Fellow Farmers with academic degrees?

• Thread starter Tesseract
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I got my bachelors in Electrical Engineering. I wouldn't say it directly relates to how i grow except for the fact that i know how to protect and not overload circuits and electrical equipment.

My love is with Orchids actually. I started growing orchids about 8 years ago and fell in love with them right off the bat. I've been growing herb for 15 years but really didn't start paying attention to what i was doing until i started growing orchids. Even then i wasn't paying attention to PH and EC measurements. What i've learned from these type websites, magazines and friends has helped my green thumb in Orchids greatly. Hopefully i'll be able to quit my desk job someday and take care of my orchid greenhouse full time. I just have to get to the point where I have a real orchid greenhouse first. HA.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There are some spendy orchids out there. Quite the hobby.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

There are some spendy orchids out there. Quite the hobby.

Oh Seamaiden i know. I've killed so many hundreds of dollars worth of orchids. Well maybe not that much but over a hundred dollars worth for sure. But what can I say, I'm addicted. Luckily I've gotten a better orchid green thumb now and have learned how to get a couple species to flower repeatedly. I'm from WA though, so i really have to alter the atmosphere and conditions to get them to thrive. For the time being I'm sticking with a couple varieties of dendrobiums and phalaenopsis until i can get a larger area for them.

click80

click80

One last thing ......

watch it you slaaaaaaaaaag :pimp:

peace

mello

In my defense; I had never heard that (anecdote?) until I was in the the Navy. I partied with some sailors off the carrier HMS Ark Royal which was docked in Norfolk, Va a long, long time ago.

God they loved to drink...and sing...and fight...and hug...and then drink and sing some more. God it was great...had great fun....

oh he ought to be an admiral, a sultan, or a king
And to his praises we shall always sing
Look what he has done for us, he's filled us up with cheer
lord bless Charlie Mops,
The man who invented beer
:friday:

My sincere apologies...but i really couldn't resist....:character0050:

F

f1ydave

I went to school for Robotics Engineering/Industrial Manufacturing. I thought it was just fun. After school, I was a mortgage broker for 8 years working 80 hours a week. Made some decent mula. As of recently, I have been doing real estate for the last 6 years. I specialize in investment properties that cash-flow (I have rental properties). My partner is a Mechanical Engineer and currently works for an international corporation doing that. He is very smart.

We have friends who have Mechanical/Chemical Engineering and Business/Finance degrees.

A mutual friend of ours (who talked us into joined the medical industry) was a Graphics Artist for a national restaurant chain. He designed their menus/place-mats for kids and advertising ads. He quit last year to go full-time medical m, because it was taking up too much of his time and he had to choose.

We are growing our first batch.

If all goes well, I will most likely consider going back to school for Agriculture.

I personally think the best education is through experience. School rarely prepares you for reality.

Top Bottom