast?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I’m going to trim and start curing but look at my airy nugs! Would that be just genetics or maybe I flowered to fast?
Airy nugs could be a few things. What you fed or did not feed, light quality, ... all kinds of things can affect it. It's difficult to say.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I’m not sure if my plants are dried fully yet. Some branches have a snapping sound others are still like bending a bit. The smell of hay is subtle now not fully gone though
You're going to get some hay smell and loss of some terpenes when the drying room gets into the 80s. Why the big spikes in temp and humidity inside a tent? I would expect those kind of swings in an uninsulated shed but not in a tent in a room.

I’m going to trim and start curing
If you think you'll consume the whole crop within a few months there is really no need for curing imho. Curing is more for long term storage.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If you think you'll consume the whole crop within a few months there is really no need for curing imho. Curing is more for long term storage.

Curing is also to bring the flavors out to their fullest. I get enough from each harvest so there is never a shortage of buds. I do smoke out of it once it's dry enough to burn correctly, but there's always plenty curing in the jars too.

Top Bottom