Fellowship of the Purple

• Thread starter ArthritiSux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

This is my first grow on the Farm so let the fun begin. First time using the 5 watt cree blue from advanced led lights, and I'm about to get my DS600 in a month. This will be a tent setup in 1 hydrohut silver 2x4x6 for flower, and another 2x4x6 for veg/clone/male isolation chamber. These will be shoved into a closet an vented passive connected together. The strain will be Ancient OG in hopes to find a Iranian dom male to match to a Iranian dom female. If I cant find a IR dom male worthy then I'm sure the snow lotus dom male will suffice. Either way this setup is just to open up the Ancient OG to work with at a later time. I've done the isolation chamber before and used the pollen (male of Bubba Ho Tep=Decapitation x Insane Banana Kush f9) to make some crosses with King Louie XIII OG, Strawberry Diesel F3, Green Dragon(a Chemdog #4 cross), an Green Crack. Very successful chuck in which the King Louie put out the most, an that was my goal to open her up later too.
When I say open up at a later time, when I say later I mean when I get my house.........I'm a year or 2 out depending on how much land we want an need to save for.

Pics you say, not at the moment as this is the plan in my head an the equipment is on the boat headed to my Island paradise where I shall live out my DAZE. Moving to Hawaii very soon an its my last weekend in Humboldt so I'm gonna get some fishing on and burn some trainwreck b4 I can't.

Toke it easy, an keep it greasy.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Advanced rocks! Well made and heavy.... lights, some circuit board and a BIG ass heatsink! Not as hot as my hps but definitely give off some heat!
I'm sure u read up on em, switchable veg/bloom as well as some uv bulbs, all individually lensed. They r nice! And Kyle the rep will bend over backwards to help... Good luck!!
I do miss the hps that bleeds out everywhere as opposed to the lensed, directional LED. Hence the smaller footprint.
My 1st run w/ 2 ds600's

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Damn BeenBurned, those ladies are just praying for that purp. What were your temps with the 2 units, an did ya run ac?

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

They do LOVE the light! I am still dialing in this new room but as of now no a/c. I vent the hot (6" inline) and pull filtered cool air from the barn below...and i run the lights at night . I am able to keep it 70-75 as long as I remember to hit the fan switch (I have GOT to get that on a thermostat!).
Have u had a chance to plug that 5w cree yet? It does look badass! I hope it goes well for ya' brother.
U still fishin?? eat that shit up!!!!!!!
B

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Didn't get to go fishing which is unfortunate. The wife dragged me to the Arcata farmers market.........argh. You best be damn skippy i got my trainwreck lol. Ahh, how i will miss the lemony pledge funk of this girl, maybe it will make its way to the island some day.
Plug it in you say? You know I couldn't resist! I plugged it in, an called the wife over to see it an her words were, "wtf!". I didn't try to check footprint just to see that it was working so i can pack it up for the move. Deep blue, an powerfull for 185 watts. I went with the smaller model an if i like it i will get 3 more of that size later on as my veg grows in size.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

lol...at least the priorities are straight!! Wife happy then trainwreck...too bad the fishin had to suffer tho. Gonna have to order some beanz when you hit the islands and your mistress will always be by your side!
A nice deep blue huh, thats awesome. I sure they are built heavy duty like the others! I currently veg w/ t5 but even with flouro the flip is smooth...straight into the ladies room with the just the blus on (switched to veg...handy) for a week then full on!! Incidentally, I am running out of headroom and as long as the circ fan is running I can sneak up pretty close to the light with little damage.
So whens the move???

side note
Funny how everyone uses various names for their rooms, I use girls and ladies.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

The move was monday! I'm here an i gotta say i admire any indoor grower that is handling this humidity......DAMN WET! But I love this place an the vibe. I get smiles all around an I feel for the first time at home an welcomed.

Pics will come later tonight when i get back from dinner with the neighbors. The breaker box is tiny an i have my doubts as to if i can even run a led in here. I have a box fan plugged in the front room an the power is pulsing. Wifey just used a blow dryer in the bedroom where i will grow, so thats promising.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Sorry for the sideways pic, not sure how much this box allows. I dont have any tools here yet so i cant unscrew the face to see what i got to work with, but im guessing a 60 amp maybe? Doesnt look like a 100 amp thats forsure.

Any thoughts? Heres a few minutes from my new digs....
20140617 150152
20140617 150143

freespirit

freespirit

Sorry for the sideways pic, not sure how much this box allows. I dont have any tools here yet so i cant unscrew the face to see what i got to work with, but im guessing a 60 amp maybe? Doesnt look like a 100 amp thats forsure.

Any thoughts? Heres a few minutes from my new digs....
View attachment 415670 View attachment 415671
So jealous.. being landlocked in a big Agri-industry state is destroying the quality of what water we do have. Talk about some water therapy! awesome

freespirit

freespirit

On your breaker box, the 2 on the right are 240w double pole breakers, and are probably 30-40amp. Those are pretty old, and with janky wiring like I have you want to make sure what is actually on that circuit. I found out our 120v dishwasher is on the same breaker as our 240v dryer! :banghead:

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

^^^yep, stove water heater...etc^^^

Ya' man b careful in the old island built home, they do things a little different. laid back.....
at least the LEDs are easier on the power draw! U gotta get those babies up-n-on bro..I would show u a fresh pic but it would prolly ruin your awesome day lol
Have a good one man...
:wideyed:ENVIOUS:bawling:​

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

On your breaker box, the 2 on the right are 240w double pole breakers, and are probably 30-40amp. Those are pretty old, and with janky wiring like I have you want to make sure what is actually on that circuit. I found out our 120v dishwasher is on the same breaker as our 240v dryer! :banghead:
Dont have any washer or dryer so im thinking one is for the electric stove an the other for who knows. Gonna run a yest this week to map the breakers. So this box is a 100 amp service panel ya think?

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

^^^yep, stove water heater...etc^^^

Ya' man b careful in the old island built home, they do things a little different. laid back.....
at least the LEDs are easier on the power draw! U gotta get those babies up-n-on bro..I would show u a fresh pic but it would prolly ruin your awesome day lol
Have a good one man...
:wideyed:ENVIOUS:bawling:​
Deff worried about the wiring but whats got me worried the most is the roaches. I read they carry MITES! WTF! Are you serious? Are these the dreaded borg/spider mite we fear?

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

You can see an egg on one of the breaker switches. There are eggs all over the popcorn ceiling.....landlord/owner wont do anything it. The place was rented for 10 years by a hoarder they said an its GROUND ZERO! What the hell do i do?

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

OUCH...nasty and fast...damn. Hey, perhaps you should pose the Q to "island growers". I do not know if there is a thread but I know that there are some islanders on the site.
Do they have any natural predators there? Prolly not huh...that is one of the probs! Hope you can get it worked out...here ya go...

last week, gettin downright frosty. I need to sneak in for a shot at night...
Have a good day man...

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Holy frost buckets! Looks killer been burned.

Heres a pic of the light.....
20140624 213712

20140624 213513

20140626 155552

Decided to move from joes apartment. Woke up to roaches crawling on me the other night. Im done with this place, which means my grow is on hold till I get outta here asap.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Ya, it sure is getting that way. I did not clone this one so I will deff. be re-veging it. Light looks sweet man...their proprietary "slave cable" style cords are cool but I need to try and get a longer daisy chain jumper.

lmmfao....Joes apartment....funny reference, not problem. I see the locals say dont worry 'bout em' man. AaaaK, Sorry bro, Im w/ you!!
Good luck on the home hunting...I bet u r READY to gro.

Top Bottom